Awoo.

Interesting revelations from Sonic 3 prototype

Monkey Destruction Switch

I finally managed to find all the stuff and try out myself.

The move is super useless, most of the times it's better to just charge a (normal) spindash.

Anyway, if you charge it (by holding down) while moving, it will stop you in place as soon as you touch the ground; this can be exploited to allow you to charge a spindash on those steep slopes of Marble Garden for example, but it's still not much useful because when you release it, if you try to activate it again, the jump required to activate it will push you back too much and you will lose all the progress you did in climbing the slope (it's only useful if the slope is short enough, and usually in those cases there are other faster tools around to achieve the same result, such as those top gimmicks or simply springs).

In some specific situations, it can allow you to climb faster, but it's not much more than a super situational spedrunner tool.

I was unable to find how to toss rings though.

12 hours ago, Iko said:

I was unable to find how to toss rings though.

The code for Air Dash and Ring Toss are unused. You gotta hack it.

You have to enter these two PAR codes for Ring Toss.

RG5T-A6Z2 // 00B7B8:4E71 & RG5T-A6Z4 // 00B7BA:4E71

Press the 'B' button while jumping to shoot a single ring in the direction Sonic is facing. Press the 'C' button while jumping to shoot a single ring from both sides of Sonic. 

• Thumbs Up 1