Awoo.

New Holiday animation coming tomorrow!

Red Hot Jack

9 minutes ago, Ryannumber1Santa said:

Reveal hidden contents

Also, did they just imply the chao literally ripped sonic's nose clean off, and blood spurted from it? 

Spoiler

Sounds like that and i cringed thinking if it did, but it turned out to be fixed.

0ac20e35598ecddda1405d0a038eb0172bb21820

Lets just say it was broken. Not ripped. 😧

Edit: I didnt see the previous replies.

There's also something great about Eggman going the extra douchey mile to dress up as Santa before he steals presents from babies. He can't just do it, he has to make them think Santa did it. What a dick.

• Thumbs Up 5
  • Promotion 3
  • Chuckle 1

OMG what did I just see...

Spoiler

The chao fighting in spaceships, the super traansformation, a penguin hugging Sonic, Tikal's cameo, and that song... and Sonic's nose.

I think I need some time to recover myself after this shock of awesomeness and adorableness.

Spoiler

BTW, Why did I get a Kirby feel during the Chao in Space parts? the mood, the fight... and the super transformation, yes, that was definitely referencing the part of Kirby Superstar when Kirby summons nova/starship, the animation is almost the same.

• Thumbs Up 1

Okay I didnt think there would be an Archie Sonic reference but here we are-

Spoiler

fc83d4170d0ce2f428793f11d6aefac2ad9cd7bc a4198a19e0904fc2da03f4503187f9912b122a28

AKA Crusher the Chao, Razor the Shark's Chao from the Post Reboot era of the Archie Sonic comics.

• Fist Bump 3

3 minutes ago, Winter Spirit Ultima said:

Okay I didnt think there would be an Archie Sonic reference but here we are-

Hide contents

fc83d4170d0ce2f428793f11d6aefac2ad9cd7bc a4198a19e0904fc2da03f4503187f9912b122a28

AKA Crusher the Chao, Razor the Shark's Chao from the Post Reboot era of the Archie Sonic comics.

Spoiler

Might not be an Archie reference specifically, since an early-stage Dark Chao with a swimming affinity does look like that as well

evolution-darkswim.jpg

Still a fun little thing though.

• Thumbs Up 4

This is Tikal’s first appearance since 2015-ish, in the comics and Runners. Maybe there’s hope for characters like Sticks and Nega...

And does this make the Wisps the Yuuzhan Vong?

• Thumbs Up 2

Just now, MainJP said:

Seeing Tikal at all was a pleasant surprise. Seeing Tikal as a Force ghost was a massive plus.

Ao7qPTu.jpg

Though if Chaos and Blaze (maybe even Emerl) were also there it would have become a new lock screen for me. And it was great seeing her for the first time since 2015.

Yes, it was Chao shenanigrams, that's nice. Chao are very adorable. And going full Star Wars was neat.

I actually very much like the idea that opposite of Shadow, Sonic just has a regular neutral chao. Not even evolved to look like him.

Sonic's "woah" at the end is rp rp'd straight out of Lost World, while everything else from him is new.

Also, is that Chao song at the end actually new, really good editing, or is it from Adventure?

• Thumbs Up 1

I watched it 3 times and I still can't get enough, it's perfect :D

I like the animations and the art style better than in the previous shorts, and I appreciated that there is no 3D CG in this one unlike the TSR series.

I really wish there was a full cartoon/anime/wathever season with full lenght episodes made like this.

I hope the Chao Gardens will come back sooner or later, I spent so many hours in them...

Anyway, Eggman is not that evil, he loves chao too; once he's been spotted cuddling some chao on a desert island near where the Egg Carrier crashed. I know, it's a joke. He's fully playable in SA2 and can raise chao as well.

EDIT: In the meanwhile I forgot why I made this post in the first place: it was in order to point out a couple of things that some people may have not noticed.

-Sonic floats in the water

-At the end, the chao has been tied up to a palm so he can't move and can't cause troubles anymore.

16 minutes ago, MainJP said:

Chess made an astute observation. Shades. Mustache. This can't be a coincidence.

IaJgQt7.jpgb7H0adU.jpg

The Man 3 short when?

That's probably James McChao.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Chuckle 1

Spoiler

Star Wars + Sonic + Tikas as a force ghost + Chirstmas. WOW

Wasn't expecting this. Could the Star Wars references be because of Episode XI or that Star Wars always was a huge inspiration (At least Death Star/Egg).

But really, that Tikal appearance made me emotional.

I really loved this animation. I never thought they would acknowledge Tikal after all this time, even though she did appear in Sonic Runners they didn't seem to be interested in adding her to any of the other spinoffs like Team Sonic Racing or Mario & Sonic. Also Sonic Runners is dead now so I don't want to count it. lol

Either way, I can't in good faith ask Sonic Team to add the Chao Garden to their next game. For one, they have a smaller budget and less talent than they did all those years ago, and if they can't get the gameplay right then they shouldn't put their time into making a Chao Garden from scratch. And even if they did do it, there's no guarantee that it'll be even half as good as what we have in SA2B.

A Chao Garden Mobile game is a possibility, but it wouldn't be as good simply because the Chao Garden in SA2B encouraged you to replay levels over and over to collect Rings, Chaos Drives, and Animals for your Chao. The main game and the Chao Garden kinda helped each other create a cycle that people can play for hours and hours, and that wouldn't be possible if the Speed Stages and the Chao raising weren't fun separately. I don't think a Chao Garden mobile game could accomplish what SA2B did.

That's just perfect in every way.

I would gladly trade those boring ass lifeless 3D cutscenes for these 2D animations beauty. This is such a better way to tell the story if Sonic Team can't animate for shit with their in-game 3D models.

Real talk tho', these guys should take control of Sonic as a whole already :V

• Thumbs Up 2

7 minutes ago, Jango said:

That's just perfect in every way.

I would gladly trade those boring ass lifeless 3D cutscenes for these 2D animations beauty. This is such a better way to tell the story if Sonic Team can't animate for shit with their in-game 3D models.

Though Marza and to a lesser extent OuiDo can do a superior job with 3D models.

13 minutes ago, Jango said:

Yes let Tyson Hess, Jasmin Hernandez and Ian Flynn and all the american division (except Pontaff) replace Sonic Team. Let Sonic team only be producers.

• Fist Bump 1

Just now, Wraith said:

Every good thing that happens will be turned into an excuse to cry about Sonic Team.

When in reality the biggest calamities (RoL, the media die-off, Sleep Paralysis Fever Dream Sonic trailer) had little to do with them 

1 minute ago, Wraith said:

Every good thing that happens will be turned into an excuse to cry about Sonic Team.

You're right, let's enjoy that Sonic Team acknowledges the fans and green-lit these shorts.

• Thumbs Up 1

That was adorable! Are holiday shorts just going to be a thing from now on (on top of stuff to directly promote new games, I'm sure) because I'd be cool with that...

Here's a thread from Tyson Hesse going into detail about who worked on what.

...Also this is really minor but I'm guessing Sonic's line at the end is recycled from something, if so does anyone know where?

• Thumbs Up 4

8 minutes ago, Celestia said:

...Also this is really minor but I'm guessing Sonic's line at the end is recycled from something, if so does anyone know where?

Only Sonic's scream is recycled...

Sonic does a SA1 drowning pose in the Chao garden...which...is also a reference that you can drown in the Chao Garden.

That's unfortunately to specific to be intentional both ways.