Awoo.

Sonic the Hedgehog 4

Aquaslash

"Woe on me!

Aww... completly 3D? That means my days of crazy camera angles, fast-paced action, and epic dizzy turns and dives is coming to an end... All of that work, from the homing attack, to the Adventure feilds, to the ring boost... wasted. What about characters like Blaze and Shadow? What about a story? Will they throw that out too? And... WHAT? Sonic looks different! No! Not my Sonic, they can't do that! I swear, unless they are using the old design or creating a decent hybrid... They just can't re-design him again! There's nothing really wrong with the version we have now, or the classic version for that matter! Aww... Sonic, just... stop it!"

We already have plenty of modern Sonic games though, all with Shadow, all with Blaze, all with stories, and all with the new green-eyed Sonic. Is it really so wrong just to have one new classic Sonic game without the inclusion of all the things that make up modern Sonic? I'm sure it's just one game. If not, it will probably be it's own line of games. I'm sure it won't interfere with what modern Sonic has going for it.

All I can say is I'm at least glad Sega is trying. I'm one of those people who believe it's the thought that counts, ya know. Even if they don't recapture classic Sonic 100%, I'm still happy they tried this time. But that doesn't mean I'll spend my money on it, not if isn't fun to play anyway.

http://needlemouse.com isn't legit SEGA

SEGA america has a blog entry up, and they didn't mention the site at all, just thought I would get this info out in the open in case it hasn't already been.

Intriguing. So that art might not even be from the game at all?

Edited by Maruyama

Despite me being a fan from the classics and Sonic 2 being my favorite all time game. I can't help but feel disappointed by this news. Like someone said earlier it feels like a cop out and are giving into the fanboys screaming "SONIC CAN ONLY WORK IN 2D!!!" I don't believe that Sonic only works in 2D and I think it's silly to believe so. With every problem there is always some type of solution. Sonic just has to find his niche in 3D and I believe they are almost there. Sonic holds a lot of potential in 3D in terms of both game play and story as well. This announcement to me feels like they are somewhat throwing in the towel, even though they didn't say they are giving up 3D Sonic. Still kinda feels like it though. :unsure:

Hopefully it will be better then I think it will be. I don't really want to play as only Sonic (even though he's one of my favorite characters), I would like the option to play as Tails, Knuckle and Amy as well. I guess the only thing to do right now is wait and see what happens.

Edited by Genesis

Wow, I haven't been on Sonic Stadium for days and suddenly my boyfriend shows me this, so I just HAD to come back to check it out! OoO

Project Needlemouse...hmm. Well I'm excited I guess. Just I don't want it's a Sonic and Eggman only game. That would bore me to tears. >.>

Wow, I haven't been on Sonic Stadium for days and suddenly my boyfriend shows me this, so I just HAD to come back to check it out! OoO

Project Needlemouse...hmm. Well I'm excited I guess. Just I don't want it's a Sonic and Eggman only game. That would bore me to tears. >.>

The interview:

Tails and Knuckles, to me, are essential to Sonic.

I think the one character that has yet to find his place is Bark the Polar Bear. I hope he does eventually. It’d be nice to have a cool bear character.

I am hugely intrigued.

Edited by Blue Blood

We already have plenty of modern Sonic games though, all with Shadow, all with Blaze, all with stories, and all with the new green-eyed Sonic. Is it really so wrong just to have one new classic Sonic game without the inclusion of all the things that make up modern Sonic? I'm sure it's just one game. If not, it will probably be it's own line of games. I'm sure it won't interfere with what modern Sonic has going for it.

I wasn't complaining that Blaze or Shadow or a story might/will not be in the game. And I was wondering if they got rid of them. That's why I said they better be using the OLD design or a hybrid. Old as in classic, as in original. <_<;) Anyway, I was wondering what would happen. SEGA's created a bit of a continuee with Sonic, so suddenly not including certain elements would seem strange to me. Besides, that was my 'DIS GAM RUINZ SAWNIK' Rant. I'm not saying it would be bad to not include everything in a single game, I was just wondering if they will ever appear again. I guess time will tell. :lol:

*folds arms*

No Sega, I will not get hyped for this game. You have an incredible track record of screwing up something good. Even though the return to 2d(HD at that) makes me happy.

-*to those that don't like the return of 2d* Get over yourselves. You have half a dozen crappy emerald hunting, Big fishing, and Werehog-games you can play until you're blue in the face. Sega has had TEN years to make a great 3d Sonic game and have failed at every occasion. Its time to go back to what works.

I'm going to stay well away from all discussion cause I know I will be controversial, sufficient to say my old comments stand.

The sooner Sonic fans realise that they make up probably less than 10% of the sales of any Sonic game, the sooner they will realise why no game will ever be aimed at them again

I'm not hyping this game either, unless I see more of it and it looks AMAZING. I have a feeling there will be some kind of drawback to it. =[

*folds arms*

No Sega, I will not get hyped for this game. You have an incredible track record of screwing up something good. Even though the return to 2d(HD at that) makes me happy.

-*to those that don't like the return of 2d* Get over yourselves. You have half a dozen crappy emerald hunting, Big fishing, and Werehog-games you can play until you're blue in the face. Sega has had TEN years to make a great 3d Sonic game and have failed at every occasion. Its time to go back to what works.

It's not like I dislike the return to 2D, many of my favourite Sonic games are 2D, it's just that I feel like Sonic can work in 3D, and SHOULD work in 3D. Just for whatever reason they can't make it. To me, the 'going back to the basics' sort of feels like everything from the past 10 years has been a waste... I don't know, the game sounds good from what I know. But I hope they do attempt 3D again, and not just give up. Really, I can't think straight right now, so I can't be held responsible for my posts, because I don't think they make much sense! ^_^;

*to those that don't like the return of 2d* Get over yourselves. You have half a dozen crappy emerald hunting, Big fishing, and Werehog-games you can play until you're blue in the face. Sega has had TEN years to make a great 3d Sonic game and have failed at every occasion. Its time to go back to what works.

It's shitty attitudes like this that only further facilitate the divide within the fandom. -_-

The sooner Sonic fans realise that they make up probably less than 10% of the sales of any Sonic game, the sooner they will realise why no game will ever be aimed at them again

Isn't that a bit of an ironic statement now going off what we know about this project? Honestly, Sega couldn't be anymore on the bulls eye as far as catering to the nostalgic crowd is concerned.

I'm going to stay well away from all discussion cause I know I will be controversial, sufficient to say my old comments stand.

Not that I disagree with you in that quote (actually I agree) but if they are not aiming at the fans, then why even do a purely 2D Sonic game? From what I can tell it's really only the classic fanboys demanding a purely 2D game.

Potentially, it could work in 3d. Buts its been a whole decade of 3d games anywhre from halfway decent to absolute garbage.

Some things just work better in 2d. Metal Slug, Contra, Street Fighter(still played on a 2d plane), Castlevania(ALTHOUGH THIS COULD CHANGE SOON), etc. Sonic's could be one for that list as well.

*folds arms*

You have a very subjective post there.

That was from AAUKs Twitter profile AKA SonicWrecks.

It's called NDAs, Non disclosure agreements.

Not that I disagree with you in that quote (actually I agree) but if they are not aiming at the fans, then why even do a purely 2D Sonic game? From what I can tell it's really only the classic fanboys demanding a purely 2D game.

Call it marketing ploy!

Knowing Sonic Team, now a-days, there's going to be kind of catch. This sounds too good to be true.

"Hmm, 2d Sonic game, HD graphics, 14 levels with two Sonic 3/Knuckles length acts each, clever boss fights, fantastic soundtrack...I think we need to add some Big the Cat fishing levels and Shadow railgun sections. Ya know, FOR THE KIDS"

"Ya know, I was really hoping we could get Lady Gaga and her producers to do the soundtrack this time."

"We have to extend the gameplay. I'm thinking about a Guitar Hero-minigame every 5 minutes, because thats really popular nowadays and Sonic is totally hip, son."

^ I was just saying the Game has been in production for awhile.

I would have thought the game has been in development for at a minimum a year.

I understand that Sonic hasn't been doing spectacular lately, but dang, all the hate for a Sonic game that hasn't had ANY footage revealed of it yet? You people are too weird for me.

Hmm, this should be interesting. As long as they do it right, otherwise Sonic may loose all face.

"He's crap nowerdays in 3D and then SEGA try him in 2D and he still sucks. Maybe it's time to put this hog down." - I can already hear the reviewers say if the game turns out bad.

Not to say that it should, it looks promising. I can't wait to see what the style is, classic with a touch of new Sonic and a whole load of gorgeous modern graphics thrown in? Yes please :P

As long as it's released as Wii Ware, i'll be happy!

"Hmm, 2d Sonic game, HD graphics, 14 levels with two Sonic 3/Knuckles length acts each, clever boss fights, fantastic soundtrack...I think we need to add some Big the Cat fishing levels and Shadow railgun sections. Ya know, FOR THE KIDS"

"Ya know, I was really hoping we could get Lady Gaga and her producers to do the soundtrack this time."

"We have to extend the gameplay. I'm thinking about a Guitar Hero-minigame every 5 minutes, because thats really popular nowadays and Sonic is totally hip, son."

Lady Ga Ga has a penis. Also, LOL.

For those concerned (or excited) about this being the end of 3D Sonic, Stories, Shadow and Other characters, etc...have you guys even read the interview? All of that is still here to stay.

I swear it's like the inverse is happening with classic and modern fans, with Modern ones getting too worked up over this game. Do you guys really think this ONE Classic game is going to spell the end of 3D Sonic? They're still going to do 3D, but this is just something different (well not really, but you know what I mean).

They've catered to newer fans, while trying to attract older fans with the recent games. Now this is just giving what older fans want for a long time. But that doesn't mean they're going to forget everyone else and go back to 1991-1994 for good. We of all people familiara with Sonic should know better than that.

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic

For what Sonic model they should use, I think they need to go with the Unleashed model.

He was cut back from being the lanky and sometimes awkward looking Adventure and '06 Sonic, and he's rounder and proportioned more like classic "cute" Sonic. It's a perfect compromise in design IMO, and it's the most recent Sonic model, so people know it.

Edited by Ezra the Badnik

My brain is telling me to be cautious because even the most promising first glimpses of Sonic games have looked awesome (Unleashed) they