Awoo.

Sonic World (PC Game)

GodRock95

Disclaimer: I am not advertising this game for any other reason than the fact that I enjoy this game and want other Sonic fans to know about it.

Hi Everyone! My name's GodRock. I'm new here. This is actually my first post to this forum; I thought I'd jump in by posting stuff to the community here.  

Has anyone heard of Sonic World?  I started playing this last year and it's pretty legit. It's a 3D-platform Sonic game, giving you and mass amount of characters to play. You can also choose up to three separate characters and play in a "Sonic Heroes" fashion. 

The best part of this entire game is that you can go to the creator's website (where you originally download the game) and download extra characters, stages, and more!

Go check it out if you like! Sorry if this is old news; I was very slow in finding new things on the internet haha.

https://sonicworldfangame.com/

sw-site-logo-dx.png?w=912

Oh, yeah! I remember this game!

... The game is extremely buggy and I don’t find it particularly fun to play

(Also, welcome to the forums! I hope you have a wonderful time here!)

Edited by Menace2Society
Didn’t want to derail the topic with that mention of the creator.

Thanks for the welcome!

Yeah it's still pretty buggy, but it's come a long way in the last year or so.  Regardless, my siblings and I have a blast playing together; we make up stupid challenges for each other to do (like playing the heaviest/slowest characters for the worst stages). lol 

I tried the game out for a time, and I don’t really like it 😅

The characters don’t control too well, and the stages, in my opinion, are really really poorly designed. There’s a good idea in there, but the execution of it is not for me.

Yeah, World is notorious for being... well it's a bit shit. It doesn't control well, it doesn't look very nice and the original level designs are absolutely awful.

It's a labour of love so I'm not going to tear it down like I would a bad official game, but the creator of the game is quite the egotistical cock, so I don't mind being a bit scathing. Meagre game made by a bad guy. No thanks.

Ozcrash isn't with the project anymore, if I recal correctly.

Otherwise, ditto. It's just kinda janky and feels like a Sonic game you'd see recreated in another game, like Roblox or Dreams.

3 hours ago, Shaddy Zaphod said:

Ozcrash isn't with the project anymore, if I recal correctly.

Otherwise, ditto. It's just kinda janky and feels like a Sonic game you'd see recreated in another game, like Roblox or Dreams.

It's good to hear that he isn't on the team any more. But yeah, it doesn't make the game any better...

I remember there were a bunch of really bad 2D Sonic fan games back in the early 2000s that I used to love, but they were just awful looking back on them. This was a particular favourite of mine:

World isn't all that different. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Well, you guys got your opinions, but I really enjoy Sonic World... Just in small doses though haha.  The reason for this post is just to alert any fans who've never heard of the game. However, I think a lot of people have probably heard of it by now.  

You never know if there's a die hard who wishes they could play Big the Cat in Final Rush 🤣

Sonic World isn't very good, but it does have the gimmick of virtually every character playable in a 3D space.

No other Sonic fan game, or official game, has that.

• Thumbs Up 1

So much stuff in Sonic World doesn't seem to work right or feels janky, I think the best example of how bad some of even the basic mechanics aren't well implemented is the mach speed sections, which seem to bug out when you do...anything. Worst Cave is aptly named.

I honestly do want to like the game, but I think they should have put a lot more work into even the basic movement before not only making a ton of levels but adding a bunch of characters. They follow Heroes logic at least, characters of similar types mostly have the same movesets, so I assume that hasn't been as big of a distraction as it could have been...but the priorities still feel off here? Eh.