Awoo.

Terminator: Resistance (PS4, XBox One, PC, November 15/December 3 2019) "You are marked for termination."

Teoskaven

https://gematsu.com/2019/09/terminator-resistance-announced-for-ps4-xbox-one-and-pc

The last major Terminator console game was a lousy adaptation of Salvation courtesy of studio GRIN, and believe me if i say it sucked hard. Genysis had a mobile companion title, but i know almost nothing of it, so this is the first major return to traditional gaming the franchise is having, being an FPS set a couple of decades after Judgment Day, in the middle of the Skynet wars. Sounds promising, right?

Well, hold your machine horses, because this is made by the same polish dev team who made Rambo: The Videogame. You know, this thing:

The devs are claiming this new Terminator game has been 6 years in development but considering they just announced it out of nowhere with a release window of less than 2 months for Europe (and slightly more for America, for some reason), i'm not optimistic at all.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SgtBloxx

• Badnik Mechanic

• Jovahexeon Jax Joranvexeon

• Tarnish

Why does this remind me of Aliens: Colonial Marines?

The fact it's being made by the devs who made that shitty Rambo game is already bad enough, why did they did have to remind me of that game???

Ah, whatever. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and hope they atleast improved since. 6 years of development is quite a long time after all.

The video game industry is kinda like a Terminator: "It can't be bargained with, it can't be reasoned with, it doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear, and it absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are dead." Well, maybe not the dead part, but it won't stop until you are sick of pointless sequels of once popular franchises that long overstayed their welcome.

On 9/19/2019 at 6:38 PM, Teoskaven said:

The devs are claiming this new Terminator game has been 6 years in development but considering they just announced it out of nowhere with a release window of less than 2 months for Europe (and slightly more for America, for some reason), i'm not optimistic at all.

They're not technically lying.

They announced both Terminator and Rambo at the same time, you can find evidence of this still online in places as well as their facebook.

But I can actually remember seeing it, originally the game was entitled "Terminators" and it was due to release on the PS3 and Xbox 360. 

... ... So yeah, confidence levels should be extremely low for this.

43 minutes ago, Badnik Mechanic said:

They're not technically lying.

They announced both Terminator and Rambo at the same time, you can find evidence of this still online in places as well as their facebook.

But I can actually remember seeing it, originally the game was entitled "Terminators" and it was due to release on the PS3 and Xbox 360. 

... ... So yeah, confidence levels should be extremely low for this.

Oh boy. Pity ports, my favorite. And not even the good kind. This reeks of cheapness factor.

I don't know about you, but the reveal trailer is giving me some vibes that I got from watching Homefront: Revolution (and it's a God awful game). Considering that and the company's terrible reputation, I doubt I will be giving this game a chance at all.

• 1 month later...