Awoo.

PlayStation 5 Official Topic - Coming November 2020

TheOcelot

In some cases, not all of them. I'm going fully digital all things considered, I know for a fact that I'm gonna save a bunch. Taxes and shit are hell down here, you have no idea. Physical games are way, like waaaay, more expensive. If you already find a 10 bucks difference ridiculous, you ain't seen nothing. But hey, that's just my case. You do you ;)

Lol well I wouldn’t expect a reasonable consumer friendly price going by this. It sounds like someone let cocky PS3 era Sony back out 

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2020-06-14-playstation-ceo-says-its-emphasising-value-as-opposed-to-price-when-it-comes-to-pricing-the-ps5

“PlayStation CEO Jim Ryan told BBC Click (thanks, Comic Book) when asked if it was prudent to release a next-gen machine in a time of unprecedented economic uncertainty. "But I think this will sharpen our need to ensure that we focus on getting the value equation right. And I emphasise value as opposed to price”

My god Sony, this is literally just "I want the PlayStation 3 to be something I stay overtime at work for, something that I will use every day for years upon years" bullshit.

Edit: Actually, someone pointed out on the PS5 reddit that this comment was taken out of context and is in regards to releasing a product in the middle of the virus outbreak, not an actual determination of price point.

I’d still say deciding to say this now after having chickened out of showing a price to go with your reveal, and seemingly dodging any and all questions regarding it, probably isn’t a good, or smart, move on their end. Say stuff like this AFTER you’ve made it clear your price. Cause it comes off pointless to bring up price when we the consumer don’t know what it is, and just asks to be taken the wrong way 

• Thumbs Up 1

Production costs come out to about 450. It'll be 500. Maybe less if they want to undercut Microsoft, but I'm not sure if they'll feel the need to do that considering the momentum they have going into this generation. 

• 2 months later...

This is neat and all, but I really just want to see release details and all that. It's insane to me that we've got the first advertisement (global advertisement - as in shown on TV all over the planet) and yet we have no information on release window, let alone date - pricing, pre orders, and so on so forth. I understand both Sony and Microsoft want the other to play their hand so they can one up them, but this game of chicken between both is beginning to become immensely tedious and frustrating.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

Seems like we might finally be seeing info soon. Sony's been making a ton of moves over the last few days. These all come from Reddit, so obviously you might wanna take these all with grains of salt.

• They've been updating their channels on YouTube with PS5 banners
  • Ads are now being made for the PS5
  • Apparently Amazon UK accidentally posted the release date for a small period of time, according to an Imgur screenshot on Reddit (23rd November 2020) - take with a grain of salt, this can be faked.
  • September 9th is the multiplayer reveal of Black Ops Cold War
  • September 9th is also the anniversary of PS1's US launch
  • Sony have been sending out promotional emails advertising the PS5 (multiple in the past few weeks).
  • Sony have been offering users the chance to pre-register for the chance to pre-order a PS5 directly from Sony (US and Canada only)
  • PlayStation's PS5 Playlist apparently got updated with a few private videos a few days ago.

Again, I need to stress this - aside from the promotional emails, banners on YT channels, and the pre-register thing - which I can confirm is 100% real, it's best to take all of this with a grain of salt. That said, considering it's a forgone conclusion the consoles will likely release in November, it would be best to expect info soon, either this month or October.

Wasn't there something related to a Fortnite bundle (with the Joker) that kinda confirmed a november release window for the PS5? They said that this bundle would be releasing on the 17th for the current platforms and in time for the next gen platforms. But of course "in time" doesn't objectively means "at the same time". Grains of salt here aswell.

https://www.epicgames.com/fortnite/en-US/news/stop-the-presses-the-last-laugh-bundle-brings-the-joker-poison-ivy-and-more-to-fortnite

The prices for the Series X has apparently leaked. $299 for the Series S, $499 for the Series X.

While we still need confirmation from Microsoft, it seems like this one is real and apparently comes from a leaked video ad.

With Microsoft’s hand revealed, its time to see if PS5 is the same or less. I have my doubts it’ll be any more.

I’m hearing Sony is gonna have a big PlayStation announcement tomorrow. Yeah go figures if true. They were clearly waiting out Microsoft 

PS5 games have started coming up on Amazon UK for pre-order.

On top of that, some games might be farther along in development than we thought. Box-art for Sackboy, Destruction All-Stars, Gran Turismo 7, and Demon Souls have popped up.

Sony are doing another game showcase for the PS4 this Wednesday (September 16th) at 9pm BST/4pm EST. 

As usual, Motobug will be streaming it for SSMB users who wanna watch it live together.

Here's the confirmed PS Plus Collection games at launch. PS Plus Collection comes with your PS Plus subscription.

• God of War (2018)
  • Bloodborne
  • Monster Hunter World
  • Final Fantasy XV
  • Fallout 4
  • Mortal Kombat X
  • Uncharted 4: A Thief's End
  • Ratchet & Clank (2016)
  • Days Gone
  • Until Dawn
  • Detroit: Become Human
  • Battlefield 1
  • Infamous: Second Son
  • Batman: Arkham Knight
  • The Last Guardian
  • The Last of Us: Remastered
  • Persona 5
  • Resident Evil 7: Biohazard

That's a total of 18 PS4 games available at launch. Given that's the case, these might be boost-mode enabled too (Allowing for higher resolutions and higher FPS)

That’s a pretty sweet deal for PS Plus Subscribers... is it only for PS5 though or can I get these on my PS4? There’s a few there I still don’t own 🤣 

I’m rather intrigued to see how they tackle the PS Plus monthly games when PS5 launches too, if it continues at all. Will we get a barrage of games like the last cross generation... or will it continue on the path of 2 Games?

Speaking of the price point, I’m not too surprised. To expensive for me personally but I get the cost. Personally I think Microsoft have been smarter with their approach in console prices and plans - but there ain’t any exclusive games on their system I really want.

Speaking of executives... the final nail in the coffin for me was Sony Announcing Spider Man, Sackboy and Horizon 2 also coming to PS4.

Now, there are a load of other PS5 titles I’m interested in, but they are also coming to PS4 so really it was these three games keeping me interested in doing an eventual purchase next year. 

Not anymore.

In a way I’m be thankful to Sony for saving me money here, I’ll pick up a PS5 And upgrade these games for free when it’s much cheaper (unless there is an expiry on upgrades, because of course there will be).

If I’m honest apart from there being no exclusives I want attached to the PS5 (at the moment), overall next gen hasn’t wow’d me enough right now, the amount of reveals so far only seem on surface level to look marginally better if not the same as late current gen titles. It’s always the way though, I’ll give it a few years 🙂

19 hours ago, Son-icka said:

That’s a pretty sweet deal for PS Plus Subscribers... is it only for PS5 though or can I get these on my PS4? There’s a few there I still don’t own 🤣 

It's exclusive to PS5 at the moment, from what I understand.

9 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

It's exclusive to PS5 at the moment, from what I understand.

That’s fair enough, I figured this is probably will be the case to be honest. I was just being flippant as it is becoming quite tricky to read the blurry lines of what is and isn’t exclusive to who, where, what, why and how as of late. 

Color me not impressed so far. Never been a fan of buying out console exclusivity (FF XVI), most of the games I care about are also on ps4, and the whole pre-order thing was a disaster. It will be worth it in a few years when they’re more games I can’t just play on windows or ps4

Man, Sony revealed the price for Brazil and damn. It's not as bad as I thought it would be, but it's still fucking expensive as hell. The disc version will be 5.000,00 BRL, or around $960 dollars. The digital version is 4.500,00 BRL, which is just a riddiculous conversion, it should've been much cheaper...

Grey market it is.

• My Emmerdoods 1

• 1 month later...

Seems like there’ll be in-game rewards for getting trophies in some games on the PS5

Reminds me kinda of avatar awards on the 360. 

Damn I was expecting it to bomb at full price then go to PS+, pre-order numbers must have been dire to be making the change. Wonder if the next gen price hike will be a disaster for everyything that isn't established already.

Two additional titles have been added to the PS Plus Collection - Crash Bandicoot: N Sane Trilogy, and Black Ops 3 Zombie Chronicles edition.