Awoo.

Video Games Live

T-Bird

So, Video Games Live has been an event run by Tommy Tallerico and Jack Hall, both reknowned for their work on music in the videogames industry. It's been going for about 4 years now, and has frequented the UK four times - three times in London, and once in Glasgow.

In a strange turn of events, the concert is not being held in London this year! It is in fact being held literally on the other side of the Tyne river at the Gateshead SAGE concert hall.

Although the site says otherwise, tickets are available on the SAGE webpage!

So, what are people's thoughts and feelings on this? Anyone going? Anyone think it's a good/bad idea to host the concert outside of London for once? I personally think it's great as now I only have to travel 15 minutes to get there - unlike every other time where I've had to travel three hours down to London!

If you hurry, there's tickets still available close to the front - and that's where I'll be sitting! :3

T

• Thumbs Up 1

OMG In the SAGE?! I've always wanted to go, and I haven't been in the Sage yet; I would be a damned fool if I missed this!

*frantically clicks links*

Edit: Haha got a bit too excited there.

Front row is taken, but loads of seats available, I think I'll sit behind you, although now I'm racked with indecision as to where would be the best place to sit :D

This is very exiting though. It's only a 15 minute journey for me as well, so I hope I meet some people there!

Edited by CapnCloudchaser

It entirely depends on the price of the tickets, cost of the train (as I'll no doubt have to hit the GNER and their prices are extortion) and whether I can get the time off work the next day.

I'm not prepared to let Tommy's deception get the better of me! Not if I can afford it, at least! :P

It's sooooo Tempting, I've wanted to go foer the past 2 years (Exams stopped me last year) and I was looking forwards to going this year, I'm in the same boat as Dread though with the Ticket price and the cost of staying for the night. I live down in Surrey which is the other side of London and essentually a Trek all the way up the UK.

Anyone who can help me with cheap places to stay and train stations it would be very much appriciated.

I'll be happy to help give people directions when they get up here and have a look for some cheap hotels and stuff. Most of the cheaper B&B's are by the coast (I'm thinking Whitley Bay here, as I had to find a cheap place for someone else a few weeks ago) although T-Bird may have some better ideas for cheaper places to stay methinks.

I have a big living room with a rather large sofa that I wouldn't mind lending to someone to crash on if they were desperate. The sofa is really comfortable and could probably fit two people on, although I have a spare bed I could set up too. The living room is certainly big enough for two or three people :D

Second Row, Seat 21. I've bought a ticket so I know I can get in. If I can't get down, It's an excelent seat and someone will pay alot of money on Ebay. Win Win :)

I'm kinda interested, but it's too far away for me, there's not enough planning time and they're still snubbing the awesome and underrated music of the Ace Attorney series. So, I'm not going. XD

The Newcastle Central Travelodge is literaly behind Newcastle's central station, which is just across the bridge and up the hill from the SAGE (I presume people will be coming on train), so it's easy to spot. It is currently a rather nifty

• Thumbs Up 1

Oh man, this looks awesome. It's such a shame it's mid term at uni and as far as I recall I have a full lecture day on Thursday, which I likely won't be able to miss. I'll email my lecturer and see what my timetable this year is, I MIGHT be able to wangle something. It's annoying as I know I have a half day Wednesday so going up isn't the issue. My uni is in Surrey and my uni house in Berkshire, so it's a heck of a journey that ideally needs planning beforehand. At least I am not home in November. It's even further from my actual house in Somerset - Now THERE's a heck of a journey if I ever saw one. :lol:

Still, makes a change for all you Northerners to get something exciting close to you for once. I hope you all enjoy it!

T-Bird:

Yeah I'd be heading the waterloo way. It's more or less, to Waterloo, across London with the underground then 2 more trains after that (2h 30 mins train, woo).

Sadly even if it was in London I can not come this year as I can nay get the time off work being too close to Christmas and I'm pulling all my strings to get another specific day off.

Shame cause I would have liked to have gone up that north for a visit.

• 1 month later...

Hi again. Alright, I've been looking over prices and I have a plan. Instead of a trip costing £100 by train, a coach will only cost £7 for a "Funfare" or £21 for a regular ticket. I'll choose a journy later on after I've sorted out the London MCM.

Well I'm going. Got my trains all sorted and my accomodation for the night booked. I'm looking forward to this... well provided that they do something a bit different this year, theres only so many times that the video game pianist's windows shut down gag can be funny...

All I need now is a date to go with! WOO! ... anyone?

I have my tickets, I've got my kitchen floor space for the night thanks to T-Bird (<3)... all I need to do is convince my new work that I can go to this thing and we're plain sailing. Me, Roareye and Jemnezmy are all being driven up there by Lee (you may have met him at SoS), who's also going with us. :3

I'll be the guy... actually, people seem to recognise me where I go in these things so I'll just shut up. :P

• 2 weeks later...

As much as I'd like to, I can't make it this time round.

College are messing me about with fees and so I have to watch what money I spend in case I have to pay more than the bank has lent me.

I would also have the problem of finding somewhere to stay as transport isn't in my favour, and try to get time off work.

Maybe next time.

• 4 weeks later...

Got my travel soreted, now I just need to book a place to stay. I checked out the Newcastle Central Travelodge, Looks good enough, it's also £30ish. I was wondering if anyone would would like to split a room?

I'm sure someone else here will be travelling a ways to get to Gateshead, hopefully you can shack up with.

Only two weeks left to go, how awesome!

I just went to VGL when it was in New York City. Best concert ever, I can say that much. More concerts need those visual elements and audience interactivity.