Big Panda

If you were in charge of the Sonic franchise

5 hours ago, Splash the Otter said:

I don't care whose fault it is.

Then you’re admitting you’re being unreasonable on purpose.

The Freedom Fighters would do nothing but remind me of what I lost, so I'm not allowing them in my ideal universe.

You think you’re the only one who lost your favorite characters before the Archie Reboot? Dude, you need a reality check.

You’re not the only one who misses the Archie of old. I’m never going to see the likes of Mina, Beauregard, or Lien-Da, or much of the Secret Freedom Fighters like Shard, and plenty of people will never see the likes of Finitivus or Scourge. But you don’t see those people throwing the Freedom Fighters under the bus as a scapegoat like it was their fault, because you know full and well that was the cause Penders, who you should be blaming for that.

If the Freedom Fighters reminds you of that lost, then frankly dude, you need a change of perspective.

1 hour ago, Conquering Storm’s Servant said:

You think you’re the only one who lost your favorite characters before the Archie Reboot? Dude, you need a reality check.

You’re not the only one who misses the Archie of old. I’m never going to see the likes of Mina, Beauregard, or Lien-Da, or much of the Secret Freedom Fighters like Shard, and plenty of people will never see the likes of Finitivus or Scourge. But you don’t see those people throwing the Freedom Fighters under the bus as a scapegoat like it was their fault, because you know full and well that was the cause Penders, who you should be blaming for that.

If the Freedom Fighters reminds you of that lost, then frankly dude, you need a change of perspective.

This person is talking about what they'd want out of their own, personal vision for Sonic and its universe. While the feelings he has when he thinks of the Freedom Fighters may seem illogical and unfair, I also don't think it's fair to tell someone that they need to change their perspective on something. There's not a whole lot anyone can do, least of all him, if seeing the Freedom Fighters is the trigger than reminds him of that stuff.

Perhaps if he was arguing that no one else should want them around in the games and trying to assert that as a more factual concept than a personal one, I'd understand responding like this. However, the thing that initiated this back and forth was just him saying he wouldn't put them in if he were in charge and giving his reason as to why. 

I'm not saying I agree with the reason he gave nor am I telling you not to engage with his statement at all but this response is almost coming off like you're trying to force the guy to change his mind about the way he feels about them. 

We're all talking about hypothetical situations. Whether he changes his perspective or not, nothing's going to change. 

6 minutes ago, Dr. Franken-Mike said:

This person is talking about what they'd want out of their own, personal vision for Sonic and its universe.

I know, and I have no problem with them keeping the Freedom Fighters out of it out of personal taste.

My whole focus was faulting them for the loss of other characters—that’s like blaming Shadow for Cream or Blaze not appearing in Boom.

That’s literally it.

1 hour ago, Conquering Storm’s Servant said:

I know, and I have no problem with them keeping the Freedom Fighters out of it out of personal taste.

My whole focus was faulting them for the loss of other characters—that’s like blaming Shadow for Cream or Blaze not appearing in Boom.

Sure. I get that and that's fine.

It's just a little worrisome when I hear stuff like "you need to change your perspective". I've been told that before and the urge to shout the meanest things I could think of at the person who said it was hard to hold myself back from doing. I'm all for having a discussion but the instant someone tells me how I should feel about something, I get a little hot and bothered.

Illogical as that rational he has is, I do kind of understand it because I once had thoughts and feelings like that before too. I used to blame Blaze and Cream for the Chaotix and Omega not appearing in stuff. Now we live in a time where Cream barely shows up and Blaze appears about as much as everyone else. I can't help but think of my younger self as a bit of an idiot for thinking and feeling that way. The change happened when I naturally picked up a new outlook on things and realized I wasn't being fair. 

36 minutes ago, Dr. Franken-Mike said:

Sure. I get that and that's fine.

It's just a little worrisome when I hear stuff like "you need to change your perspective". I've been told that before and the urge to shout the meanest things I could think of at the person who said it was hard to hold myself back from doing. I'm all for having a discussion but the instant someone tells me how I should feel about something, I get a little hot and bothered.

Illogical as that rational he has is, I do kind of understand it because I once had thoughts and feelings like that before too. I used to blame Blaze and Cream for the Chaotix and Omega not appearing in stuff. Now we live in a time where Cream barely shows up and Blaze appears about as much as everyone else. I can't help but think of my younger self as a bit of an idiot for thinking and feeling that way. The change happened when I naturally picked up a new outlook on things and realized I wasn't being fair. 

Perhaps I was a bit too blunt, but at the same time I’m just not someone that tolerates scapegoating. Like, at all.

And I can say that’s a quirk of mine that’s been around for as long as I’ve been on this boards before Sonic 06 where this mentality surged.

Either way, I’m not trying to force anyone to like the characters—if you’re gonna hate something, do it accurately at least. :lol: 

34 minutes ago, Conquering Storm’s Servant said:

...if you’re gonna hate something, do it accurately at least. :lol: 

I love this.

I can't even remember how many times I've thought this at people with faulty arguments.

It's so nice to see someone actually say it.

If I was in charge I would make games deeper on lore, but on very basic level.

Like, imagine going through Ancient Ruin Zone. Been then, done that, right? But now imagine this place was clearly build by Babylonians or Dark Arms. Suddenly it's cool throwback and it costs no money. Heck, artist have easier job, they don't need to invent that much new designs.

I use to think that ideal solution would be if whole Lore was well planned years in advance and just build on in later games. But now I learn that there is much better answer. COW TOOLS

On 10/28/2019 at 12:33 AM, Conquering Storm’s Servant said:

How about you stop telling me what to do? And I am NOT being unreasonable! I have a perfectly valid reason for keeping the Freedom Fighters out of my vision for Sonic and you know it!

12 hours ago, Splash the Otter said:

How about you stop telling me what to do?

Make more sense and I will.

And I am NOT being unreasonable! I have a perfectly valid reason for keeping the Freedom Fighters out of my vision for Sonic and you know it!

Yes you are. And no, what you told me isn’t a valid reason. That’s scapegoating, plain and simple.