Awoo.

My Hero One's Justice 2 - PS4, PC, Switch, Xbox One - (2020) - PLUS ULTRA!!!

Ryannumber1gamer

An unexpected announcement, My Hero One's Justice seems to have done well enough in order to gain a sequel. Releasing on PS4, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch in 2020, My Hero One's Justice 2 will be going past where the original game left after the All for One saga, and seems to be tackling My Hero Academia's biggest arc to date - the Overhaul saga. This likely means we'll be seeing the Hero Licensing arc, Bakugo VS Deku Round 2, and the rest of Season 3 squeezed in, similar to how the original game handled the UA Sports Festival, and Stain.

In terms of new characters, it looks like the original roster is being retained, plus a ton more are being added. From the trailer alone, we've got...

Returning: 

• Deku
  • Bakugo
  • Todoroki
  • Uraraka
  • Tsuyu
  • Kirishima
  • Endeavour (DLC in the original)
  • Yorarashi (DLC in the original)
  • Dabi
  • Iida
  • Kaminari 
  • Tokoyami
  • Jiro 
  • Yaoyorozu
  • Shigaraki
  • Toga
  • All for One
  • All Might 
  • Gran Torino 

New:  

• Lemillion
  • Overhaul
  • Suneater
  • Nejire-Chan
  • Ashido
  • Mineta

Not confirmed to be returning as of yet: Muscular, Eraserhead, and Stain. But it's heavily likely all of the first game's cast is making a return, so it's only a matter of time til they're announced I believe.

I really hope they improve a lot of the game this time around since it looked like the first game did good enough to warrant a sequel. MHA is one of the best manga/anime going at the minute, and it deserves better than the relatively budget experience the first game provided. The basis was there for a good brawler arena game, but held back a lot of flaws. I hope they improve the combat, do an English dub this time around (why the hell did the original not have this?), and improve story mode beyond just manga panels styled cutscenes. Here's hoping we see more improvements as more footage releases.

Speaking of which, we've also got a 15 minute clip of gameplay: 

• Thumbs Up 1

Huh, I’m surprised a topic on the game wasn’t made earlier... Better late than never, Ryan?

The game is largely the same as the first, albeit with minor gameplay changes, so I can’t say I’m too interested, despite my curiosity.

Something that I have found, though, is that Shoot Style Deku, a free DLC from the original game, replaces Izuku Midoriya’s standard moveset, obviously to reflect his new fighting style. And on that note, his original moveset still exists as a separate character, but no name has been given for it yet. Tomura Shigaraki also has a completely new moveset that, surprisingly, takes a lot of influence from a future arc in the manga that very recently finished; a story arc that season 4 of the series can’t cover as it’s too far ahead (but with nothing too drastic of a change from this point in time of the story)! His original moveset is still available as a separate character, though. And just my prediction, but characters like Bakugo and Kirishima will have new moves in their arsenal to reflect some new abilities they’ve learnt.

Key visual:

Spoiler

npw2o4wl4cq31.jpg

Character roster (as of NYCC):

Spoiler

5h5yq2v5acq31.jpg

• Thumbs Up 2

At the very least, it's nice to see them including all of the original's roster. Plus, it looks like there's gonna be a lot of slots for new characters. I could see them adding a few more Pro Heroes to the mix, along with Overhaul's goons from his arc.

Right now, I really wanna see them present some more customization options. Give us full costumes for the characters instead of a set of customization parts. Off the top of my head, you could have their casual wear outfits, Deku and co's disguises from their attempt rescue of Bakugo, the UA Cheerleader outfits from the Sports Festival arc, their training outfits. Hell, give All Might all of his costumes from the golden age, silver age and so on. The original was fine, but I really want more.

Also, gonna call it, there's gonna be a bonus arc based on the School Festival where Deku has to go up against Gentle Criminal. I could see him being one of the fighters.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm honestly just hoping for the English VAs to be involved this time around. I know it's unlikely due to cost but it is really the one thing I'm looking for at this point.

You'd think with how popular MHA is they'd want to invest in things like that for the west but with the first game not really doing well and not even having it there... yeah.

• Thumbs Up 2

15 minutes ago, Strickerx5 said:

I'm honestly just hoping for the English VAs to be involved this time around. I know it's unlikely due to cost but it is really the one thing I'm looking for at this point.

You'd think with how popular MHA is they'd want to invest in things like that in the west but with the first game not really doing well and not even having it there... yeah.

Thing is do arena fighters have to do well to keep being made? Not sure how much they cost as say if the made a MHA game like Fighter Z. Do they see it as easy cash to make a bigger MHA game?

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

This is surprising - the new update added English voice acting.

If i had been told 10 years ago that Bamco would have not only started localizing more licensed anime games aside DBZ and Naruto but would have actually patched in english VO in a game that didn't had it by popular demand i would called the questioner crazy. How much a company can change in time.