Awoo.

Sonic the Hedgehog 4

Aquaslash

Crawlton__Needlemouse_by_StasisDesigns.jpg

Orbinaut__Needlemouse_by_StasisDesigns.jpg

Buzz_Bomber__Needlemouse_by_StasisDesigns.jpg

Robotniks' funds are running low, so he's had to result in bread-based badniks. Take that, Sonic!

No more bread! Tomorrow is shopping day, so who knows what Badniks will be making an appearance.

Edited by Stasis
  • Thumbs Up 3

I propose the name breadniks if no-body has yet. XD Looking great, I'm sure these food related ones are bound to feature on the blog!

• Thumbs Up 1

: P Haven't drawn in awhile, and this seemed like a quick, fun way to contribute to something that looks rather cool. Another Cluckoid hahaha

cluckoid.png

Foodniks

Dammit, now I'm getting hungry. And damn, I didn't see my post on the blog. I'll try again tomorrow. This is getting fun and I've loved modeling that badnik.

I think I know what defines a classic badnik.

The eyes.

I mean seriously. Look at the eyes on a majority of the badniks. They're all cartoony googly eyes! What robot has those? I'll answer that for you. Badniks do.

See for yourself..

Motobug.pngOrbinaut.pngRoller.pngBuzzer.pngClucker.png

Octus.pngSonic3%26K_Badnik_Clamer.PNGSonic3%26K_Badnik_Penguinator.PNGSonic3%26K_Badnik_Monkey_Dude.PNGBlaster_art_sk_manual.pngSonic3%26K_Badnik_Cluckoid.PNGSonic3%26K_Badnik_Spikebonker.PNGBata-pyon.PNGNoro-Noro.PNGPata-Bata.PNG

DON'T FORGET THE GOOGLY EYES.

Edited by Indigo Dude
  • Thumbs Up 1

^ Hah, you know, I also noticed that today while I was drawing my Cluckoid. Considering how long I've been a Sonic fan, I can't believe it took me that long to notice. XD

I've gotta say, some of your guys' work is pretty great, so I feel a little underwhelming here, but I might as well post my submission. I chose to redesign one of my favorite Badniks of all time, the original Mecha Sonic!

mechasonicmki.png

Oops, I just realized I forgot to color in his left elbow joint. Damn! :rolleyes:

Edited by Brianzilla2004

Rubbed this one out real quick between my classes.

coconutscopy.png

Posted a sketch without Sonic and Tails on the blog. XD Sorry, this game has me stoked so I had to get them out of my system.

Oh my, that is excellent.

• Thumbs Up 1

Rubbed this one out real quick between my classes.

coconutscopy.png

Posted a sketch without Sonic and Tails on the blog. XD Sorry, this game has me stoked so I had to get them out of my system.

This has to be my favorite so far just because of the whole scene behind it.

I better draw something too!

Oh my gawd, I saw these comments on the offical sega blog.

I agree with comment 140, this game has to be on Wii. Please SEGA don’t forget us Wii owners. Don’t make this a repeat of Sonic ‘06.

:lol:

If Sega doesn’t release this game on the Wii, I will never again buy any game released by them. Just look at the success Nintendo has had with NSMB. Us Wii owners are chomping at the bit to get a Sonic game with the same retro goodness.

I feel sorry for people who only have Wii's to play games on.

It's 2010, you should have a PS3 or 360 by now. Get a job, do some chores.. DO SOMETHING and save up $200/$300 to buy an Xbox 360 or PS3.

I bet we'll see game play of Project Needlemouse at the Microsoft X10 event.. at least.. that's what I'm hoping. Can't believe we're going to know the name of the game next week. And, have some concept art of the first level... can't wait.

Edited by 220

Hey guys! Motobug is more than just a bit of pretty art

Project Needlemouse - Concept Art #2

save it onto desktop, check properties for comments and check out the date, this was made back in MAY 2009. Also February's gonna be a good month

I agree. While it's understandable not everyone can own every console under the sun, I just wish people would stop knocking this game down before we've heard any 100% concrete release details yet. 8/

Anyway, here's my entry! As if it wasn't bleeding obvious, I'm no artist. That's my misses' job. After seeing all your entries I really wanted to contribute though, so here's my absolutely-crap-but-had-fun-doing-it concept art of Sonic 2's Spiker enemy.

Spiker.png

Edit: Weird, I cut bits out of this and you really couldn't see any difference on the monitor I was working on. It really shows up on this display... oh well, it's only concept art. XD

Edited by bolt7

This challenge is great, I absolutely love seeing everyones artwork :D

Anyway, here is my entry - I really had fun doing this :)

2urpj52.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

Y'know with all this stuff being headed by SOA (and SOE having no idea about it) I'm starting to wonder just who is developing this game, cause from where I am standing it's SOA.

Well, the concept art was blatantly made by a Japanese guy, unless someone wrote in the Japanese text in there for the hell of it, it's probably Sonic Team.

^Japanese working with SoA on old-school Sonic game? Worked for Sonic 2!

Back in the day, yes. But Sonic Team has pretty much done every console platformer Sonic game since S3&K. And they outright ignored SoA and SoE's reccomendations to get rid of the Werehog. It just doesn't seem likely.

• Thumbs Up 1

Because everything's better with suicidal penguin robots.

Needlemouse_Challenge_Entry_by_HunterTSF.jpg

Ah, Penguinator's troubled younger brother. He doesn't talk about him much, for obvious reasons.

Ah, Penguinator's troubled younger brother. He doesn't talk about him much, for obvious reasons.

March of the exploding penguins :lol: It's said that every time a penguin bomber explodes in your game someone somewhere is making another I-Pad = Tampon joke.

There are some great pic's being made over at the GAF -

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=373631&page=99

March of the exploding penguins :lol: It's said that every time a penguin bomber explodes in your game someone somewhere is making another I-Pad = Tampon joke.

There are some great pic's being made over at the GAF -

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=373631&page=99

Hate to be a bubble burster but lots of those are coming from Sonic Retro and their quoting. They over there are producing some amazing stuff.

Hate to be a bubble burster but lots of those are coming from Sonic Retro and their quoting. They over there are producing some amazing stuff.

Cool, there are some fantastic artist's in the community. I bet by Monday we'll have 5 times the number of submissions we actually need to get in.

I made a couple things, what do you guys think?

qnn4vb.jpg

2w4ifj5.jpg

Took a couple hours...

EDIT:OMG...sorry bout the extremely huge pics

Edited by streetballa
  • Thumbs Up 3