Awoo.

A few interviews I've conducted with Sonic music composers

EmerlForgotten

I'd never even heard the name Sandy Cressman before. It's cool that Spencer Neilsen let her help write the lyrics for Sonic Boom, even moreso that she remembers so much, considering Sonic CD was, like, the second Sonic game ever.

• Thumbs Up 2

Some good reads there. The Ohtani interview surprised/intrigued me the most since I've never heard of any interviews conducted with him before.

Its nice to know the deal with all the synth in Forces. I would have imagined they'd go for that Hollywood movie feel they were talking about with 06 when you hear the general game synopsis. The idea behind the vocal songs in the Avatar stages being the "voice" for the character's thoughts and actions is a neat work around too.

Also, Johnny is such a delight.

6. Shadow The Hedgehog was a drastic tonal shift for the Sonic franchise. How different of an experience was recording the heavier music for this game compared to other Sonic titles?

I was nervous about this actually. I didn't quite understand what Sega was doing with this “experiment”. BUT, who the heck am I ???? hahahahahaha It worked SO WELL and I loved adding the heaviness and a more serious approach to SHAAAAADOW…… 

Johnny for life. Must protect at all costs.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Chuckle 1

I forget when but have definitely seen this Ohtani interview before, was pretty interesting to read the other three you've done.

Shame that most of Sandy's questions were no-sells but understandable considering what a limited role they had in that soundtrack. Worth the effort though, the fact that they just improv'd the vocals over the top of Spencer Nielson's compositions is a really interesting little tidbit to gain (though a shame that some of that improv only made it to the "Sonic the Hedgehog Boom" CD release and not the real game - even in the 2011 version with it's extended songs).

Love that Johnny types exactly the same way he presents himself IRL such as Summer of Sonic etc lol. His infectious enthusiasm for life is a gift to the world, what a mad lad.

• Thumbs Up 1