Sign in to follow this  
Radiant Hero Ike

Mega Man Zero/ZX Legacy Collection (February 2020)

Leaked on the PSN Store just a little bit ago, a new Mega Man collection! Has all six games (Zero 1-4, ZX and ZX Advent), new features like a casual mode, mid stage save assists, a gallery and music player, along with some filters and such.

https://youtu.be/cXnCZvvOHJw

I've never gotten the chance to play these, so I'm really excited! The trailer only says PS4 but I'm pretty sure that's just because it's a trailer from the PSN Store.

EDIT: in my rush to post this I forgot to mention the new Z-Chaser mode! Looks like a speedrun race to see who can beat the stage the fastest.

Oh, wow. This was unexpected, lol.

I probably wouldn’t buy this cuz I don’t like the Zero games very much, but it’s nice that Capcom atleast acknowledge the other Mega Man games out there and care about them enough to make them a lot more accessible to people with these collections.

Granted, I doubt they care enough to develop new games within these side-series, but baby steps, baby steps.

I hope Casual Mode is true to its name, because most of the MMZ games are hard as balls. Haven't tried ZX yet, but this will be a good oportunity.

This also proves that DS games are able to be ported in some fashion, so it opens the possibility of the late BN and SF titles.

41 minutes ago, Radiant Hero Ike said:

Switch, PC and Xbox One versions just confirmed!

Excellent news.

I just hope Capcom puts all the games on the cart this time but I'm looking forward to getting this. I own Zero Collection in DS and played it for a while, but I have no problem upgrading if it's including more games.

This thing's out in less than a month and I am beyond excited for it. I've been playing every single Legacy collection on the PS4 and these are solid efforts, so my confidence in this one turning out alright has been boosted somewhat. I'm mostly wary about the PC version due to the random problems that have plagued some Steam releases (X Legacy having input lag and Classic Legacy 2 having online-only requirements). But if Capcom doesn't fuck this up then I'm buying this shit on multiple platforms. The Zero series is host to some of the best action platformers ever made and Zero Collection on the DS was the first truly great compilation that the Mega Man series ever had. I still cherish my DS copy but I'm hoping this new version surpasses it in every way and carries over all of its unique features including Zero 3's e-reader perks.

The one thing that would make me lose my mind more than anything is if a Battle Network and Star Force collection follows after this. Every Mega Man platformer series is fun but BN is my favorite of the bunch, due to it having one of the most unique and engaging RPG battle systems ever made. Even when I'm playing the worst games in the series (1 and 4) I can still have a ton of fun with them because the battle system is like fucking crack to me. I just spent two hours earlier tonight replaying BN1 from the beginning, which is mechanically the worst BN game, but I hardly care because the core addictiveness is still there in spades. I'd be the first in line for a Battle Network collection which I've been wanting ever since Zero Collection came out ten years ago, and I was disappointed that Capcom never opted to make one in favor of DS ports of 5 and the Japan-only 1. Just give me my BN collection Capcom and I will never ask for anything Mega Man-related ever again.