Awoo.

Possible IDW crossovers

Leebo4

Do you think the comics could have a crossover miniseries with the Transformers, Ghostbusters or even MLP FIM? I know G4 has ended but don’t know if the MLP comic is, considering IDW has done comics for other series that ended like the various Star Trek shows.

If sega is cool with it. I would imagine so. Though i imagine they are gonna be a lot more particular with how their characters show up these days.

What I would give to be a fly on the wall with for... " conversation "

Like I said in my status update, a narrative-based Sonic and Angry Birds crossover would be perfect.

Eggman makes badniks powered by little animals, including the bird-like Flickies. The pigs love eggs and hate birds. The plot writes itself.

• Thumbs Up 1

26 minutes ago, Petrifying Panda said:

Like I said in my status update, a narrative-based Sonic and Angry Birds crossover would be perfect.

Eggman makes badniks powered by little animals, including the bird-like Flickies. The pigs love eggs. The plot writes itself.

oh man, that's pretty good.

An due to sonic characters ability of curl into a ball, they could launch em. Shit why havent they crossed over in game

• Nice Smile 1

1 minute ago, Shadowlax said:

oh man, that's pretty good.

An due to sonic characters ability of curl into a ball, they could launch em. Shit why havent they crossed over in game

They have. In Sonic Dash. So not utilised in the way they should be.

I'm not really too keen on seeing Sonic crossover with anything, but if I had to choose something I'd pick TMNT. Not some generic form of Turtles or any of the Nick incarnations but rather the IDW version; I can already imagine Old Hob trying to enlist Sonic into the Mutanimals or Eggman giving Shredder's troops cybernetic enhancements. IDW TMNT would have to be toned down a bit, I suppose, but I think that's fine for this sort of thing.

4 minutes ago, Zaysho said:

I'm not really too keen on seeing Sonic crossover with anything, but if I had to choose something I'd pick TMNT. Not some generic form of Turtles or any of the Nick incarnations but rather the IDW version; I can already imagine Old Hob trying to enlist Sonic into the Mutanimals or Eggman giving Shredder's troops cybernetic enhancements. IDW TMNT would have to be toned down a bit, I suppose, but I think that's fine for this sort of thing.

I was about to say this, but Zay beat me to it.

That said, I would love to see IDW TMNT crossover with IDW Sonic. Adding onto Zay's ideas, I could see them trying to implement some ideas from other TMNT canons into the mix. The only thing I could see change is Shredder being swapped out for Karai given Shredder seems to be undergoing something of a redemption arc. That said, this could go either way for both Shredder or Karai.

So in terms of ideas. For example, on top of Eggman implementing Shredder's troops with cybernetics, I think it could be a really cool chance to give Shredder his cyber form from TMNT Back to the Sewer: 

spacer.png

I'd love it if they could strike a good relationship between Eggman and Shredder as well. Wily and Eggman in Worlds Collide was so insanely strong that it'd be fun to see what you could work with Shredder and Eggman. 

I think the key thing here would be it would be an antagonistic partnership instead of the more friendly one that Eggman and Wily had. Shredder in IDW, especially now after the current Shredder in Hell arc tends to run along the idea of honour and loyalty more than anything else. Shredder cares more about power, and control under the foot, while Eggman cares about having control and power via his empire, which leads to the problem that both of them want something the other can't have.

That said, the friction and agreement would be interesting because where Wily and Eggman were both scheming backstabbing villains, Shredder usually keeps people alive as long as they're useful and loyal to him. Eggman attempting a backstab on Shredder would not settle well at all, and likely lead to Shredder immediately seeking vengeance on Eggman. The flip side however is unlike Wily, both of them have no problem whatsoever with fatally killing people, although I'd imagine Shredder would find Eggman ridiculous in how he always feels the need to taunt and play with his enemies first, usually leading to giving them the chance to beat him in the end.

Karai and Metal Sonic would be pretty fun to see working off, given how both are pretty cut-throat, and loyal to their masters to the end. You could potentially have Starline and Baxter Stockman interacting.

It's completely out there, but the crossover I'd love though with these franchises, would be Scratch and Grounder working alongside Bebop and Rocksteady. Impossible given they aren't canon in IDW, like they were in Post-Reboot Archie, but it'd still be funny to see them playing off each other, especially since Bebop and Rocksteady, while still dim-witted in IDW are much more sadistic and lethal.

In terms of non-IDW stuff, give me a Flash/Sonic crossover, we've already had several Batman/TMNT crossovers. 

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Fist Bump 1

Why do people want an MLP crossover so bad? I love MLP but I just don't see how that'd work. 

Now TMNT I would love and since Transformers is doing a line of toys that crossover with various famous vehicles (Ghostbusters being the first with Ectotron) I could see the doing that with the Tornado and doing a 5 issue miniseries like they did with Ectotron.

3 hours ago, SBR2 said:

Why do people want an MLP crossover so bad? I love MLP but I just don't see how that'd work. 

Now TMNT I would love and since Transformers is doing a line of toys that crossover with various famous vehicles (Ghostbusters being the first with Ectotron) I could see the doing that with the Tornado and doing a 5 issue miniseries like they did with Ectotron.

Sometimes you wanna see characters you like hang out in an official capacity.

2 hours ago, Shadowlax said:

Sometimes you wanna see characters you like hang out in an official capacity.

I guess but I just can't invision a plot.

I don't really mind about seeing any kind of crossover, my only requirements would be that it would be confined to a mini-series, and that it doesn't interupt the main book, although I doubt that would be a problem. I imagine a mini-series would sell better with a crossover like this. My only other issue would be that while I don't mind it being canon for IDW Sonic, I don't want any plot important stuff to occur during it. Set it inbetween #12 and #13 or another break point if neccessary and let it be its own thing.

I don't really know that much about MLP or TMNT. I know MLP nowadays has a big adult fanbase, but generally speaking, hasn't MLP always been for an age bracket slightly below Sonic's? I'm not sure if the IDW run is a little more mature, but I'm not sure I'd want to see Sonic diluted to be able to crossover with MLP, although I guess it still wouldn't be as bad as the plot is for Lost World. TMNT seems like a natural, even if somebody on the thread says ironically, TMNT would perhaps have to dilute itself to work with the Sonic franchise. Transformers seems like a good fit too, I mean Sonic fights Eggman's robots all the time, the Decepticons would just be 1 step above that.

I can see that happening. We had the Mega-man Cross over. Hey, anything is possible as long as SEGA gives the nod I guess.

12 hours ago, SBR2 said:

I guess but I just can't invision a plot.

Sometimes or rather most times with crossovers its about cool stuff and less the how. As long as it doesn't venture into worlds unite territory, everything should be fine. And the people writing care about making it good.

People down the MLP one, I think personally you could get some cool stuff out of it. Like there are a lot of direct character analogs that could hang out, and you can get a cool thing like Nightmare Shadow. Or TMNT Sonic , Amy , Knuckles and Tails can be the sonic version of the ninja turtles and hang out or something

I would personally like to see transformers.

Unicron Death egg

Bebop and Rocksteady vs. Rough and Tumble. Or at least, the former coaching the latter to be more than comedy bad guys. Maybe a one-shot? 

I could certainly see Sonic crossing over with TMNT or Transformers.

Of course how it would work varies somewhat based on which incarnation he crosses over with, but I could totally see, for instance, the Transformers Prime Decepticons taking a keen interest in something like the Metal Virus as a tool for terraforming Earth and even some Autobots, like Ratchet, wondering about the potential for a modified version to revitalize Cybertron. Conversely I can see Eggman looking into the potential of Dark Energon and Cybertronian biology to enhance his own forces.

Its IDW its going to happen one way or another. That said knowing IDW id Say for starters TMNT or Transformers.

I can safely say that IDW crossovers while sometimes canon aren't usually required reading and are also always their own miniseries. 

For example the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles/Ghostbusters crossover is canon to both series but it's not super important to the TMNT storyline. Now for Ghostbusters it's a little more important but just to explain how they can travel between dimensions now and even then that's the only part that's really all that important. 

So basically if there's a Sonic crossover with anything it'll be it's own miniseries and you could skip it  if you aren't interested in seeing Sonic meet the Ninja Turtles or whatever. 

• 1 month later...

Ghostbusters could be fun. Have the Night of the Werehog Ghosts play a role in it and just be a big wacky romp with the boys in grey and the Blue Blur.

Transformers X Sonic is something I really what to see Eggman would experience what a real machine looks like.

On 10/31/2019 at 3:32 PM, SBR2 said:

Probably the same way Equestria Girls did. With Twilight going to other worlds and taking the form of the predominate creatures of that place. So, she'd look more like a "Mobian" looking pony (Don't care, still using that word, SEGA) Where there may or may not also be Mobian variations of the other ponies as well depending on the nature of the story and the writers want it to be told. This would also perhaps be a prequel to her becoming Princess of Equestria. With her final trial perhaps making peace with creatures from other worlds that may have been previously sealed away. I hear Gen 5 will be dealing with this concept in more detail than Gen 4 however, so it might work better in that incarnation. But I think it could work either way.

Personally, I feel like if done right it could work very well. And one of the things I'd like about a Sonic/MLP crossover is that it can have action, but would by design, be forced to explore dynamics of the characters. I found crossovers that focused only on action such as Worlds Unite/Collide boring as hell because there was nothing about the way most characters interacted that made much of a lasting impression on me. They just hamfisted two characters or various franchises together for fanservice and little substance.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 12/28/2019 at 7:31 AM, lulzers said:

That's not an IDW license.

I was joking, hence "fite me".

How about Godzillla? IDW's done Godzillla comics before, and after Legendary's done, they could pick him back up later. Crossing Godzilla with Sonic would be something new compared to the usual heroes and villains collaborating thing like Megaman. I could imagine Eggman unleashing him into the world, trying to exploit him and failing, resulting in Sonic and co having to stop his reign of terror and wanton destruction. Godzilla's themes would also mesh well with the current depressing, dramatic tone of IDW Sonic.

• Thumbs Up 1

Actually since IDW does do Intercompany crossovers they don't really have to be licensed by IDW.

With that in mind as on the nose as it is Sonic and The Flash would be awesome plus as a big Power Rangers fan I'd love to see that happen.