Awoo.

Sonic the Hedgehog 4

Aquaslash

No, they're crows from Billy Hatcher. Makes sense, since Blizzard Castle is from that game. Oh and BTW, wrong topic.

stonesoup.png

Hey guys, check this out.

I like this one, but his stomach is oddly shaped. He should be a little thinner and shaped better.

It seems kind of strange to me that shorter, less tapered quills would look less sturdy to you. I'd expect the opposite.

But yeah, his body is still a bit too big compared to his head. That shop has it at what looks like 80%, most other pictures put it at about 66% to 50%.

Might as well post this old thing from 4chan:

goodsoniccopy.png

Sonic looks pregnant and he has gorilla arms xD.

• Thumbs Up 1

No, they're crows from Billy Hatcher. Makes sense, since Blizzard Castle is from that game. Oh and BTW, wrong topic.

Ooops!I feel shame!Sorry!

I wonder what's going to happen after this game gets released and if it don't get good score?

Best models ever

<<<<<<<<<<<<<< right here

Actually... I like them! I'm not so sure if the will cell-shading work often, but the proportions are nice. Sonic's short but "dynamic", chubby but not overly so, his quills and facial stucture is a nice mix of old and new... did this game ever get it's own character models? (Other than th box art)

"Deformed" is purely relative, since Sonic's proportions are nothing like any humanoid or animal in existence anyway. So it's basic preference... some like Sonic more lean and leggy with longer more curved spines, some like him more compact and pudgy with shorted more jagged spines. And some like any midway combination. He can't really be deformed when he's always had unrealistic and silly proportions to begin with XD;

"Deformed" is purely relative, since Sonic's proportions are nothing like any humanoid or animal in existence anyway. So it's basic preference... some like Sonic more lean and leggy with longer more curved spines, some like him more compact and pudgy with shorted more jagged spines. And some like any midway combination. He can't really be deformed when he's always had unrealistic and silly proportions to begin with XD;

i like you!

i totaly agree with that!

so, whos got some juicy screen caps? XP

I think Adventure 2's models were the BEST I ever seen for sonic. He actually LOOKS like he can go fast with that design.

I think Adventure 2's models were the BEST I ever seen for sonic. He actually LOOKS like he can go fast with that design.

I agree. He looked great in Sonic Adventure 2. I was significantly disappointed with Sonic Heroes' approach. His spikes looked longer than he was tall. >_< Then again, I thought the whole game was tragically awful, so... bleh.

• Thumbs Up 2

Actually... I like them! I'm not so sure if the will cell-shading work often, but the proportions are nice. Sonic's short but "dynamic", chubby but not overly so, his quills and facial stucture is a nice mix of old and new... did this game ever get it's own character models? (Other than th box art)

No, in game they just looked like celshaded sa(dc) models. I always hoped that they would look like the sonic shuffle opening in the future, with just slighly shorter quills he would be the perfect model imo.

They aimed for a remodel that looked better than the classic model. Honestly i love the classic one to death, but i also liked how they were making him look in "the new era", and sonic shuffle intro was the perfect example.

Than sa 2 came and it went all wrong ;)

SEGA's teasing us, they've changed their forum header to Sonic sprites :lol: -

logo2.jpg

http://forums.sega.com/

I'm pretty sure it wasn't like that earlier or for the past how many months.

• Thumbs Up 3

^ Damnit, I was just about to post that :U.

But yeah, it might be a tease.

Edited by PSI Wind FTW!

Ah... I know what it means. Clever.

Shame I can't tell you though :P

Haha yep, me too.

Gonna be awesome once people finally know. Sega you're smart, wish I could say why though. :)

• Thumbs Up 1

Wow, I completely forgot about this game over others coming out this year, haha.

I take it SEGA haven't revealed any vital info, I hope it uses old school sprites, mainly the Sonic 3 ones, they are the best ones in my opinion.

So just to clarify, has it been announced whether this will be a XBLA/PSN game or a full disc? I'm not up to speed (Pun intended)

Is it because there are four Sonics? Sonic 4? :huh:

Yeah, seeing the old Sonic 1 sprites in the banner like that suddenly got me extremely excited, though! I wouldn't complain if they used Sonics look from the first game... they still look fantastic in my opinion. Looking forward to see some more information about this game sometime in the near future- it's probably the game I'm most excited for this year! XD

Notice Sonic's actually walking backwards there. Maybe it means something related to "going back"?

Yeah, I'm gunna bet my money on this too! :lol:

Edited by bolt7

Ah... I know what it means. Clever.

Shame I can't tell you though :P

If it has anything to do with the name of the game...reply by typing and posting the word "pie" in this topic. Otherwise, link a picture of a kitten to my profile v.gif