Awoo.

New remixes by Tee Lopes

TheOcelot

This is yet another remix-collaboration between Tee & Jun. This time it's Station Square from Sonic Adventure.

Sounds pretty rad.

Wonder what other Tee Lopes remixes we'll be getting (we know he's doing four in total)?

inb4 we're totally getting an Adventure remake ;)

• Thumbs Up 7
  • Promotion 1

That was...alright. I think the problems I have with it stem from the original track as opposed to anything the remix added. It's great for an overworld theme, not so much as a standalone piece. 

• Thumbs Up 2

I liked it alright but the horns or whatever were throwing me off a bit.  I liked how it got all beat boxxy in the middle though.

1 minute ago, Dr Ryan said:

Blatantly a SA remake on the way. Why else do this?

For fun?

If the other 3 of the 4 remixes they mentioned are also of SA music you might have some slight evidence in favor of a remake happening but just one song doesn't have to mean anything.

• Thumbs Up 4

1 minute ago, Diogenes said:

For fun?

If the other 3 of the 4 remixes they mentioned are also of SA music you might have some slight evidence in favor of a remake happening but just one song doesn't have to mean anything.

Yeah, fair point. But I'm certain they will all be from SA1 and possibly 2 and lead to a remake. We shall see!

Anyway, this remix is fine enough. Not Tee and Jun's best, but I think it's groovy enough and it picks up nicely towards the end. Way too energetic to be a hub theme though, which is why I don't see this being as fanciful as an SA remake soundtrack snippet. 

• Chuckle 1

Yeah, it is sort of missing that almost meditative feeling that comes with it being more of a piece meant for a hub area. This feels more like a stage theme.

I was thinking these might be remixes for the 2020 Olympic game's dream events or whatever they're called.

This was a nice surprise though. I enjoyed the promotional songs they did with Mania Adventures so these should be nice too.

I don't want to become one of those guys who's going "Oh, we're totally getting a remake" but like...they had Jun and Tee Lopes remix 4 Adventure themes and I'm sorrybut I refuse to believe that this is for nothing.

Also this remix is really good and I dig it.

1 minute ago, SBR2 said:

I don't want to become one of those guys who's going "Oh, we're totally getting a remake" but like...they had Jun and Tee Lopes remix 4 Adventure themes and I'm sorrybut I refuse to believe that this is for nothing.

I dont think all the songs are from adventure 1. Could be wrong, I thought they were gonna be from different games

Just now, SBR2 said:

Nah man 

They had Tee remix four tracks. The first of those four is a collaboration with Senoue and is from SA1. We know nothing of the other three, and nothing indicates that they're all from SA1 either. Senoue isn't involved in all of them either.

As mentioned, this is probably not indicative of anything, so don't read too much into it right now

That said, its nice for something from Adventure to get acknowledgement. The remix itself is alright, but certainly busier than the original.

8 minutes ago, Jango said:

That harmonica... Is this Mario?

Harmonica isn't exactly a common instrument in Mario music.

Only one track has it, I think.

They just said on the stream that this is the only remix from Sonic Adventure. 

I'd say that might poke some more holes in anyone trying to assert that this is proof of an Adventure remake.

1 hour ago, Plasme said:

I'm glad, I could imagine nothing worse than Sonic Team doing a Sonic Adventure Remake.

You can't? I can. 

26 minutes ago, Plasme said:

I'm glad, I could imagine nothing worse than Sonic Team doing a Sonic Adventure Remake.

Sonic Labyrinth remake, Sonic Nex Gen remake, Sonic Blast Remake, Shadow the Hedgehog remake, Sonic Colours remake, Sonic Mania Re-...

Um, maybe this is going too far.

5 hours ago, TheOcelot said:

This is yet another remix-collaboration between Tee & Jun. This time it's Station Square from Sonic Adventure.

Sounds pretty rad.

Wonder what other Tee Lopes remixes we'll be getting (we know he's doing four in total)?

inb4 we're totally getting an Adventure remake ;)

Station Square, Delfino edition. 

Was anybody else concerned when they saw Tee Lopes name attached? 

4 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

Was anybody else concerned when they saw Tee Lopes name attached? 

Whyyyyy?

What's the concern?

• Thumbs Up 2

1 minute ago, StaticMania said:

Whyyyyy?

What's the concern?

That his style isn't a fit for Station Square's upbeat, but relaxed sound.