Awoo.

Yakuza 7 (January 16th, 2020 - Japan; 2020 - West)

TCB

Just announced and confirmed that the next mainline entry in the popular Yakuza/Ryu ga Gotoku series is aptly titled Yakuza 7: Whereabouts of Light and Darkness. Surely the folks over at SEGA West will shorten that title for us less intricate fans in due time. This game's protagonist (from Yakuza Online) is named Ichiban Kasuga.

As for the gameplay...remember way back to April Fools Day this year where footage of said protagonist was in an JRPG setting and like none of us actually believed it was gonna be in a numbered entry to the series and just for Online? 

Well that's the new gameplay style for 7. What madmen they are.

Here's the teaser trailer (down below), official website is now up with info, and Twitter translations courtesy of Gematsu:

Who hype? I'm hype. 

• Thumbs Up 3

I'm definetly hyped. I'm glad to see all this love for Yakuza nowadays since otherwise I wouldn't have known about it.

Turn based combat is a bit unexpected but I'm sure they will pull it off well.

Also didn't expect the 7 but more to show it would be kind of a spin off like Judgement. But if it's canon that's great.

EDIT: https://gematsu.com/2019/08/yakuza-7-titled-yakuza-like-a-dragon-in-the-west

English name confirmed to be "Yakuza: Like a Dragon".