Awoo.

Sonic the Hedgehog 4

Aquaslash

^I agree JezMM, the fact that people here are legitimately arguing about the eye color of a character that spends half the game as a ball and another 2/5ths running too damn fast to even notice is making me devote most my time to the SASAR topic, at least we got past the "Y ez it not Sawnic 2!?" phase in that there.

Three consoles and a portable is much more than the expected HD console only belief held prior to today.

I don't really know about this, man. While it is rational to keep my reservations about something I've only seen 3 seconds of, it's really hard not to jump to conclusions and wave my fist like a rampant Pro-lifer.

The homing attack does little to faze me; for its inclusion is probably going to be subtle and its role nominal such as in Sonic Advance. Who really used it? What bothers me with this video is the... well, blandness.

The classic games built off each other, they didn't just rehash the same tried-n'-true formula. I would like to have seen a game that looks like the classics and plays like them, but doesn't look like them in a way where they're just re-using the same ole shit. Does that make sense? The badniks for example - yeah, redesign maybe a couple old ones, but so far we've seen three badniks return and not a single new one. How about a NEW badnik that looks like it would've worked in the old games? How about a NEW first stage that looks like it could be compared with the older games instead of a Green Hill-meets-Emerald Hill-who-had-an-affair-with-Green Grove with seven coats of polish?

The passion is there but the creativity and originality isn't. I applaud them for their cause, I understand what they're trying to do, but these three seconds look very discouraging. Oh, and don't even get me started on that abysmal running animation.

All in all, this is Sonic the Hedgehog 4, a title that should adhere to what its prequels did in the following respects: new stages, new badniks, several new gimmicks, same tried n' true gameplay. It shouldn't be... Sonic 1/2/3 in a blender.

I dunno, man. My excitement has been kicked down a notch, but I do await more footage. They can still make the save with me.

Edited by nUcLeArEnVoY

sonic4.jpg

Not directed at you sega monkey.

I can't stand either the eyebrow or the mouth. But I was never satisfied with a model anyway. The american logo in the red/white strip looks weird as well. Eh. See, I can nitpick as well, and I'm quite the little bitch when I do. But I know this isn't important for the game's enjoyment either.

++ rant about the rings being way too big and unnecessary (and too much) dirt which screw the aesthesics.

Edited by redmenace

I keep going over and over everything that has been revealed today, and each time I look at something my opinion changes. I have now decided that I am 70% in favour of this game, even though it lacks Classic Sonic.

My reasons? The teaser trailer. It's absolute shit. All of it. Just look at it! It's been made by the same guys as the first teaser, but now they have been given certain props to use. All of the sprites are pathetic, with Sonic 1 stumbling, Sonic 2 being the beta sprites, and the Sonic 3 sprite moves back and fourth. The new Sonic/Badnik models are just placed in with a few extra effects added, especially where he 'runs' past the end sign. See good old eggy in the background? Yeah, he flies all over the goddamn place. SEGA have been kind enough to give them old versions of the new sprites too, considering the screenshot we have shows Sonic with cel-shading.

Right now, I'm gonna try my best to wait and see what unfolds with all this.

I think the mouth looks cool. And the Ass Face looks better than ever. I said it pages ago: It just isn't classic Sonic on the cover, if has no ass face (At least in America)

So yeah. Something silly.

Ffff. It means I'm gonna end up playing the wagglan version ): And I get a bad feeling it's going to be intrusive to gameplay and not something I can ignore.

I officially declare today, This Thursday, 4th of February, to be forever known by me as NEEDLEMOUSE DAY.

NEEDLEMOUSEDAY.png

Use this as your avatar or your signature for the remainder of the day to show your fan support and anticipation for the coming of Sonic 4! (Props to big Dread for cropping the original picture, I just made it look more forum friendly.)

-Iceman

Can someone please clear this up for me.

What has green eyes, and why are people complaining about it?

-Iceman

Sonic's eyes DUH... and some people are being complete ignorants about it.

I think the mouth looks cool. And the Ass Face looks better than ever. I said it pages ago: It just isn't classic Sonic on the cover, if has no ass face (At least in America)

Its nice to see the current Sonic model every once and awhile, but i really hoped for Ass face Sonic. There's hoping atleast ass face make it in ads and commercials, oh well no harm in dreaming eh?

Sorry i can't find the words to describe my feelings right now but i've got this to say: Wow Sega you really beat yourself, i mean five months and not a single word, yeah in the last moments you've kind of lost it but good show nontheless.

Can someone please clear this up for me.

What has green eyes, and why are people complaining about it?

-Iceman

Mr. Needlemouse himself, Sonic. I'm just hoping that it doesn't become the new 'grin'. Man, all this just from a few seconds of footage.

You know, it's weird. Loads of people complained that they wanted to see the same sort of style and environments as they're seeing now in Sonic 4. Now that they're seeing them, they're complaining that it's just a rehash. You can't have it both ways - Emerald Hill Zone looked like Green Hill Zone as Angel Island Zone looked like Aquatic Ruins Zone as did Flying Battery Zone looked like Wing Fortress Zone.

Stop bloody complaining, lol, you're getting what you want! You can call 'rehash' all you want, but it's obvious you're turning a blind eye to to the fact that every numbered Sonic game followed the exact same formula. The exact same graphics style, the exact same environments but with different names. You can't just say "Sonic 3 was awesom--- ONOS SONIC 4 LOOKS LIEK SONIC 2!!!" Because Sonic 3 bloody well looks like Sonic 2.

And the bits of Sonic 3 that don't look like Sonic 2 are the base sprites and character images. Which Sonic 4 is also changing up in the same fashion, but "OMG it looks SO different nowz itz gonna suk ballz!"

Could you guys get any more contradictory?

(Note that this isn't towards anyone in particular, just venting; you guys know who you are and if you're offended by the above, well tough shit really.)

---

On a more serene note, as much as this game is for the old fans that want a new adventure, it's for those who fell out of favour with Sonic years ago. The general gaming populace. When Sonic's been "out of favour" for over ten years, it makes sense to retread some old ground. It's like re-introducing yourself to a long-lost friend. And again, you've seen three seconds of one small segment of one Act of one Zone. This does not mean, in any way, that every single level is a 'rehash' (lawl) of an older Sonic level.

I really wish some of you guys would not jump the gun so much. Cautious optimism is one thing, but let's not cast any stones until we cross any bridges, eh?

• Thumbs Up 2

I officially declare today, This Thursday, 4th of Febuary, to be forever known by me as NEEDLEMOUSE DAY.

NEEDLEMOUSEDAY.png

Use this as your avatar for the remainder of the day to show your fan support and anticipation for the coming of Sonic 4! (Props to bid Dread for cropping the original picture, I just made it look more forum friendly.)

-Iceman

Can't we just put it in our sigs?

Can't we just put it in our sigs?

Either works really! It's only till the end of the day officially anyways, so go nuts!

-Iceman

I'm not trying to start a TSSZ slanging match but Tristan thinks SEGA might be messing about with us with that open website kit from earlier on and thinks we've been hysterical with our courage :huh:

You may guessed by now that we’re taking a bit of a different approach to today’s announcement. We are aware of some of the leaked information, but we’ll have a story on how some of it may be a hoax of Sega’s own doing soon. And as promised, our story checking the pulse of the community after the announcement is on its way. So keep checking back to TSSZ News for all the hype, without all the hysterics.

Wonder what he's got cooking? Again, I'm not trying to start a slanging match with TSSZ I'm just curious as to what he's talking about.

http://www.tssznews.com/2010/02/04/three-sonic-4-screenshots/

I am SOOOOOO looking forward to this.

I think a lot of people are just being picky lol.

Eggman, Iceman, awesome. I saved those <3

Heh, to be honest, after seeing this information I'm actually liking it BETTER than what we've seen before. Because before it kept looking like it might be like Megaman 9/10, where they even rehashed the old crappy graphics and music, as well. However, if this game actually has more modern graphics and music, I really like that. And it's still the modern-day design for Sonic, as well (which I prefer), all the while it has the classic themes intact.

Essentially its like New Super Mario Bros. Enhanced graphics with the modern appearance, but classic themes and gameplay. Something I do not mind at all.

As for Characters... since its post-StH3, I think we'll be seeing the classic trio and Eggman. More are possible, but I doubt we'll see them. Knuckles... well, I'll hold on Knuckles. I don't think he'll appear unless either A.) Eggman steals the Master Emerald, or B.) we have one other character (the only logical suggestions being either Fang or Rouge; Rouge being pretty much the only post-classic character who could possibly appear in a game chronologically before her debut) who winds up stealing the Master Emerald instead.

Otherwise, we've probably just got Sonic, Tails, and Eggman. Which I don't mind.

Oh, Homing Attack is in it? Yeah, but its not like you have to use it, or anything. And besides, it adds a little variety. If there's a chain of robots they can be homing attacked to get to a higher level that Sonic couldn't reach normally (which would be accessible by either Tails or Knuckles, whom aren't going to be playable), plus its just adding in a modern-day ability. No harm in that. If you don't use it, no problem.

Heh, a PC release would've been nice, since I don't have any current-gen consoles, but at least I plan on getting a Wii, so that will work as well.

I officially declare today, This Thursday, 4th of February, to be forever known by me as NEEDLEMOUSE DAY.

NEEDLEMOUSEDAY.png

Use this as your avatar or your signature for the remainder of the day to show your fan support and anticipation for the coming of Sonic 4! (Props to big Dread for cropping the original picture, I just made it look more forum friendly.)

-Iceman

Would if the red part of the hedgehog wasn't there.

NEEDLEMOUSEDAY.png

-Iceman

Would if the red part of the hedgehog wasn't there.

Either works really! It's only till the end of the day officially anyways, so go nuts!

-Iceman

Ok, cool. I made this for use FOR-EV-ER!!:

ND.png

Lol, the numbers are Sonic 2 level Select and the Needlemouse day is Sonic Title Font :)

Anyway, Anyone else like this?:

Sonichead.png

I think it looks cool

Edited by MarcelloF

Yummy:

all4f.jpg

Looks quite nice.

I'm not trying to start a TSSZ slanging match but Tristan thinks SEGA might be messing about with us with that open press kit from earlier on and thinks we've been hysterical with our courage :huh:

Wonder what he's got cooking? Again, I'm not trying to start a slanging match with TSSZ I'm just curious as to what he's talking about.

http://www.tssznews.com/2010/02/04/three-sonic-4-screenshots/

Ignore Tristan. Not worth anyone's time.

404 for ten minutes. Sad panda. :<

Why aren't we talking about how shitty that dust looks? But I'm kind of impressed there's no dust while he's on the corkscrew. That must kick in only in dirt terrains. Impressed. That means they might have programmed physics for different kinds of terrains.

I win Redmenace, I got a triple post and in one of them my post was repeated over 10 tines xD..

Anyway I think the title screens look nice together. I'm guessing Sonic 4's title screen will be over an Island too, though..

Man the board is really dying today xD. SEGA you murderer!

Edited by MarcelloF