Sign in to follow this  
lulzers

What other properties would you want IDW to make comics of?

IDW is known for their excellent comic books based on franchises like Transformers, Ninja Turtles, My Little Pony and Sonic the Hedgehog, what other IPs do you want to see them tackle next?

Personally, I'd love to see a Digimon comic from them. Wouldn't be the first time they did comics for anime. They made a comic for Yo-Kai Watch.

Digimon, Biker Mice From Mars, Puyo Puyo/Madou Monogatari, a second Sonic comic under their main label rather than the kids one, Klonoa, Sly Cooper, Ratchet and Clank, Jak and Daxter.

21 minutes ago, Miragnarok said:

Digimon, Biker Mice From Mars, Puyo Puyo/Madou Monogatari, a second Sonic comic under their main label rather than the kids one, Klonoa, Sly Cooper, Ratchet and Clank, Jak and Daxter.

What do you think a Digimon comic by IDW would be like?

26 minutes ago, Forgetful Panda said:

For what purpose?

Acknowledging more aspects of the franchise and slightly more mature themes, and being even less bound by the games. I'd also imagine the Digimon comic to take and re-interpret all the different anime together.

3 hours ago, Miragnarok said:

Acknowledging more aspects of the franchise and slightly more mature themes, and being even less bound by the games.

Sonic is not under a kids' imprint with IDW though. There's nothing about Sonic that inherently needs to be seen as "mature" because it's not what the franchise is and it wouldn't actually achieve anything that the current series doesn't already do.

Honestly, I can't think of anything I'm chomping at the bit for IDW to take on. I remember when they announced a massive license for Cartoon Network properties, Generator Rex was among them but a book never materialized, so I supposed I'd want to see that, but I kind of expect it to sink like a rock at this point because the series is old, inactive, and CN killed it even before it finished its run on TV anyway. I'm just not optimistic that anything they do is necessarily going to hit TMNT status of being super popular when I could easily look at what happened to Godzilla and how that seems to be dead in the water for them now.

Mega Man, Archie's content to leave it literally dead in the water during a resurgence of Mega Man that's got new buzz floating around him. Frankly, Archie don't deserve the license for how badly they botched and mistreated it, and I'd rather IDW got it so it could possibly see a revival, a proper set of reprints, and some respect.

(also a third sonic/mega man crossover that doesn't suck would be swell).