Awoo.

Tekken Movie

turbojet

In the year of 2039, after World Wars destroy much of civilization as we know it, the remaining territories are no longer run by governments, but by corporations the mightiest of which is the Mishima Corporation. In order to keep the masses down, Mishima Corporation sponsors the King of Iron Fist Tournament in which fighters compete to the death for ultimate glory and receive a lifetime of stardom and wealth. We are introduced to this violent world through the eyes of Jin Kazama, a street fighter that enters the tournament in order to avenge the death of his mother that he blames upon Tekken's powerful and controlling chairman – Heihachi Mishima. He knows that the only way to get close enough to Mishima to kill him is to win the tournament, but in doing so, he begins to uncover his own past and inner demons as well as exposing a dark underbelly to Tekken that threatens the very existence of humanity.

As an Martial Arts enthusiast, I'm personally looking forward to this for 2 reason and for 2 reason only:Jon Foo and Lateef Chowder.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mollfie

• turbojet

• Brainfog

• Scorch

Top Posters In This Topic

As long as it isn't a live action movie, I'm all for it.

Sadly it is. But it the great thing is that they actually got guys that look like the characters,have specialize in their styles, and are notable martial artists. Eddy Gordo is being played by Lateef Chowder. Just youtube him and you will see that he looks exactly like Gordo. Plus they said the movie will have heavy usage of CGI which will be awesome.

As long as they look like the right nationalities, look like the characters and can actually do the moves then that's fantastic! Although Cung Le is not hot enough to be Marshall Law ;_;

Tekken<3

This is a movie I do want to see. Tekken rules! I have many of the Tekken games. When I see those cutscenes, I think to myself and say that would be really cool if that was made into a movie. They should make it a CGI movie instead of a live action movie, in my opinion.

Jon Foo looks alright as an actor...he can surely do awesuhum stunts. I may want to watch this movie. I think it's going to look better than that Street Fighter one IMO. ^.^

This is a movie I do want to see. Tekken rules! I have many of the Tekken games. When I see those cutscenes, I think to myself and say that would be really cool if that was made into a movie. They should make it a CGI movie instead of a live action movie, in my opinion.

I dunno...CGI would be cool but it might just seem like you're watching the game really. I love Tekken though, played all the 'proper' games not the spin-offs.

Anyone seen the 1998 film? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tekken:_The_Motion_Picture

Some early photo's from the set of the movie here. They look the part at least. And I like those stage pictures.

Also, Jon Foo as Jin Kazama? Might be a http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eo8HVJ5vNJI. He at least knows how to fight (on screen).

I've been following Jon Foo's career for awhile. He reminds me of a young Jet Li. But since we are talking about the single martial artists in the film, here is a few.

Nathan Jones-Marduk

Let me just tell you that there are alot of capable Martial Artists in the film. They probably won't need wire-fu[i hate this shit]. As for Jon Foo being Jin Kazama...lets just say that they changed up his hair and he looks like a less built carbon copy.:)

*Moo*

What was that? Oh, it was the sound of Namco milking the Cash Cow.

Nevermind, I may actually see this. IF we get King.

And Tekken 4 style Yoshimitsu.

And True Ogre.

And free secks during the film.

Hmm - seems interesting.

I'm not a fan of Tekken, and the vast majority of Video game-based movies (especially live action ones) turn out to be tripe.

But I am a Martial Arts fan and possibly the only video game-based movie I think is truly good was the first Mortal Kombat movie - and that was also based on a tournament fighting game. So it's possible this could turn out to be good.

I have the VHS cassette. I think it sucks, though. Not even the fighting scenes were fun to look at.

I know lol, got to love old 90's films n__n

I know lol, got to love old 90's films n__n

The Dutch edition is double bad. It's got the English ADV dub (which is terrible), but the Dutch subtitles are translated from the Japanese audio track. And ADV had a big tendency back then to be quite liberal with the dub, so I wound up with subs under silence, and stuff that made no sense at all. :lol:

As for the new movie, I'm glad to see they've got people that know the moves. But can they act?

As for the new movie, I'm glad to see they've got people that know the moves. But can they act?

:mellow: Good question. I remember the most annoying thing in Bruce Lee's Way of the Dragon was the poor acting.

Martial arts films often have bad acting, usually because it's about the stunts and the martial arts, and so there's less focus on the story because that's really only there so they have an excuse lol, so the acting is often no focused on much either. Can you do awesome martial arts? Yes? You're hired! Can't act? No one will care. lol

I have the VHS cassette. I think it sucks, though. Not even the fighting scenes were fun to look at.

I saw that movie again for the second time in at least ten years, and I liked it. The only real problem I had with it is the fact that the fight scenes were a bit too short, and the constant mispronunciation of Kazuya's name. Everyone but Heihachi kept pronouncing his name as "Kah-zee-uh" (even though it was erroneously pronounced that way in the first Tekken, but still). Jin's name was also pronounced wrong at the end of the film.