Awoo.

SpinSlash's Sketches & Sounds & Such

SpinSlash165

Hey guys, welcome to my art topic!

Just gonna start off by apologising for being away for a good while. After the fire a few months ago, I've been really busy with cleaning up, not to mention I've had a lot of things in school I needed to work on. Hopefully this topic will let me interact with you guys a little more and bring me back in.

With that said... it's dump time.

First, music. I've been working on revamping my old tracks slightly so they're in key and just generally sound a little better, as well as adding a few new tracks in.

Spoiler

Also as a little bonus, a revamped version of an old Undertale/Sonic Unleashed fantrack:

https://soundcloud.com/spinslash165/night3

Art will be in the next post as I can't put them here for some reason.

In the meantime, all my art is also uploaded on my deviantART and my Twitter if you wanna follow me there.

Art, part 1.

Spoiler

Ra-Kii.thumb.png.698e8d307925f11fc3845c3c1b418d4e.png

This is Ra-Kii. He's one of my older OCs who I haven't drawn in a while, whoops.

From his dA upload:

Ra-Kii originates from the distant island of Garum. He's hot-blooded, aggressive, and overprotective of his family (currently comprised of him and his sister, Shar-Je). His kind, the Araneraco, are hybrids of dragons and spiders. They exhibit the ablilities to summon vines from their own bodies and see in low light levels. They, however, cannot swim. Ra-Kii, while agile, also has a particularly weak frame for an Araneraco.

The design is slightly outdated, but it's only minor changes.

Next up is some fanart of JoJo's Bizarre Adventure! (PART 5 SPOILERS, just in case)

Spoiler

1635332547_JJBATheBoyWhoHoldsTheTruth.png.ecba3578a25a75240b413a72fb8b63b7.png

I don't draw enough humans, so this was mainly a test. I think it came out alright, though!

Art, part 2!

Spoiler

A piece I'm really proud of and it's too big for SSMB goddamnit

image.png.88495ad72c4fb7707e60288ddb713c07.png

A better, high-res version is here.

Her name is Torrentia! She's a shark-owl hybrid.

From her dA upload:

While she doesn't have a set 'home', she typically resides somewhere within Zontal City. She tends to be somewhat mischievous, being wanted in several cities for trespassing on high-security property (this, however, is the only crime she's fully committed).
To aid her, she possesses the odd ability to "Recall" herself several seconds back to a previous point in time. This King Crimson-esque ability allows her to escape capture and near-death situations (and, if need be, chain in extra attacks) by warping away in a blue flash of light. She can also glide great distances and fly for a brief moment, plus swim with little restrictions.

Some Sparkster fanart (why is all my art too big for SSMB? sheesh)

image.png.4f66d339300517dd33a25fe2229d269a.png

Higher quality here.

The art style for this one is based on the SiIvaGunner King for Another Day Tournament.

image.png.6158153a859d634820c02cfb45697c1a.png

HQ here.

This was a piece I did at the start of October to kick off the Halloween theme - a conceptual were-form for Tori, taking more influences from the owl side of her hybrid.

Art part 3.

Spoiler

IT'S ONLY 887 kb WHY ARE YOU SO PICKY JEEZ

image.png.e8e138f98a6a1be0efa118e312cb8e9b.png

...anyway, HQ here.

This is Flynn Embertail, a dragon prince and one of Tori's friends.

From his dA upload:

Flynn is the "secondary" prince to the current Embertail royal family. His brother, Tairen, is the "primary" prince, but due to him being busy with other work, Flynn is left with the responsibilities. This, however, also fails, as Torrentia tends to drag him into her mishaps.
While not nearly on the same level as her, Flynn can be just as reckless as Tori, and has a bad habit of accidentally scorching important things with his fire breath. This recklessness is only kept in check by the fact that he has to ensure that his "secret" is kept secure and protected from his people.
This "secret" is that Flynn is host to a lava monster named Narlok. Nar more often than not ends up being the voice of reason to Flynn's bad ideas, yet has to restrain himself from being... well, a giant asshole, and tearing everything apart. Nar takes control every once in a while, and this can be identified by both of Flynn's eyes turning yellow.
Narlok does not provide any fire abilities besides Flynn's aforementioned fire breath, but does allow control of lava and magma.

This next one I'm REALLY proud of, so I urge you to see the higher quality version.

image.png.eab7e905daf0ab30323a332550186e82.png

Just a little fake anime-styled screenshot.

Last bit of the dump, and it's a recent work!

...and of COURSE it's too big. God.

I swear these are all my work, it's just SSMB is REALLY picky about file size.

image.png.0c705f58decf3adbc8ba866eadaaef19.png

HQ here.

This one's obviously inspired by Persona 5, the soundtrack for which I've fallen in love with and now I really wanna get the game. Now that halloween's here (unless you're in Oceania in which case it's November), I figured it'd be the perfect time for it!

This art dump was a trainwreck. I'm sorry.

Oh hey, more music. These are just mashups, though, so don't get your hopes up too high.

A mashup between Sparkster for the Mega Drive and Super Nintendo: https://soundcloud.com/spinslash165/i-will-sing-the-praises-of-rka-until-the-day-i-die

And a mashup of Toot Toot Sonic Warrior with it's Team Sonic Racing counterpart: https://soundcloud.com/spinslash165/snoc-goes-for-a-drive-by-never-lake

It's not much, but I hope you all like them.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Did you know that there isn't a clean rip of the Rocket Knight Adventures box art logo ANYWHERE (at least as far as I've seen)?

That's why I made this.rocket_knight_adventures_logo__recreation__by_spinslash165_ddm6pon-fullview.thumb.png.68364cd5189d52b2b50ba40e406d8438.png

I've also been on a bit of a Smash kick, having gotten a few more amiibo recently. So I made some series icons for RKA!

...you might wanna use a dark theme for this._sparkster__smash_styled_series_icon_by_spinslash165_ddm92wc-fullview.png.877cc22cac671c573792f5d6ccd73d28.png

_sparkster__smash_styled_series_icon__fp_amiibo__by_spinslash165_ddm939t-fullview.png.76addfa92478b928e0eeca270a3c06ca.png

Here's the dA versions:

https://www.deviantart.com/spinslash165/art/Rocket-Knight-Adventures-Logo-Recreation-823325063

https://www.deviantart.com/spinslash165/art/SPARKSTER-Smash-Styled-Series-Icon-823435500

https://www.deviantart.com/spinslash165/art/SPARKSTER-Smash-Styled-Series-Icon-FP-amiibo-823435985

• 2 weeks later...

New music track!

Spoiler

...and one of the two clips (both from the same series, mind you) got claimed by Warner Bros Entertainment lmao

But I'm not making any money off my YT right now anyway, so I'm not too worried.

Happy holidays!

• 4 weeks later...

Ra-Kii has been revamped! I've learnt my lesson this time, and this piece is resized to fit with SSMB's file limits.

ddol6nk-b899b8c0-f982-486b-8ff1-4184c67c1a8c_compress38.thumb.jpg.b053e880c30af1d00b78956f51f297ed.jpg

https://www.deviantart.com/spinslash165/art/Ra-Kii-Revamped-827359472

If you were to summarize Ra-Kii in a few words, one set that comes to mind is "unyielding rage". Ra-Kii angers easily, which more often than not sends him on a destructive rampage to right whatever wronged him. He is extremely protective of his "horde" and his family - his sister Shar-Je, and their mentor/guardian Zarn - and is loyal to a fault if you can somehow befriend him. Unfortunately, he's also rather clumsy due to his young age - he isn't that skilled with the powers the Gemstones grant him, and he's not always in control of his vine grapple.

Ra-Kii is designated as the guardian of Garum's greatest secret and the source of the island's massive power levels: the Elemental Gemstones. These seven gems hold the energies of various elemental magic: Stone, Water, Ice, Wind, Thunder, Fire and "Dragon". This orange, seventh stone in particular has a special effect on the Araneraco species: a high dose of the energies within will temporarily mutate them into a larger, more monstrous form, while lower doses temporarily boost their physical and magical abilities to high levels. The origins of the stones are unknown.

I felt like he was too much on the "dragon" side of the scale, so I altered a few parts to have a more insect-like approach (note the elbows, fingers and neck tuft), as well as modifying a few other aspects to make him a little less like a generic dragon. 

A few aspects that I failed to show (or show clearly) from the last time we met Ra-Kii have been demonstrated here:
Araneraco can split their mouths open into four parts, amplifying their breath attacks, and their hands have a port (idk what to call it) that they can summon plantlife from for usage (the type of plantlife can vary from Araneraco to Araneraco). It should also be worth noting that all eight of their limbs are in fact arms as well.
One new addition is the neck tuft (idk what to call this either), which glows and sparks with energy when the Gemstones are being used.
Hey, I thought it was cool.

i may or may not have gone overboard with the effects lmao

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

spike in a kart

ddphwqj-78ed4b80-bbd0-45a6-a673-4cfbf8377489_compress92.thumb.jpg.fcd0e45a92a6477c9d7bc5e20f1a10e7.jpg

wheres he gonna go

Wanted to draw something that wasn't an OC this time.

If you don't know him (can't say I blame you), Spike is one of the major reoccurring enemies from Crash of the Titans and Crash: Mind Over Mutant. I like his design (at least in the first game, never played Mutant), so I felt like putting him in a kart.

Higher quality: https://www.deviantart.com/spinslash165/art/CRASH-spike-in-a-kart-wheres-he-gonna-go-828886267

• 2 weeks later...

Here comes a new challenger!

ddq4gyw-97e905f4-36bf-421b-8c32-a13c6ed9fdc3_compress67.thumb.jpg.1c71880564823ed3f54e948589c40c4b.jpg

HQ: https://www.deviantart.com/spinslash165/art/Harak-Solia-829938920

Despite his imposing appearance, Harak is actually a pretty nice person for someone of his age (he's actually the youngest of the Zontal trio). He's easily befriendable and will go out of his way to help his allies out where he can. However, due to a mix of his age and the things he's had to suffer through, he's rather emotionally unstable. His mutation has also rendered him mute, meaning the only way he can communicate is by transmitting his thoughts into the minds of those around him.

Harak used to be part of the Solaxis clan - a band of roaming axolotl mages like him following the guidance of the "moons' god" (the planet has three), who were led by Harak's family. Harak was prone to wandering off and rushing into conflicts to protect his clan, the latter eventually being his downfall. His father, Kosa, eventually decided enough was enough, and - despite protests from the others - mutated Harak and disowned him, leaving him to die in the desert.
The young axolotl, distraught, wandered aimlessly until he found civilization, but, because of his monstrous appearance, was unable to reside in plain sight. Eventually, he found the city's central gardens, and made his "home" on a lakeside island's cave. Soon becoming an urban legend amongst the city dwellers, he survived off what little food he could find in the park.

It would be a few months before a certain someone found him...

Sheesh, I wasn't originally intending for things to get so dark for Harak but I needed some way to explain the mutation and this eventually came to mind. Poor guy needs a hug. Anyway, Harak was supposed to be ready before Ra-Kii's redesign was, but his original file got corrupted when my laptop crashed, which kinda put me off working on it for a while. But now I've come back to him (with a new design no less) to finish off the Zontal Squad!