Awoo.

Video Games Live

T-Bird

Actually, when does this finish? If it's after 10pm I'll skip on drinks after, since I have a 9am-9pm day at Uni on Thurs ;)

But I'm free from 4pm in Newcastle until the show starts ^^

We'll likely be in the area about 5pm-6pm ish type thing, depending on when T-Bird wants to get a move on into town. I'm up for a hookup beforehand - although I don't know the area so you'll have to just agree on a place and have me nod my head or something.

I'm there from about 5pm onwards (Although I need to check into my room at somepoint) although a meetup before would be nice. If anyone with knowledge of the area would like to suggest a place then put an arrow on google maps where it is, I'd happily come join.

Edited by β∟۩∑F۝۞

I'm not much of a pubber/clubbber, so maybe T-Bird can suggest somewhere :P I've lived here six years, and I'll show you where you can find the 20% discount Burger King, but that's about it :D

I'll be there from around 12... so long as I get the train connection as it's a tight turn-around.

Don't mind having a beano before hand so long as we don't go marching around too much... I'll be tired!

I'm off on my Journy to Newcastle now but if anyone wants to suggest a place and time I'll attempt to check here in case anyone comes up with anything.

Guess who's just made it into the Hotel :D. I'm currently using a Internet cafe in the place and only have 20ish mins so I'm wondering if anyone has any good places to go beforehand, a 20% "discount Burger King" would suffice for now :P.

Anyway, I'm currently at the Albertross along Grainger Street. If anyone's nearby give me a shout, I'll be here for about an hour.

So what was it like you ask?

Really good. For some reason I enjoyed it a lot more than I did last year even though it was nearly the exact same show.

It was nice meeting people again, even if Roareye did try to make love to me and various other people at one stage... I like girls.

Anyway, I complimented Jo on her shoes as they were fab and for some reason I couldn't help but sing "I don't want to set the world on fire" whenever I saw the Fallout 3 cosplayers.

Although, next years VGL in London... yes London, Tommy and the other dude more or less confirmed that it would be in London next year, said that the show would be a lot different. He said that the music on offer would be Shadow of the Collosus and Silent Hill, and we begged him to include Earthworm Jim, to which he replied "It's coming! I just don't know when!"

A great night out.

"It was nice meeting people again, even if Roareye did try to make love to me and various other people at one stage..."

Yeah..that was...wierd when I saw that.

But VGL was amazing, I dunno if it was the first time I'd been, or the fact that I met a lot of people there. All in all it was a fantastic night and I'd do it again!

BRING ON VGL 2010!

Yeah, was an awesome night, and they brought back Sonic which I think was a wise move as we all cried this year. I got the first "whooo" in this year when Yuji Naka appeared on screen, so much awesome was had. I really liked the Metroid suite this year, I thought that was particularly well done - The lady Soprano for the Simfonia was particularly good on the solo in the God of War piece too.

As far as production and sound goes, this has been the best VGL so far, and it's always class to talk to Tommy and Jack after the concert. They were particularly amazed this was the fourth outing and even more impressed my space invaders shirt has survived!

Nice to see the die-hards out too; bravo to BlueFox for his massive trek! Was cool to see relatively local folks like Cass and Cap'n CloudChaser...and not to mention Blue_Blur and her folks too - hope you gave them a big hug for letting you drag them up here! Mini T also enjoyed meeting those there.

T

It was nice to see you guys and have a lengthy convo with you. I was suprised by the amount iof people who were there who I realised. Had fun trading Hair stories with T-Bird.

15570_219506813311_554203311_4188818_798299_n.jpg

Me in my Bandanna. Defo becoming a yearly event no matter how poor it's made me. (Although I blame Forbidden plannet for part of that)

For my first show, I almost literally cried at how amazing it was. Loved the whooping from the crazy people on the first row ;)

I didn't realise they hadn't included Sonic before, but was happy to see/hear it, obviously. The whole night was one of the best things I had ever experienced, and it's great to get a hobby validated like that. I've listened to video game music all my life, so it was nice to finally celebrate it.

Was nice seeing you all.. I'm definitely up for seconds, don't care where I go :D