Awoo.

Brand New Look SSMB!

Dreadknux

We didn't. B)

I swear if we get into a situation like last time...<_<

• Thumbs Up 1

Yes I missed my logic of White on Blue everytime I write on this forum.

I pray we won't have the same data loss as last time for a reason that I forgot...

Awesome. I'm trying to reorient myself to the blue shift. But it looks real nice. The fast reply box got all fancy I'm just noticing. The status feed for attention whoring. Individual post ratings? This is like the future.

And all of a sudden I feel like the forum is compressing and moving towards me quicker D8

Looks good but why isn't there a "go to first unread post" button next to each topic in new content? You can go to the last post for some reason.

I'll see if I can get that orange button of dreams involved in the 'new content' template. It might not work though given that certain IPB functions only work in certain templates, but I'll certainly give it a go.

Yes I missed my logic of White on Blue everytime I write on this forum.

I pray we won't have the same data loss as last time for a reason that I forgot...

Don't worry, that won't happen again.

For everyone wondering about what the reputation/post rating system means, at the bottom of every topic is a little navy bar that says "Currently viewing all posts. Change threshold?" Click it, and you can choose to only view posts by people whose posts have been rated up or down a certain amount. This means that if there are any people being idiots that the majority don't happen to like the look of (and have downvoted in protest), you can avoid all such idiotic posts by selecting this option.

It might help to make the... somewhat childish bickering in the Sonic forums that much easier to bear with.

• Thumbs Up 3

Ahh, terrific! Funtastic, even! Looks just like it did when I first joined the board back in 2007. :D I was wondering when we'd be getting a Sonic-themed skin again, ever since the original board got wiped.

Although I must admit, I was kind of getting used to the gray theme.

Good point. Either way, there are awesome moderators here who'll make sure these new features won't be abused. ;) I also put a lot of trust in you guys to not be total twats, of course. ^_^

• Thumbs Up 2

You need to double-time on that Big skin, good sirs >:i.

Nice to see the checkered background and gradiants again, though I miss view new posts at the top :'(. The post-rep thing seems to be good as well.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

You guys >really< need to make another alternate skin for this. Even though it's cool to have this skin back, it sorta hurts my eyes. I'm not used into seeing so much dark blue. D=

white was totally more eyeburning

Especially during late night sessions when all the lights are out. D:

Looks great, guys. Even though I'm probably missing out on all the great nostalgia due to being a new member, but meh. ;-;

Edited by Leonard

that's like trying to read writing off of a lightbulb, you all crazy!

Haha. +Rep for that wonderful analogy (plus that's the concept of a CRT monitor, shhh).

With regards to the order we had determined for remaking our older skins (the one Dreadknux mentioned isn't actually one of those - wait and see!) reading the comments in this topic is making me wonder if that's the correct order to have them in. We'll see, but I can't recall ever having that many bright(er) skins on the forums..

• Thumbs Up 1

To be fair, as awesome as the blue one is, it was always the one skin that one or two people complained about for 'being too blue'. :3 I don't think anyone's had similar comments about any of our other skins, so Chris we're good to go for the order that we/you originally planned. :]

• Thumbs Up 1

Great job SSMB staff as always :), skin looks great. Hopefully we will see some new ones in near future

*Nostalgia in the air*

I was a tad shocked when I saw the new SSMB. Now you almost stalk people on the front page. :D

Also I like this newer layout. It doesn't hurt my eyes like the original Sonical skin. =D

Edit: New stuff is love!

Edited by <3

Haha. +Rep for that wonderful analogy (plus that's the concept of a CRT monitor, shhh).

With regards to the order we had determined for remaking our older skins (the one Dreadknux mentioned isn't actually one of those - wait and see!) reading the comments in this topic is making me wonder if that's the correct order to have them in. We'll see, but I can't recall ever having that many bright(er) skins on the forums..

Barrel of Monkeys, the Monkey Ball Banana Blitz theme, was my favourite. It was pale and legible, but still very colourful.