Awoo.

Ranking the 3D Sonic Games From best to worst

A Peep

Title says it all..

(I haven’t played Shadow yet so I’m not including that in my list by you can)

SA1 > Unleashed > Generations > SA2 > Heroes > Secret Rings > Colours > Lost World > 06 > 3D Blast > Black Knight > Forces

• Thumbs Up 1

This is hard because I have personal favorites list and then I have my "objective" critique list.

Here's the latter:

Generations > Colors > SA1 > Unleashed = SA2 > Lost world = Forces > Heroes > Shadow> Secret Rings > Boom > 06

For my personal favorites (not what the thread asked)

SA1 > Generations > Unleashed > SA2 > Colors > Lost World > Shadow > Heroes > Secret Rings > Forces >>>>>>> Boom > 06

Generations wins by default because it is the best designed and most consistent 3D sonic game to date. The gameplay is not perfect but it can be exhilarating and most importantly, most of the game is of the same relative quality. In fact for this reason, Generations is really the only 3D sonic game that I could recommend to a casual fan to try if they've never played a sonic game before. The other games have bits of fun throughout but have too much junk/filler gameplay that detracts from the core experience.

SA1 actually has the best 3D sonic gameplay, taken alone. But only about half of the game can claim to be that and the gameplay can be quite rough to navigate at times.

Sonic Generations is the most consistently good modern Sonic game, eventhough more than half of it is 2D. Generations is mostly a 2.5D platformer in reality. But when you're actually moving Sonic in 3D, it's probably the best one out there. I'd put SA2 as a close second because the Sonic/Shadow levels are super fun and less glitchy than SA1, but since we're talking "games" and not "gameplay", I'll have to go with Colors, and only then, SA and SA2 respectively. I'd say Heroes takes that final top 5 spot. 

So yeah, Gens, Colors, SA1, SA2 and Heroes. 

Buuuut. Pretty much like @UpCDownCLeftCRightC I also have my personal favorite list, which would actually put Heroes in first 😁🤷‍♂️ Generations in second, SA1 and SA2 tied in third and Colors / Unleashed tied in forth.

It's hard to say. Well except for Generations for me being best overall. That's probably the easiest. But for a lot of others there is times I enjoy part of a game more than whole experience of another and so on, but as games could also be considered better because being Solid all around. Colors for instance is a solid game but I don't find it all that great as a Sonic game. But it's not bad. I enjoy parts of SA1/2 and there's parts that are bad and bring down the experience. So it's hard for me to say other than Generations which is a full package I do enjoy outside of a few small things.

May not be popular but here’s mine:

SA1 = SA2 > Unleashed > Generations > Heroes > Secret Rings > 06 > Black Knight > Lost World > Forces > Colors > Shadow

Haven’t played Rise of Lyric. 

SA1 > Black Knight > Forces > Unleashed > Rise of Lyric > Heroes > SA2 > Generations > Lost World > Colors > Next Gen > Secret Rings > Shadow

Unleashed HD > SA1 > SA2 > Heroes > Generations > Unleashed Wii/PS2 > Lost World 3DS > Genesis 3D Blast (with the Director's Cut hack) > Lost World Wii/PC > Colors > Secret Rings > Original Genesis and Saturn 3D Blast > Black Knight > Sonic 06 > Shadow the Hedgehog

Yes, I'm one of the few souls that really loves Lost World 3DS. IMO, It's a pretty fun game when you aren't in a special stage.

Unorthodox opinion but my list would go, from best to worst:

Sonic Heroes > SA1 > SA2=Sonic Riders > Unleashed HD > Sonic Riders Zero Gravity >>> Generations >>> Colors > Secret Rings >>> Shadow > Black Knight > Unleashed SD >>> Sonic Free Riders (why are you on fucking kinect god damn) > Sonic 06 > Lost World >>>>> Forces.

I think that's pretty much all of them. In short, I really want a Sonic Heroes 2, remakes of the Adventure games, and another Sonic Riders game please.

• 2 months later...

Jesus looking back on my list did I actually prefer secret rings over 06?

Guess I’ll update it now that I played the storybook games, Lost World And Heroes more.

S - Unleashed HD

A - Generations

B - SA2, SA1, 06, Lost World Wii U, Colours

C - Black Knight, Heroes, Unwiished

D - 3D Blast, Lost World 3DS

E - Secret Rings, Forces                                  

Eh, my list.
Sa1-Generations- Sa2- Unleashed SD- Sonic Lost world's first level- Black Knight- Unleashed HD- Forces- Shadow- Sonic R- Sonic 06- Heroes- Secret Rings- Rise of Lyric-Rest of Sonic Lost world- Colors.

Somehow I didn't see this topic the first time but I'm locking this since it's just a list topic judging by the majority of replies.

• The topic was locked