Awoo.

Sonic the Hedgehog 4

Aquaslash

I just had a go at drawing Whisp from Sonic 2's Aquatic Ruin Zone and failed terribly so I'm going to root you guys on instead :lol:

That's the spirit!

Aww c'mon, Shadz. Take a look at the talent on the blog post... everything from epic artistic talent to silly childlike scribbles... but it's all good! Hey, if I entered, you can too. DON'T LET THE SIDE DOWN.

Hi, this one took me about one or two hours to complete and I hope it makes a good addition to the challenge.

It's Valkiry (or Balkiry) from Sonic 2.

Valkiry_in_Colors_by_Shadic15.jpg

Edited by Shadic15
  • Thumbs Up 1

I decided to finish my modern version of Whisp in the end, my felt tip pens wouldn't co-operate most of the time so the colour came out bad.

Here it is -

9jjeol.jpg

Note to self: Don't buy cheap felt tip pens ever again :lol:

• Thumbs Up 2

^ Ha ha, the kind that dry out in your hand after two minutes coloring with them?

This is the best contest ever. People from all corners of the fandom drawing Badniks! I'd get in there in a second, but I have no scanner or even camera.

Caterkiller or Buzzbomer would be my choice. Anyone working on a Buzzbomber? I think I'm gonna draw one anyways and see if I can get him up. :D

^ Ha ha, the kind that dry out in your hand after two minutes coloring with them?

This is the best contest ever. People from all corners of the fandom drawing Badniks! I'd get in there in a second, but I have no scanner or even camera.

Caterkiller or Buzzbomer would be my choice. Anyone working on a Buzzbomber? I think I'm gonna draw one anyways and see if I can get him up. :D

Yep, that kind :lol:

Libraries normally have scanners they let people use, do you have one nearby? Do you have any friends/family that might have a scanner or camera?

I get the feeling that this contest isn't ALL inspired by Trakker's concept art. Remember just recently we've heard rumours that Needlemouse's real name is Sonic 4 and we even apparently heard the name of the first zone (I've forgotten what it was...). In this contest, should we succeed we will learn the real name and see concept art from the first zone, these results will either prove the rumour true or false, I'm betting false. But I wouldn't be surprised if this was their main purpose to hold this contest, to stop the rumours.

As for the special reward, I can't help but think screenshots or other visuals from the game (trailer?...not so sure), the fact that they call this one an 'a very cool extra bonus' compared to the past where it was just a little something that was cool.

And finally, as for what I'll be submitting. I think I've got my mind set on the idea of re-designing Gola, I have ideas of how that one can look :P I'll get doodling.

fireworm.png

Worst fake concept art ever. Submitted it though!

Don't look on the blog for it, I e-mailed it :B

Edited by DarkOverord

fireworm.png

Worst fake concept art ever. Submitted it though!

Don't look on the blog for it, I e-mailed it :B

That's quite cool actually, you've given it a volcanic look.

It's been a while.

It's been a long time.....................................

..............since I've drawn something from the Sonic world.

And SEGA is beckoning to us... for us to draw badniks for them.

...I will meet this challenge armed with a sketchpad, pencil, colored pencils and a scanner.

...friends and amigos, I shall return, and my next post will include my biggest badnik project ever.

Who will it be? Heh... let's just say you won't see it coming.

EDIT: It's easier to do this on the computer. I'll do it there instead.

also <3 motobug art

Edited by Indigo Dude

You guys are asses. Especially Flyboy Fox for saying he sucks at drawing, yet his picture his alot better than my total copy with 2 or 3 changes.. :angry:

Heres mine: Its Monkey Dude from Sonic 3 & Knuckles.... I was thinking of doing Catterkiller, but I decided he was too hard. xD.

MonkeyDude.jpg

Seriously, I just added a whole bunch of pointless lines , the banana tail tip, and the Monkey writing on his helmet >_>. And the most embarrasing thing is, is that I'm actually proud of it :-/. The arm on the left, I scribbled in like 2 seconds after seeing Adamis' picture xD Its colored with colored pencils, because I only have Paint and I hat markers and own no crayons.. The scan quality makes it even worse and to my defense I drew it while laying on my bed...:unsure:

I do love my Banana tail idea, though. Is that arrogance? xD

What did you color yours with Adamis? It looks fantastic! I wish I could color like that. :o

Edit: You guys do know that its one entry per person, right? If it wasn't Id've also done a Spiker xD He'S probably the easiest. Him and Bloominator

Edited by MarcelloF

Man I wish I can draw as good as you gais. D:

Here at school, got nothing to do, not technically a drawing, but still a badnik overall

caterkiller.png

Might actually draw something when I get home today. Forgot to bring pencils today >>

• Thumbs Up 2

Man I wish I can draw as good as you gais. D:

Here at school, got nothing to do, not technically a drawing, but still a badnik overall

caterkiller.png

Might actually draw something when I get home today. Forgot to bring pencils today >>

Why need to draw when you can 3D model like that? Fantastic stuff- and it's sure to be as valid an entry as any of the drawings submitted!

I'm trying to draw the Spiker from Hill Top Zone, but failing quite badly. My girlfriend drew and submitted the Snail enemy from Sonic CD (forget its name.) She didn't put much effort into making it look updated though, but saying that she did disappear and reappear after 2 minutes with it finished. =X

rwqpo8.jpg

I was also getting into my 'hyper excited fanboy' mode, thinking what if the opening Zone had remixed music from the old games? Imagine Act 1 with a Green Hill remix... Act 2 with an Emerald Hill one and if they do have an Act 3, Angel Island (Act 2) would be brilliant! =P They could sound something like http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjLo5jTn-IQ, maybe...

Y'know with all this stuff being headed by SOA (and SOE having no idea about it) I'm starting to wonder just who is developing this game, cause from where I am standing it's SOA.

• Thumbs Up 1

Hey guys, I know the name of the game. SEGA told me. I'm not aloud to tell, because I'll get fired, but I'll sacrifice myself...

Its called Sonic & Marcello, for short SM

:)

I think the name is pretty fantastic!

Anyway I think SEGA is really cool with what they are doing. I hope they do something like this for the next game, too. I won't be able to do anything, because I'm going to get fired ;)

I don't know any other infos, however, so I can't say what the bonus will be! I'm hoping for a trailer or Sonic concept art.

Edit: I wonder if S0L will be in the game...

Edit2: Why the hell isn't my Monkey Dude comment being accepted at the blog >=O?

Edit 3: Barry what font is that in your picture? I like it...

Edited by MarcelloF

Y'know with all this stuff being headed by SOA (and SOE having no idea about it) I'm starting to wonder just who is developing this game, cause from where I am standing it's SOA.

SOA, it's obvious. SOE do know, if you click blogs there's a link to it. Partly 'cus their sites share the same design seen as they're SEGA West now :V

Tekton Pro, its my alternative to Comic Sans. :)

http://www.searchfre...pro-regular.htm

Awesome, thanks!

@Flyboy Fox: My 6-year-old sister really likes your Masher. I was showing her all the pics and when I was by yours, she said "Oh, wow! That one is really good!":D No joke. She is a sick girl. She drew a piture of a monster with eyeballs and guts in its hands and got my mom to write a note on the back of it saying that the monster would kill me if I don't go to bed early O_O

Here's my submission for the Needlemouse Challenge. I've already posted it over on the SEGA blogs, so what do you all think?

Unidus.png

Dude, srsly, WTF is wrong with that blog? My comment has been 'awaiting moderation' for almost six hours now and even on other computers, my post won't show up at all.

Dude, srsly, WTF is wrong with that blog? My comment has been 'awaiting moderation' for almost six hours now and even on other computers, my post won't show up at all.

Try sending a Personal Message or E-Mail in as well? I don't see why they wouldn't accept it. =X

You have to wait for one of the US blog team to approve it, I guess they ain't started work yet.