Awoo.

Charmy hasn't been playable in 16 years

batson

Charmy hasn't been playable in 16 years. Not in a spin-off, not in anything.

We all have our favorite characters and we all wish that they would make more frequent playable appearances. But I think we must all agree that the fans with the worst luck are Charmy fans.

16 YEARS. A baby born on the same year Charmy was last playable might have already lost his virginity. God damn...

16, 16, 16....hmm?

Clearly the time to strike is hot, now they can make him playable again in reference to his original age.

But I'm sure you meant 15 years.

You forgot IOS games. You know, Runners, Dash, Speed Battle.

But overall he suffers for being least important member of least important team of Recurring Cast. Cream has close connection to Amy and used to be big-ish, Big has memetic popularity and seniority over most characters, while Omega is connected to very popular Shadow. Also, his design is problematic. While Big is too fat and slow, Charmy is tiny and constantly flies. That makes him slightly harder to implement than Blaze or Espio. (And  then there is the fact he's just one of least popular characters. Sorry kid, you know it's true.)

It's not like he's always last used. He appeared early in IDW, was part of Resistance in Forces and appeared in Generation, when Babylon Rouges or Big did not. Still, those are minor roles and usually shared with Vector and Espio. And all I can say is "sorry dude, but someone has to be last".

Yeah, he's had it pretty bad.

Unfortunately,  that's a price to pay for being one of the less developed and/or notable characters, I suppose.

37 minutes ago, batson said:

16 YEARS. A baby born on the same year Charmy was last playable might have already lost his virginity. God damn...

Da foq? 🤯

1 hour ago, DabigRG said:

Unfortunately,  that's a price to pay for being one of the less developed and/or notable characters, I suppose.

Ironic too since he debuted at the exact same time as Amy who's a main.

Just now, MainJP said:

Ironic too since he debuted at the exact same time as Amy who's a main.

I guess a little hyper yellow Bee just isn't as iconic as a lovesick pink hedgehog girl.

3 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

I guess a little hyper yellow Bee just isn't as iconic as a lovesick pink hedgehog girl.

I wonder if it would've helped at all to just not make him hyper in Heroes. He wasn't hyper in the manga or in the Chaotix manual's description of his character.

Just now, MainJP said:

I wonder if it would've helped at all to just not make him hyper in Heroes. He wasn't hyper in the manga or in the Chaotix manual's description of his character.

Eh, probably not?

This topic reminds me of how Charmy was written out of the Archieverse Chaotix for six years.

7 hours ago, MainJP said:

I personally don't like this idea.  The Chaotix are such great characters because their personalities play off each other so well.  If Charmy wasn't the hyperactive little nutcase who zoomed headfirst into trouble, what would contrast him with his more level-headed partners?

Makes me think of when fans suggest that Mighty should have come back in Heroes instead of Charmy.  Pacifistic, easy going Mighty, along with calm, focused ninja dude Espio and slighty goofy yet good hearted detective Vector.  Vector and two Espios, pretty much.

Mostly I'm biased because I liked Fleetway Charmy, who was a scatterbrained weirdo who spoke in random strings of syllables, and in Heroes SEGA Charmy turned out to be exactly like that.

charmway.thumb.jpg.013292a55a806dcb28b33dbe7faf34bd.jpg

• Thumbs Up 2