Awoo.

New remixes by Tee Lopes

TheOcelot

2 hours ago, Dr. Franken-Mike said:

They just said on the stream that this is the only remix from Sonic Adventure. 

I'd say that might poke some more holes in anyone trying to assert that this is proof of an Adventure remake.

Inb4 the next one is Sonic Adventure 2.

6 hours ago, Marco9966 said:

I feel they gonna do an Adventure remake.

Hopefully they can do a faithful replication to the gameplay

Me too. I suppose the time is as right as any. The previous iteration of Sonic (boost) has seen its positive momentum kind of stalled with Forces' underwhelming reception. There has been a consistent fan outcry in the fanbase for Adventure, moreso post Mania and the classic era fans seemingly finally having what they've wanted. Also in general, Sonic Adventure is recognized by many as perhaps the only serious attempt by Sonic Team at a classic in 3D formula. Coming off of Mania's success, that would seem like a logical priority to make. 

But as of now these are just things we hope for.

I really do hope of they do anything adventure related at all, they stick to an SA1 remake. Makes much more sense than SA3 honestly, which at this point has already happened in some capacity or another and doesnt deserve a shot at the moment. SA1 if the bugs and gameplay issues are worked out could actually solve all of 3D sonic's problem properly, in one go.

But once more, these are things we hope for.

This reads like an awful poem.

• Thumbs Up 1

18 minutes ago, Kuzu the Boloedge said:

Inb4 the next one is Sonic Adventure 2.

The actual quote was "No more from Sonic Adventure or Adventure 2".

So, unless they're lying again, then nope.

1 minute ago, Dr. Franken-Mike said:

Yeesh, poor Adventure 2 isn't getting any Tee Lopes love. They didn't use much besides character themes (Eggman, Tails and Rouge's theme's but they were only touched up versions) in Team Sonic Racing and now they won't do wee remixes. Ah well, I'll go back to my hole and wait for the next time he does some, hope we get some unorthodox choices (not just classic Tee, I like my 3D Sonic music).

25 minutes ago, The Tenth Doctor said:

Yeesh, poor Adventure 2 isn't getting any Tee Lopes love. They didn't use much besides character themes (Eggman, Tails and Rouge's theme's but they were only touched up versions) in Team Sonic Racing and now they won't do wee remixes. Ah well, I'll go back to my hole and wait for the next time he does some, hope we get some unorthodox choices (not just classic Tee, I like my 3D Sonic music).

That's because Adventure 2's soundtrack was balls.

*dodges projectiles*

• Thumbs Up 1
  • My Emmerdoods 1

14 hours ago, Dr Egg-Gin said:

That was...alright. I think the problems I have with it stem from the original track as opposed to anything the remix added. It's great for an overworld theme, not so much as a standalone piece. 

I'm in the "it's alright, but I'll stick  to the original version" camp as well. I didn't like the percussion, I missed the bass and electric guitar lead from the original. Just "meh" all around.

I'm just now listening to it, it's okay but… did they just Spagoni-fy it? The beginning sounds a bit like that.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 10/10/2019 at 7:40 PM, Dr. Franken-Mike said:

What if it isn’t an Adventure remake, but “Adventure Mania”, justifying remixes from other games?

Another Tee remix was released today. 

"Can You Feel the Sunshine" featuring Tee, Jun & Mariana Lopes (Tee's sister).

Sounds pretty good to me. Might actually prefer this over the original.

Do you like it when they do these visual performances to accompany the music?

So we've had an SA1 & Sonic R remix. I wonder what's next.

• Thumbs Up 3

Huh. All this time Tee Lopes had a sis and she's talented like him? And Tee Lopes sings a little on the side, too? Now that's what's up.

I really enjoyed this remix. 

If this leads to the Lopes sibs doing vocal tracks in future games I'm all for it. Honestly get Mariana to do a new version of Believe in Myself. She's got the pipes for it.

• Thumbs Up 2

I don't like it personally, Sonic R's soundtrack is fun because it's so bombastic, over the top and silly. It's like a dumb Jim Steinman. The stripped back approach just gives you a dull, bad song.

The video is also too cringey.

I thought its good, the best new version in a long time. Prefer the original but this is damn fine, love Jun's guitar solo.

Though sadly, Richard Jacques has attacked Tee for it. He says he wasn't credited (he has been on Youtube) and has harshly critiscised the composition. He sounds like he has beef with Sega and is taking it out on Tee.

Uh, not sure I like the simplified poppy(?) vibe.

47 minutes ago, The Tenth Doctor said:

I thought its good, the best new version in a long time. Prefer the original but this is damn fine, love Jun's guitar solo.

Though sadly, Richard Jacques has attacked Tee for it. He says he wasn't credited (he has been on Youtube) and has harshly critiscised the composition. He sounds like he has beef with Sega and is taking it out on Tee.

Oh cheese and rice...

He keeps making it worse. Says " just trying to look out for fellow creators and help shape a digital age that works for all. " yet is being cruel to Tee for the sake of blaming someone. Of course, everyone is reminding him of his work on Sonic Chronicles but he doesn't seem to register it.

On a happier note, TJ Davis (the singer of the original) really liked it. Tee responded in kind.

• Thumbs Up 3

I'm pretty disappointed seeing Jacques conduct himself like this. His issue seems to be with Sega for not crediting him in the video (he's credited in the YouTube description--Davis didn't even get that courtesy) and possibly for not involving him in other remixes of his works (he's been pretty vague about what his beef is exactly). Which, fine, but it's pathetic he's dragging Tee Lopes on this by saying he's doing this for social media likes... on an account he doesn't even run. He got contracted to make a series of remixes for the Sega social media accounts to post, why go in on him?

• Thumbs Up 9
  • Absolutely 1

It kind of sucks if they only edited Jacques name into the description later (haven't seen any solid evidence on that either way) but why didn't he just...ask? And hey, why isn't TJ mentioned too, it's not a huge deal but it'd be nice. I don't really care to defend companies by any means but I don't even understand this from the perspective of SEGA BAD or whatever, seems like it's something that'd be up to the person uploading the videos and like...again, you could just...ask?

The funniest part of this is people would have sympathized completely if he hadn't blamed Lopes! Also while he did @ them about it...I suspect he didn't single SEGA out in his actual complaining because he'll still want to make music for them in the future, which is fine because everyone needs to make money and all, but in this context it just looks bad.

• Thumbs Up 3

Jacques' point is deranged because its essentially a free song that's put on the channel for fun.

Also, has he put any decent music out since 2013?

Any chance of me giving Jacques the benefit of sympathy went out the window when he said "a bad job and a bad arrangement... for social media likes". That's just rude and disrespectful. Tee is a fan of Jacques work, and if otherwise he wouldn't have created this arrangement. You don't just go out there and call someone else's work "bad" like that. If there's any bad blood in the woodwork that we don't know about, Jacques had done a great job of making himself look like the bad guy. Literally all he had to do was ask for the credit that he rightly deserves. The nastiness just showed him to be a bit of an arse. 

Great remix though. I really enjoyed it. It was chilled and relaxing. It has Tees signature sound all over it, with some of the saxophone/horns sounding very similar to Press Garden Act 1. His sister did a great job with the vocals. It's a very different take to the original, but doesn't sacrifice the overall happy and feel-good vibes.

• Thumbs Up 6

Gonna get hate for this, but I enjoy Tee's early fan remixes so much more than the ones from Mania and onward. While the production quality I'm sure is much higher on the recent ones, I find his old remixes like Splash Hill Zone, Green Hill Zone 2012 and Bridge Zone so much more creative.

Looks like the whole thing has been deleted. Don't know if it was Sega or Richard but either way, the fans sure aren't letting him forget it by pestering his other tweets.