Awoo.

New Holiday animation coming tomorrow!

Red Hot Jack

Tomorrow is my graduation, and SEGA decided to give me a beautiful gift, a brand new short!

Is that a Chao Garden? And can it top the heart and quality of the last Christmas short?

• Thumbs Up 2

Just now, Tangled Jack said:

Tomorrow is my graduation, and SEGA decided to give me a beautiful gift, a brand new short!

Is that a Chao Garden? And can it top the heart and quality of the last Christmas short?

Yeah, it's the SA2 Neutral Chao Garden.

Don't read too much into it… don't read too much into it...

Okay, screw that, they said animations usually are needed to accompany games, in this case it might hint at a game… remember that twitter poll? Yeah, Chao Garden was the most voted option.

So at least that hints they are part of the next game, then maybe we can talk about it being something Adventure-ous.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Tangled Jack said:

Okay, screw that, they said animations usually are needed to accompany games, in this case it might hint at a game… remember that twitter poll? Yeah, Chao Garden was the most voted option.

So at least that hints they are part of the next game, then maybe we can talk about it being something Adventure-ous.

No, it doesn't hint at anything. Just chill.

• Thumbs Up 4

6 minutes ago, Tangled Jack said:

Eh, I'd tread lightly on something like that.

Just a Chao garden looking area...

Well, where's a better place to spend the holidays than...that ?

Chao have to be substitute for children, otherwise it's just Tails, Cream, and Charmy.

I wish I could look forward to it probably being in the modern world since I like a lot of modern Sonic concepts and characters, but Sega has made me really resent what modern Sonic has become due to over-segregating it from classic, axing Archie, and just being so incompetent over the years.

Whether it's classic or modern, though, I'm still looking forward to it. Seeing Chao again would be nice.

I feel like I should point out that the last holiday special had Amy appearing in Mania Adventures and we know nothing happened on that front.

Honestly, I'm hoping they can at least have the voice actors in it and let them have some fun, but I don't think Sega often have them factored into the budgets for these things (understandable, but it'd be nice).

1 hour ago, Monkey Destruction Switch said:

I wish I could look forward to it probably being in the modern world since I like a lot of modern Sonic concepts and characters, but Sega has made me really resent what modern Sonic has become due to over-segregating it from classic, axing Archie, and just being so incompetent over the years.

Whether it's classic or modern, though, I'm still looking forward to it. Seeing Chao again would be nice.

Between Mania, Mania Adventures and TSR Overdrive, I'm pretty convinced that SEGA America and the entourage of creative indies involved have a much better handle on the franchise than SEGA at large. Until the next Sonic Team game comes along to disappoint us all once again, these little treats are pretty much all that's got me interested in the series right now. The segregation of Modern and Classic is so totally asinine. It's just Sonic. Change the artstyle from from Classic to Modern to whatever else on a game to game if you wish, but all this bollocks about "two worlds", "classic and modern universes" and retconning away any continuity established in in previous games is driving me away faster the era of '06 and Black Knight. 

*ahem*

21 minutes ago, Zaysho said:

Honestly, I'm hoping they can at least have the voice actors in it and let them have some fun, but I don't think Sega often have them factored into the budgets for these things (understandable, but it'd be nice).

I was wondering the other day about how much the Twitter takeovers cost. If they're willing to hire as many as four VAs for those quickly-forgotten jaunts, then what about these these incredibly popular shorts? It's hard to get a grip on the true viewing figures because I'm pretty sure that SEGA used the compilation of all five Mania Adventure episodes as an ad, and so it has over 44M views. Individually though, the first episode of Mania Adventures has 6.7M, the Christmas episode has 4.0M and the first episode of TSRO has 2.5M. There a fan-dubbed versions of each with millions of views as well, despite the fact that... well no offense to the creators, but they're pretty bad. The demand is clearly there.

When TSRO was announced, Aaron Webber and Jasmine Hernandez were quick to stress that they would like to get these sorts of shorts voiced in the future, but that it was currently not within the scope of the budget. Hopefully someone higher up at SEGA sees some value in what Hesse is bringing to the franchise with these shorts and decided to invest more.

• Thumbs Up 4

On 12/11/2019 at 8:03 PM, Tangled Jack said:

audacity temp mail origin

Congratulations for your graduation 

• Nice Smile 1

16 hours ago, Tangled Jack said:

Oh really? 

13 hours ago, Monkey Destruction Switch said:

Sega really is incompetent, plus the divisions between America and Japan who struggle with finding Agreement. Eh

Still, between Mania, TSR even though they left it abandoned, these shorts and IDW which is great, there has been a lot of good Sonic content recently… I just hope I can add the movie to it. Actually thinking about it, it was more content with Modern Sonic than Classic. 

I don't mind the classic and modern division as long as they don't crossover it with 2 Sonics, it's gotten old, so I'd rather them being separate with 2D and 3D games. It's a good decision IMO, because people want 2 different things (gameplay, characters, etc.) from different incarantions of Sonic. Btw, they are likely making Classic a sub-brand due to the flop of Boom, they found a nice new golden box of money.

That was great. Everything about it. It wasn't as "in your face face" funny as TSRO, but it was funny in a different way. I adore the animation style too. Good going!

16 hours ago, Plasme said:

I remember SEGA saying that the shorts aren't voice acted because they don't want language barriers on them.

Looks like we got an in-between. There's some dialogue here, but it's very minimal. Limited down to grunts/sounds from Roger and Mike, and one actual solid line at the end. So looks like they're going towards voice-acting, but very minimal voice acting so you can follow the short regardless of language.

Spoiler

Also, did they just imply the chao literally ripped sonic's nose clean off, and blood spurted from it? 

• My Emmerdoods 1

I really think voice acting wise this was the best option, voices but no dialogue! I'm really in love with the short, seems like something made for me in particular, and today is a special day for me so I'm grateful for this gift.

Love it!!

Hopefully we get more of these from time to time with Modern Tails, Amy, Knuckles... taking inspiration from the adventure games as well.

4 minutes ago, Ryannumber1Santa said:

Looks like we got an in-between. There's some dialogue here, but it's very minimal. Limited down to grunts/sounds from Roger and Mike, and one actual solid line at the end. So looks like they're going towards voice-acting, but very minimal voice acting so you can follow the short regardless of language.

Hide contents

Also, did they just imply the chao literally ripped sonic's nose clean off, and blood spurted from it? 

Not ripping it just hurting, last pic sonic has a bandage.

• Thumbs Up 3

4 minutes ago, Marco9966 said:

Love it!!

Hopefully we get more of these from time to time with Modern Tails, Amy, Knuckles... taking inspiration from the adventure games as well.

Not ripping it just hurting, last pic sonic has a bandage.

Ah, that's fair enough, I didn't see the final picture after the credits.

An image of the Chao ripping off Sonic's nose and that geyser of soda being a geyser of blood just entered my head. I also got an image of Eggman turning to chunky salsa when he hit the ground.

I think about that and I go... yeah. That's what Christmas is all about. ^^

(I saw the image at the end btw. I'm making one of them jokes.)

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Chuckle 4