Awoo.

Sonic Monopoly

BaronGrackle

https://kotaku.com/the-sonic-the-hedgehog-monopoly-game-is-about-going-fas-1837688994/amp

I didn't see a topic already. If there is one, we can lock this. Sonic Monopoly!

* The movers are Sonic, Tails, Amy, and Knuckles. The currency is Rings.

* It'll be like the Mario monopoly style--each character has a special power, and passing Go will trigger a boss battle whose reward is a Chaos Emerald.

* There's an image of the game board, but some locations are hard to see.

p4g9li6at5706ntyye1f.jpg

Each monopoly seems to be Act 1 and Act 2 of a zone. For example, the first monopoly is Speed Highway Act 1 and Speed Highway Act 2. I can also make out Chemical Plant, Sky Sanctuary... the others are hard to see. The last pair is Planet Wisp.

In the lower-right corner I see cards for Eggman, Shadow, and I think Infinite. These must be bosses.

Well, I'm going to houserule that Knuckles has bonuses on Sky Sanctuary and any other Angel Island properties.

This remind me of Sonic the Hedgehog: Battle Racers. Anyone still remember that Kickstarter? Man it's sure taking it's sweet time. But I heard it's actually coming out this Fall.

1 hour ago, Forgetful Panda said:

What is the difference between ordinary Monopoly and Monopoly Gamer exactly?

I don't have Monopoly Gamer, but I can tell a few things from the box. Each character piece has its own "power", and you fight a "boss" when you pass Go.

Regardless, it'll be nice to get little figures of the fantastic four here.

Didn’t the last one in this series (The Mario Edition, btw) came out in 2017? Holy crap, did it take them forever to release a new one.

Anyways, looks neat and all, but all of my years of playing Monopoly and never finishing a game, either because of someone rage-quitting or a match just dragging on, pretty much led me to never buying another Monopoly board again. I’ll just stick with Fortune Street, thank you.

53 minutes ago, Fire-N-Space said:

Closest thing we'll get to Sonic amiibo.

Uhhhhh....

Spoiler

3B434193-CFA5-4338-AF91-DF6806EA5038.png.88f2d1bf3d6f5acb7f85d0ffc43cb3ca.png

• Thumbs Up 1

So... I wasn't going to post my vid here but I accidentally improved the board image and you can clearly see the enitre board!

I too struggled to see the entire board. For some reason zooming in via a web browser or even image tools blurs the image and its hard to make out even the bottom of the board...

However... for some reason. After I rendered the vid, the sections where I zoom in is by using the pan tool on my video editor, and after rendering I realised thid had not reduced the image quality!

So you can now clearly make out all the zones and even the boss cards!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Fist Bump 2

Yeah, I'm gonna pick Battle Racers as it seems more unique and better made. IF it comes out soon as planned.

6 hours ago, Badnik Mechanic said:

However... for some reason. After I rendered the vid, the sections where I zoom in is by using the pan tool on my video editor, and after rendering I realised thid had not reduced the image quality!

So you can now clearly make out all the zones and even the boss cards!

Thanks! So it looks like Sonic Generations provided our properties.

-Speed Highway, Chemical Plant

-Sky Sanctuary, Rooftop Run

-City Escape, Seaside Hill

-Green Hill, Planet Wisp

Honestly? If Planet Wisp was going to be Boardwalk, then they should've just gone in pure chronological order.

Your video mentioned that four characters is a small selection. Of course with the other Gamer Monopolies, they released other characters in individual packs.

That's right, fans. DLC for your board games! (I've actually spent too much on DLC villain characters for Disney Villainous, but yeah it's totally worth it.)

7 hours ago, Menace2Society said:

Uhhhhh....

Hide contents

3B434193-CFA5-4338-AF91-DF6806EA5038.png.88f2d1bf3d6f5acb7f85d0ffc43cb3ca.png

I think they meant amiibos of the other characters.

• Promotion 1

Is that an Infinite card inbetween the Eggman and Shadow cards? I guess it is cool to see him show up again in some form or another.

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, Splash the Otter said:

I think they meant amiibos of the other characters.

That's right, but I'm not a "they". 

20 hours ago, Fire-N-Space said:

That's right, but I'm not a "they". 

I said "they" because I don't know if you're male or female.

Speed Highway is far too nice of a level to be saddled as being the shitty purple ones. Make that shit Crisis City or something.

• Thumbs Up 1