Awoo.

Sonic the Hedgehog 4

Aquaslash

Sorry but in that pic... Sonic doesn't look right runing down that tiny hill. He even looks like he's walking and they only added a blurring effect to make us think he's running....

Seeing the water like it is... doesn't feel right. It looks like jell-o

The fish... it doesn't even looked like it juped out of the water.... there's even the lower fish that in front of the water not in it.

Tails looks too tall in his plane... Even the place doesn't look right! I'm trying to compare it to the gen era plane and darn, it looks like its been made with play-doh or something like that... or too metallic made.

We can barely see the spike in front of Sonic... way to go to make the game already a piss off matter....

Hell, why did hey keep the only sprite Sonic life icon when they could have made a better one or one that fits with the rest of this... blank atmosphere?

Like Dio said... its dull, emotionless, lifeless, static and IMO i'd be having a blank feeling if I were to play it like in the picture... No fun, no hate.... Nothing.

Edited by Unholy Sønic

It looks alright as far as that kind of fan-made thing goes (it's better than that super-blurry picture that was being thrown around a hundred pages ago), but it falls into the same trap as '06: combining the blatantly cartoony with the realistic. The result isn't awful so much as it's just schizophrenic. There are some elements of it that look nice, to be sure, but overall it looks less like Green Hill Zone and more like Depressingly Neglected Parking Lot Hill Zone.

I will say this that screenshot I am 100% sure is fake.

-It looks fanmade.

-The lighting on the palmtrees is wrong

-The models look horrendous

-The resolution would never work on a TV screen

-The badniks are in the wrong style, they don't fit with the Crab at all's style.

So calling absolute BS.

Also Tristan has been getting on my nerves lately. He reminds me of those very arrogant news reporters in horror movies that go to get the scoop no matter what the cost, even other peoples lives. Self-absorbed and just seems to be stirring up controversy to be first and to get the first scoop, when in reality all he's doing is causing problems for other people with no skin off his bones.

At least in the horror movies people like that die brutal deaths.

Edited by Dusk the Fragile Keeper

The picture's probably a fake, but I think it looks rather nice. If it were real, I'd see it as a good sign seeing the classic style monitor, a slope that leads to a quarter pipe(although I see spikes there so maybe the spin dash will actually have importance again?), floating platforms and stuff.

Like I said, it's probably not real.

The pic's definitely fan-made I was just saying it would be good if the game looked like that but with more life and colour.

Also Tristan has been getting on my nerves lately. He reminds me of those very arrogant news reporters in horror movies that go to get the scoop no matter what the cost, even other peoples lives. Self-absorbed and just seems to be stirring up controversy to be first and to get the first scoop, when in reality all he's doing is causing problems for other people with no skin off his bones.

Totally agree, I recently tried to call some sort of truce between us if we can all just be civil on the rival websites kind of thing but recently with all the shit he's been stirring no matter who gets hurt, my hate for him is re-building :lol:

I will say this that screenshot I am 100% sure is fake.

-It looks fanmade.

-The lighting on the palmtrees is wrong

-The models look horrendous

-The resolution would never work on a TV screen

-The badniks are in the wrong style, they don't fit with the Crab at all's style.

So calling absolute BS.

Of course. Only the Sonic fandumb's most honorable weirdos get their own ED page: *snip* not safe for work, love SSMB staff.

God, I'm surfing all the big boards and it's rather unsettling seeing how emotional everyone is getting over this game. It's got a lot riding on it, there's a very ominous ambiance blanketing the fanbase right now. I've personally never witnessed this much fervor.

Oh, and I'm with everyone else when I say that 'screenshot' is dreadful.

Edited by remz

Taxman:

"Alright, I just woke up to this wackiness this morning. No it's definitely not me. And I'm not involved with Project Needlemouse. That is all"

So thats that.

Of course. Only the Sonic fandumb's most honorable weirdos get their own ED page-

Jesus, dude, take that link off! Never link to Encyclopedia Dramatica EVER. NSFW is an understatement.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

Lol! Sorry :lol:

Does anyone know how to convert GameTrailers player to YouTube? I've made a Community Blog post about it but Word Press doesn't have an option for GameTrailers video's.

Screw Attack gives their members "G1 points" for reporting screw attack videos uploaded without their permission.

Runner over at Sonic Retro PDF'd the 4chan stuff before it got 404'd -

http://www.fileden.c...64/TheVidya.pdf

*goes to read the BS*

EDIT:

Read it and yeah, stinks of BS :lol:

Are the people there always as bad as in that thread? Wow..

I hoe the game isn't like Sonic CD. Its my least favorite of the old 16-bit games. They should go in direction of S3&K, even though they've already said Sonics the only playable character.

And Sonic CD came out for I-Phone? O_O

Edited by MarcelloF

Are the people there always as bad as in that thread? Wow..

Not sure what you're on about here.

I hoe the game isn't like Sonic CD. Its my least favorite of the old 16-bit games. They should go in direction of S3&K, even though they've already said Sonics the only playable character.

And Sonic CD came out for I-Phone? O_O

The Taxman was pitched the idea to Sega, he's been working on a recreation of the engine for a while now.

^ Where did that come from?! ^

Totally would've used that if a certain someone didn't already use it as their avatar. Thought on second though, looking at it up close, it's not very smooth and could use a little polish. But other than that it's probably the sexiest classic Sonic render I've ever seen, even if it is a heavily Photoshopped Unleashed render.

EDIT: BAM!

Sonic_Unleashed_Review.jpgstonesoup.png

Oh Sonic, how you've grown.

Edited by Black Spy

^ Where did that come from?! ^

Totally would've used that if a certain someone didn't already use it as their avatar. Though on second though, looking at it up close, it's not very smooth and could use a little polish.

Sonic Retro from the thread "How would you redesign Sonic the Hedgehog?". As you can see, it not a redesign at all but how would classic sonic would look in 3d by photoshoping the unleashed model. That said, I like it and I wonder how other characters would look rendered in a classical style, even modern characters.

Edited by Burning Neoxor

He looks bloated. Even moreso than usual, I mean. And those spikes look flimsy.

Eh...it certainly isn't as bad as the ones that led up to it, and it beats out the old Western assface Sonic, but something about it really rubs me the wrong way.

Amusingly cute face, but those proportions are godawful; He looks stricken with dwarfism or something. We need a much better fusion of the two designs than that, or more preferably, a new design altogether.

He looks bloated. Even moreso than usual, I mean. And those spikes look flimsy.

It seems kind of strange to me that shorter, less tapered quills would look less sturdy to you. I'd expect the opposite.

But yeah, his body is still a bit too big compared to his head. That shop has it at what looks like 80%, most other pictures put it at about 66% to 50%.

Might as well post this old thing from 4chan:

goodsoniccopy.png

It seems kind of strange to me that shorter, less tapered quills would look less sturdy to you. I'd expect the opposite.
Maybe "flimsy" isn't the right word...I kind of get the sense of cardboard, so it's not really floppy-flimsy like some of the modern Sonics, but it's not something that would stand up to much abuse either. Maybe it's just the art style...

Then it probably has more to do with how that picture has a disregard for perspective when it comes to the quills, much like the classic artwork. That was basically the reason why Sonic's new design exists at all.

goodsoniccopy.png

This one is actually a lot better. If this game uses 3D models instead of sprites, it should look like this.