Awoo.

Obscure Sonic Characters

Nintenboi

Hi everyone, and welcome to Obscure Sonic Characters! This is a place where you can talk about Sonic characters who have been forgotten by Sega. I doesn't matter if they're from the games or the comics. As long as they have been part of an official piece of Sonic media, they count. Anyway, that is all for now, bye!

You can talk about obscure sonic characters. It doesn't matter if it's in a positive way or a negative way. This is just a place to talk about obscure characters from sonic media.

Obscure talk isn't really something engaging to do for the sake of it.

Time to do the "SEARCH"

Ok, ok, ok. The Character Time Waster is pretty apt for the tone of this post.

image.png.0a52aebece593155a67e775d556034b2.png

Energetic Beast monster.

I think a pretty obscure Sonic Character is Princess Sally.

spacer.png

Sure she hasn't been forgotten by the fans but Sega certainly hasn't paid much attention to her.

She has had almost NO appearances since SATAM (not including Archie because thats kinda its own thing)

The first ex- Eggman Empire members (before E-102 and E-123), and original Chaotix members: Heavy and Bomb

latest?cb=20130924222800

The first Sonic fan-character (only appears in a bug like Eggette) : Ashura:

latest?cb=20111019203202kisspng-hedgehog-cartoon-clip-art-ashura

• Thumbs Up 2

15 minutes ago, Marco9966 said:

(only appears in a bug like Eggette)

It's not a bug, it's just an upside down sprite.

Sir Ffuzzy-Logik

Sonic GIF

In a game and show defined almost entirely by it's wacky, surreal, or sometimes lowbrow content, this Badnik is surprisingly cool looking and distinguished.

• Thumbs Up 1

We all know that Chronicles was a pretty bad game. But honestly? I kind of enjoyed it. And the storyline in particular I really loved. It's a real shame that it lead to whole Archie-Penders-SEGA lawsuit, because I really wanted to see where it could lead. Linking up plot points introduced by SA1 and Battle was a smart choice. The 4th Great Civilisation was the rival clan that Pachamac lead the Knuckles Clan against, before they were virtually all killed by Chaos. And the 4th Great Civilisation were stopped by "Argus Event" after they created Emerl, who was determined to be too powerful.

Shade and Ix are obviously the least obscure of the new characters in Chronicles. But the game has a fair few characters, minor and major, that are basically totally unknown due to the obscurity of Chronicles in general. My personal favourites are both the Voxai hive mind race:

ChronVoxaiCh9.png

And the Perfect Gizoids, Charyb and Scylla:

latest?cb=20110518001636latest?cb=20110519021919 

After the lawsuit, SEGA have wanted everything from the game to be dead and buried. It was also the last new Sonic game to really have a story based based on existing lore and really putting the story at the forefront. Such a crying shame. All of the plot points, characters and races introduced or picked up in Chronicles have been tossed on the scrap heap. I mean, I'm not exactly sad to see Swat Bots gone (although they were cleverly introduced as "old models" of Eggman's), Chronicles has so much to enjoy on the character front.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Fist Bump 1

Related image

Probably one of the more doomed of the Freedom Fighters thanks to the family connection. Uncle Chuck is one of my favorite parental figures in the franchise. In SatAM he's, in a way, an interesting spin on a Metal Sonic, and character-wise you can see some of Sonic's traits reflective in him. Like the Freedom Fighters Chuck has been surprisingly resilient in the series thanks to existing in the margins of 2 cartoons and the Archie comics. 

On 10/21/2019 at 6:50 PM, Marco9966 said:

The first Sonic fan-character (only appears in a bug like Eggette) : Ashura:

latest?cb=20111019203202kisspng-hedgehog-cartoon-clip-art-ashura

Wait. That's the 1st Sonic fan-character? When and where did he 1st appear?

2 minutes ago, Nintenboi said:

Wait. That's the 1st Sonic fan-character? When and where did he 1st appear?

People named him like this when they saw the glitch. Kinda like Eggette now from the inverted Mania sprite

33 minutes ago, Marco9966 said:

People named him like this when they saw the glitch. Kinda like Eggette now from the inverted Mania sprite

Cool. How does the glitch occur?

1 minute ago, Nintenboi said:

Cool. How does the glitch occur?

Activate Debug mode and place a bunch of waterfall sprites until you see Sonic's life icon turn green.

35 minutes ago, StaticMania said:

Activate Debug mode and place a bunch of waterfall sprites until you see Sonic's life icon turn green.

Thanks! I'll try it!

The witchcart and her witchcarters. They only managed to appear in a handheld game focusing on Tails.

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Thumbs Up 1

That reminds of Eggor, rabbit-turned-Robotnik's lackey in the Martin Adams Sonic books.

EGGORROBOTNIK.jpg.327ca72d5fd7bcd15103162b675b0f8b.jpg

This is Sonic Adventure inspired fanart of the character curtesy of Jessica Padkin.

• 2 weeks later...

I know I can think of 1 character that needs to come back.......

Honey_the_Cat_Something.thumb.jpg.d656eb74ffc099140e3cae574c3bbac9.jpg

Yep, it's my girl, Honey The Cat! This is my optional wish for what I want in the Sonic franchise. If it didn't happen, then oh well.

• Thumbs Up 4

On 11/9/2019 at 3:53 AM, XxCordovaManxX said:

I know I can think of 1 character that needs to come back.......

Honey_the_Cat_Something.thumb.jpg.d656eb74ffc099140e3cae574c3bbac9.jpg

Yep, it's my girl, Honey The Cat! This is my optional wish for what I want in the Sonic franchise. If it didn't happen, then oh well.

If they make a new Sonic fighting game I think they should add Honey as a secret unlock able character. It would be a cool easter egg.

On 10/21/2019 at 8:57 PM, Ivo-goji said:

He looks more like he lived in the 1700s than being from the same generation as Vanilla.

He did. Jet is actually 300 years old.

On 11/12/2019 at 8:40 PM, Nintenboi said:

If they make a new Sonic fighting game I think they should add Honey as a secret unlock able character. It would be a cool easter egg.

Yes, that would be an awesome idea for a new Sonic fighting game.