Awoo.

New remixes by Tee Lopes

TheOcelot

9 minutes ago, TheOcelot said:

Here's the fourth (and final) remix by Tee & Jun:

That's rather deep cut, isn't it?

7 minutes ago, StaticMania said:

The style is reminding me of Heroes...

I'm hearing cues similar to Final Egg, Ocean Palace, and Vela Nova.

Haven't heard it yet, but reading one of my favorite tunes from the GG era remixed in the style of Sonic Heroes is making my heart race. I gotta listen to it NOW.

The Underground Zone was my first ever experience with a Sonic game, so it's a nice surprise hearing it getting some love! While I was never a big fan of the zone itself (I couldn't get past Act 3 and six year old me wondered why Sonic was in a slow minecart), I've always loved the music. The 8-bit Sonic games are underated in general, and if they ever do another Sonic Mania or Generations style revist of the classic games, I'd love to see more of this*!

*Of course, I'd always settle for new content, too ;)

That was the best one. Mania aside, I never expected Sega to acknowledge the Master System games again.

• Thumbs Up 1

The Master System remix is awesome, wow.

It's nice that they revisited some less popular tracks rather than Green Hill and Chemical Plant once again... I hope they continue with this in the future because they sound great, and especially some Sonic games never get the love they deserve and this is a good way to give them some.

There are many other songs that I'd like to hear remixed like that (8 bit and Advance games).

The Sonic 4 one is cool but it feels a bit repetitive and loop-y... I know it was this way in the original game, but maybe they could have reimagined it to be more consistent and to mesh better with the different acts... but it's still not a big issue.

Good ol' Egg AntLion. Bane of many existences.

Now there is a trip down memory lane I didn't see coming.

On 1/17/2020 at 5:39 AM, Sega DogTagz said:

Good ol' Egg AntLion. Bane of many existences.

Now there is a trip down memory lane I didn't see coming.

The Master System version of the fight wasn't that bad. It was the Game Gear version that caused the ragequits. 

1 hour ago, HywelAtTheMoon said:

The Master System version of the fight wasn't that bad. It was the Game Gear version that caused the ragequits. 

Yeah. The Game Gear version is badly cropped, and unlike the Sonic 1 port, they made little effort to re balance the game to compromise, making an ordinary tame opening boss barely winnable. I was fortunate enough to have the Master System version as a kid, but I still couldn't get past act 3 because I didn't realise you could make Sonic break walls by rolling and couldn't even reach the antlion (like I said in the last post, I was six). I always had more luck playing 8-bit Sonic 1 instead, which was what actually got me into the games. Not sure I'd still be here if my only experience with the franchise was SMS Sonic 2, but I have fond memories of it all the same.

12 hours ago, Little T said:

Yeah. The Game Gear version is badly cropped, and unlike the Sonic 1 port, they made little effort to re balance the game to compromise, making an ordinary tame opening boss barely winnable. I was fortunate enough to have the Master System version as a kid, but I still couldn't get past act 3 because I didn't realise you could make Sonic break walls by rolling and couldn't even reach the antlion (like I said in the last post, I was six). I always had more luck playing 8-bit Sonic 1 instead, which was what actually got me into the games. Not sure I'd still be here if my only experience with the franchise was SMS Sonic 2, but I have fond memories of it all the same.

It's incredible how much a little gameplay thing in a game can change the life of a person. Game design is really interesting.

Sonic 1 SMS is one of my favorite Sonic games, it had a couple of issues too but it's overall a great game despite it being 8 bit and not having many of the features the main Sonic games have. Also my first Sonic game as well.

• Thumbs Up 1