Awoo.

Anyone else bored of Eggman being the villain? Also the series should go back to basics!

StarWarsSonic

5 hours ago, Wraith said:

That would just make them look goofy. They're supposed to be an exaggerated take on the military, not the Freedom Fighters. 

I suppose the Wispons would be a bit much, I'll give you that.  But Rouge and Shadow aren't goofy or Freedom Fighter-esque. Why would an all-human organization just have 2 random animals in it? In fact, why would an all-human world have a bunch of random animals that nobody questions the presence of? Animal civilians and G.U.N. agents along with humans would make the world clash less with the main cast IMO.

43 minutes ago, Sonario said:

I suppose the Wispons would be a bit much, I'll give you that.  But Rouge and Shadow aren't goofy or Freedom Fighter-esque. Why would an all-human organization just have 2 random animals in it? In fact, why would an all-human world have a bunch of random animals that nobody questions the presence of? Animal civilians and G.U.N. agents along with humans would make the world clash less with the main cast IMO.

They go out of their way to not show the human foot soldiers that much as it is so it just feels weird to draw a ton of attention to it IMO.

40 minutes ago, Wraith said:

They go out of their way to not show the human foot soldiers that much as it is so it just feels weird to draw a ton of attention to it IMO.

Yeah in SA2 the most you see of them is when they are inside boss robots. It's honestly interesting how little we see of them, but that's because the game play focus is on robots for obvious reasons.

Some complained for Sonic X showing the exact person who killed Maria. Shadow's game also showed them much more. Although I did like them adding Topaz in Sonic X, she paired with Rouge well and felt like a human addition done right.

1 hour ago, Sonario said:

Because one was covertly recruited for her repurposed skills on behalf of the President and the other is closely linked to her despite a tense past with an earlier iteration of it?

4 minutes ago, DryLagoon said:

Some complained for Sonic X showing the exact person who killed Maria. Shadow's game also showed them much more.

Really now?

4 minutes ago, DryLagoon said:

Although I did like them adding Topaz in Sonic X, she paired with Rouge well and felt like a human addition done right.

I think it's partly because she helped make Rouge's fleshed out alliance with GUN feel more natural and earned, in addition to actually contributing to her characterization with their own dynamic.

2 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

Really now?

I think it's partly because she helped make Rouge's fleshed out alliance with GUN feel more natural and earned, in addition to actually contributing to her characterization with their own dynamic.

I forget which thread, but I remember someone bringing it up here too. I might be thinking of somewhere else. But it's this guy (Mister Schmitz).

Yeah, I feel like they bounce off each other well and would be a good way of introducing humans and animals interacting with each other. Rouge was already working with humans, so it makes sense she'd be closer to them even if in an on and off way.

6 hours ago, DryLagoon said:

I forget which thread, but I remember someone bringing it up here too. I might be thinking of somewhere else. But it's this guy (Mister Schmitz).

Yeah, I feel like they bounce off each other well and would be a good way of introducing humans and animals interacting with each other. Rouge was already working with humans, so it makes sense she'd be closer to them even if in an on and off way.

Yeah, I remember. I thought you were linking a criticism. I did quite like that touch.

That too. It probably also helps that  on top of she and the other government members helped play up Rouge's character, they also didn't appear as often as most of the other characters.

9 hours ago, Sonario said:

in fact, why would an all-human world have a bunch of random animals that nobody questions the presence of? Animal civilians and G.U.N. agents along with humans would make the world clash less with the main cast IMO.

Naka intended for humans to live in different regions of Earth from talking animals going from his comment on how Sonic met more humans in the Adventure Era though.

I was sure I asked this before, but didn't get anything from what I saw. Best repost it here for appropriateness

On 5/15/2019 at 3:32 PM, DabigRG said:

What do people think of Void? With a lot of opinions being tossed around regarding different characters, stories, and styles, he's one of the few things that tends to be omitted.

3 hours ago, DabigRG said:

I was sure I asked this before, but didn't get anything from what I saw. Best repost it here for appropriateness

The wisp? Well, he had his utilities, but I dont have any fond feelings for hi-

Oh, the Sonic Shuffle character! He was a good baddie for that game's limited story, but I'm not clamoring for his return any time soon.

• Thumbs Up 1

11 minutes ago, thumbs13 said:

The wisp? Well, he had his utilities, but I dont have any fond feelings for hi-

Dangit, I should've known. (Except not really cause I never played the DS version) 

On 3/16/2020 at 11:29 PM, Wraith said:

That would just make them look goofy. They're supposed to be an exaggerated take on the military, not the Freedom Fighters. 

Yeah, I can't tell the fanbase how to feel. But the continued desire to make gun more of a thing in that way feels like a lot of the fanbase missed the whole point of gun. Even if they brought someone like topaz back, I would rather her be a private detective than gun affiliated

On 3/16/2020 at 2:18 PM, DabigRG said:

What was up with that temper thing, btw?

Took way to long to get back to this one, sorry XD

Anyway, the temper bit is actually a rarely used trait of Sonic's. In a lot of his old official bios ()can't say for the new ones as I haven't looked at them recently Sonic is described as short tempered. It's a trait that should be called to the fore and exploited narratively at some point or another. I find the D6 are an opportunity to do as such, and if you stop and think about it, the D6 could and probably should serve as vices in reflection of Sonic's less favorable personality traits.

As a couple of examples let's say if Zavok is wrath of the Deadly Sins then he is a character who should reflect the danger of Sonic's temper and bring it out of him. Conversely, Zazz more represents Sonic's adrenaline junkie side and need for action twisted about like a break dancing pretzel while Zomom's gluttony reflects back onto Sonic's typical self focus and indulging himself first if his friends are not in immediate danger. Zeena meanwhile is a fair foil for Sonic's own vanity (need I remind about his comments on the Earth in SA2 or when he presents himself to Chip in Unleashed in Apotos when he turns back to normal) while Zor easily possesses the ability to make Sonic's philosophical side appear nihilistic if not actively destructive. Lastly, Master Zik presents the conflict of experience through time of slow versus fast as his experience come from his long lived life while Sonic's comes from what his speed has allowed him to experience in a comparatively short amount of time. On a whole, despite being cookie cutter personality tropes that are way overcooked and placed in a horribly underdeveloped story, the D6 do have the trappings to actually challenge Sonic on a character level. If Sonic is supposed to represent SEGA as being cool than the D6 should highlight the vices of those things which make Sonic and SEGA cool and forces Sonic to demonstrate the right way to use those aspects. In a way the D6 have to be tonally and aesthetically "wrong" to work in this approach as they would be representing what SEGA is and Sonic as an extension in a depreciative stance. At that point it is Sonic's job as SEGA's mascot to correct those slights and demonstrate the good parts of those ideas and values. Where the real question comes about though is how would you even begin doing that in a believable way from an in universe POV in a series with over  two decades of history before the D6 introduction? Realistically speaking, the type of roles they can serve are too far removed from the franchise's inception both chronologically and thematically while simultaneously failing to fit in with how the series changed over the years. Still, with the right combination of writer and director with SEGA kept out of their way there is potential to be had, even if the characters by nature should be hated to serve their best purpose.

And wow, I didn't really intend to write that much, but I guess it is what it is XD

• Thumbs Up 3

Something like just thought about: how often has the conquer/invader type villain been used in this series, not counting Eggman?

1 hour ago, DabigRG said:

Something like just thought about: how often has the conquer/invader type villain been used in this series, not counting Eggman?

Black Doom, the birds from Tails Adventure, but that's about it. Everyone else had specific goals that would lead to world domination somehow. 

1 hour ago, thumbs13 said:

Black Doom, the birds from Tails Adventure, but that's about it. Everyone else had specific goals that would lead to world domination somehow. 

Maybe conqueror wasn't the right word...I mean intimidating proud types like Erazor.