Awoo.

Spoilers.

-Mark-

Mahzes makes a good point if you don't visit places were the thing you don't want spoiled is then you won't exactly find masses of spoilers unless you're friends are dicks... which is the case for a lot of people.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hawkz

• Badnik Zero

• -Mark-

• Eileanach

Top Posters In This Topic

Getting angry over spoilers is something I will never understand.

It's fiction. If you get angry or prissy over it, might be time to step back.

The whole idea of people finding spoilers funny is the absolute retarded reaction from a pissed off fan. When people get angry over something so minuscule over a game or movie spoiler, it's fucking funny.

The Snape Kills Dumbledoor incident outside the book store is a prime example. I sure as shit found it funny, but I wouldn't do it to someone on purpose either.

The spoilers thing wouldn't be as funny is people were not perturbed to the point of raging on blogs and getting agro about it. They do it because they couldn't give 2 shits if your life is ruined because you found out Edward has a hard-on for Isabella, they do it because you rage like a dumb shit over a fictional event...

People really need to grow up on both sides. MY FEELINGS GOT HURT!! LULZ!!

EDIT: Wait, found this

See that's just uncool. That's something that comes at the end of a series. I don't care about Harry Potter, but if someone was up to that book after reading all the other six, and got that spoiled for them, I might help them do something mean over the internet to you...

Or something.

O SHIT! MIGHT HELP DO SOMETHING BAD TO ME OVER THE INTERBUTTS?! NOES PELASE! NOT MY INTERBUTTS!

lol, shitmanry knows no bounds.

Also, Snape killed Dumbledoor in book 6 g-tard. There are 7 books. So if they read the first 6, then they would know it anyways.

Edited by Hawkz

WARNING: THIS IS A SPOILER

jcw_rear_spoiler.jpg

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Anyway, the main problem I have with spoilers is that, more often than not, they can completely ruin the intended effect of specific media for most people. As a random example, I'm going to take XBLA hit Braid's final level into account.

The levels prior took place with time running in reverse, this level included. So when you were trying to save the princess from some asshole bad guy with the two of you helping each other along the way, in reality you were actually hunting her down like the bad guy the whole time, and she was trying to stop you from catching her.

Now think about that for a sec. Would that still have the same element of surprise if you were informed of it beforehand? Not bloody likely. It's like taking a peak at your presents on Christmas eve just to see what you were going to get tomorrow - it's nowhere near as exciting when you already know what you're about to get, even IF it's exactly what you were hoping for.

The hatred of spoilers comes from the fact that these can only happen once, and once only, per medium. Once you know what's about to happen, that's it, thrill's over. And considering you'll have to wait for another over-budget movie/game to finish its multi-year development and release span to get that thrill again (and that's assuming they have GOOD writers), why should it come as a surprise that people are irritated to have that moment of suspense ruined?

SHHH! The spoiler/plot twist to all his movies is that they all are horrible. Don't ruin it for the people =(

Ha ha. M. Night's surprise is that his movie is that bad after all. I've been tricked into seeing so many of his movies, only to be "surprised" in the end. The Happening was bloody awful, if you know what was killing them.

Getting angry over spoilers is something I will never understand.

It's fiction. If you get angry or prissy over it, might be time to step back.

Well that's kinda the point of fiction, if you don't care enough to be reading/watching it, what's the point? It's not like you could get non-fiction spoiled. That's like saying someone told you the ship sinks at the end of Titanic.

O SHIT! MIGHT HELP DO SOMETHING BAD TO ME OVER THE INTERBUTTS?! NOES PELASE! NOT MY INTERBUTTS!

lol, shitmanry knows no bounds.

Also, Snape killed Dumbledoor in book 6 g-tard. There are 7 books. So if they read the first 6, then they would know it anyways.

Maybe my post was meant to be more sarcastic than it really was. Relax, man.

Well that's kinda the point of fiction, if you don't care enough to be reading/watching it, what's the point? It's not like you could get non-fiction spoiled. That's like saying someone told you the ship sinks at the end of Titanic.

Maybe my post was meant to be more sarcastic than it really was. Relax, man.

Agreed, but there is the difference between the point of enthusiasm, and the point of pure obsession to when you rage about something. For example, if someone told me the ending to Terminator Salvation I would be disapointed because I was looking forward to it. But I wouldn't rage out hard like some people do. I wouldn't get on forums and bitch about it. I wouldn't post an angry blog post. And that is what A LOT of motherfuckers out there do!

The chick who got the Harry Potter spoiler was down right fucking distraught to the point of lulz. She screamed: NOOOOOOOOOO! YOU BITCH! YOU BITCCCCHHHHHH!

That's the difference I was trying to point out. I'm not saying you cannot be upset, I'm saying that people who get upset to the point of raging out need to take an epic step back and cool off. Because the reason why the lulz are so funny, is because some nub screams and cries about it. 70% of comedy is watching someone get hurt or upset. Same thing applies here as to why it's so god damn funny. Because it is irl, most people become indignant.

As for you suggesting I was threatened by your earlier post. LOL. I was just talking shit back, bro. We're cool.

Ha ha. M. Night's surprise is that his movie is that bad after all. I've been tricked into seeing so many of his movies, only to be "surprised" in the end. The Happening was bloody awful, if you know what was killing them.

I always thought those bastard trees would come and kill us one day! <_< I was lucky enough NOT to pay and see The Happening I got in for nothing... I still tried to get money I didn't pay back because it was that bad.

I need to admit people on the internet are VERY sensitive about spoilers and stuff, it doesn't bother me much I just don't like if friends do it just out of spite. Generally though it's laughable how uptight people are about new releases or whatever.