Awoo.

Sonic the Hedgehog 4

Aquaslash

Where did you see starposts?

Also, the name "Splash Hill Zone" came from the same leak that revealed that it was going to be episodic and named Sonic 4 Episode 1.

Yeah, I don't like that picture either. Kinda added insult to injury that I was listening to "Can You Feel The Sunshine" while looking at it >_<

At least be happy that he's short and chubby in this model. Probably a bit moreso than the Unleashed model, I noticed.

Where did you see starposts?

Frozen Nitrogen's post with the pictures, two of the pics have an image of Sonic near starposts.

Also, the Sonic model looks unfinished, the Badnik models are possibly not even made yet, so give them some time for modeling.

Edited by Nathan Speed

This fanbase never ceases to amuse and depress me. Simultaneously. We finally get what we've been asking for for like a decade now and what do we have to say for it? "GREEN EYES!?! FFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!"

Seriously, it's looking a gift horse in the mouth and then shooting it because it's missing a tooth.

Jeez, people.

Also, funny how NSMBW was mentioned, because I think that game's level visuals are, well, more visually pleasing than what we've seen here, to be frank. The sort of tacky, overly-glossy prerendered CGI visuals in a 2D game should have died out with Donkey Kong Country. Just seems lazy to me. I hope such laziness doesn't extend to the gameplay, I'll accept having to deal with the crappy visuals if the gameplay is fantastic.

But, really. Green eyes. WHAT THE HELL, PEOPLE.

Edited by The Sniper

Also, the Sonic model looks unfinished, the Badnik models are possibly not even made yet, so give them some time for modeling.

The Sonic model was the Sonic Unleashed Wii model, just with different textures. Which is why I praised the game for being consistent with post-Unleashed Sonic. I think, with a little bit of brushing up, it could look fine!

As for the baddie models.... I see your point. :blink: Aww well, as I said before, I can wait!

This fanbase never ceases to amuse and depress me. Simultaneously. We finally get what we've been asking for for like a decade now and what do we have to say for it? "GREEN EYES!?! FFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!"

Seriously, it's looking a gift horse in the mouth and then shooting it because it's missing a tooth.

How many people have out right said they will not play this game because Sonic has green eyes. Count them. I'll just let you know I'm not among them. But I find it hard to believe there people have actually said this. And am beginning to think you guys are just making it up.

Edited by Dejablue

Well said. I'm hoping for the best. I know Sega has disappointed us for years now with so many mediocre Sonic games. But I really feel that Sonic 4 is going to be what we want. We won't know for sure until we play it. But seriously people, Sonic Team are listening to us and giving us exactly what we want. That has to account something.

In the bottom right you'll note that Sonic's riding a pulley system similar to the one in S3 Launch Base Zone. And in the top left (across the spin-dashing Sonic) there's black/yellow hashed markings of the kind that were on the floor in S2's Death Egg.

Whoa. WHOA. HEYYY THERE. RAD TRAILER IS RAD.

DEATH EGG CRASH SITE LEVEL CONFIRMED FOR NOODLEMOUSE!?!?!?!

Ohhhhh god that would be the raddest way to follow the ending to S3&K.

That one prediction just ramped up my hype considerably. WHICH IS DANGEROUS AS IT WAS ALREADY PRETTY FAR UP THERE.

Wait wait... how do we know that zone's title?

It was leaked... somewhere. I don't recall exactly where or when, but I'm sure you can find it if you're willing to trawl this very thread. It came out along with other info which turned out to be true, as Jeremy mentioned. There was another Zone named, too: E.G.G. Station. Does this mean Marve Shupopolus-Gau is making a return with his

He better be.

Dude. To be able to see that, you must have the eye of a freaking detective. Bravo, bravo. O_O

Nitrogen... I am... impress

Much as I would LIKE to take credit; as I said, it was the 1337 h4XX0rz on Retro what found it. Jof & Trunks. I am but a humble crossposter. ;)

Frozen Nitrogen's post with the pictures, two of the pics have an image of Sonic near starposts.

I don't think they're starposts; consensus seems to be that they're part of the Launch-Base-esque pulley system.

Edited by Frozen Nitrogen

How many people have out right said they will not play this game because Sonic has green eyes. Count them. I'll just let you know I'm not among them. But I find it hard to believe there people have actually said this. And am beginning to think you guys are just making it up.

Maybe he isn't talking about this site (check out the SEGA forums, the SEGA blog, and SOME posts at Retro [They actually take it better than I expected] ), but if he is, I'm with you, I actualy haven't seen a lot of bitching in this site (almost none TBH).

Also, glad to see AAUK (and the rest of the SEGA community managers around the globe) taking in consideration some of the issues some fans noticed in the trailer (hopefully they will fix that running animation >_> ).

Having said that... YAY! SONIC 4! *waves a flag*

EDIT: Frozen Nitrogen just blew my mind (goes to lurk @Retro).

Edited by imarafan

Whoa, it's pretty heated in here...like super heated. This comes closer to topping the Unleashed arguments with each passing day...I mean, the green eyes?

You can't be serious...

I know I'm very late to the party here, but...wow. I had expected almost everything that was announced ("Sonic 4" as the title and the game being DLC), but it was still impressive enough to leave me speechless. I love Sonic's character design, and the spinning sign from Eggman's face to Sonic's at the end was a nice touch. Plus, when the biggest complaint about the trailer is Sonic's running animation, you know it had to have been pretty good :P

I was also very pleased to hear that the story will continue from where S3&K left off. S3&K had a fairly simple, yet also intriguing plot (as much so as it could be stressed with the limited hardware of the Genesis) so I'd like to see where they could continue with it.

Also, concerning the leak from a while back - didn't it say that the game would be only downloadable on PSN/Xbox Live? Not to say that would entirely prove it wrong (as they were obviously right about the game's title, among other things) but I think they slipped up a bit on that point.

Oh, 4chan's chock full of 'em. Hell, there are a few who dismissed it because the site refers to Robotnik as Eggman. Shock and horror!

I can understand where some people would prefer one design to another, but it's hardly something worth bringing up to this degree.

Edited by SuperStingray

Also, concerning the leak from a while back - didn't it say that the game would be only downloadable on PSN/Xbox Live? Not to say that would entirely prove it wrong (as they were obviously right about the game's title, among other things) but I think they slipped up a bit on that point.

Irrespective of what the leak said, it has been officially confirmed as downloadable for 360, PS3, and Wii; and unofficially confirmed as coming to the iPhone too (because those sneaky h4x0rs from Retro got into the sonicthehedgehog4.com ftp when SEGA looked away for just a second, and found the currently-locked graphic that said "iPhone" :D).

BTW SEGA of japan also launched their site...

http://sonic.sega.jp/SonicTheHedgehog4/

It features a little expanded version of the jingle we heard during hedgehog day (also, maybe I'm starting to like the song but it seems to sound better D: )

if any of you knows japanese and want to explore... go ahead! :P

EDIT: Yeah, I found this @Retro :P

Edited by imarafan
  • Thumbs Up 1

You call Sonic's black eyes the character "looking right." Who defines what's right?

I thought it was obvious that I was referring to my own preferences in that paragraph, but it seems Inwasn't quite clear enough. I thought I was, given that I was describing that it would be a reason why I might buy the game.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

Also, glad to see AAUK (and the rest of the SEGA community managers around the globe) taking in consideration some of the issues some fans noticed in the trailer (hopefully they will fix that running animation >_> ).

Yeah, it's nice that they're trying so hard to please the fans, but I hope they don't suddenly decide to change Sonic's design simply because some people don't like it. Although I think it would be a win-win situation to keep modern Sonic and add retro Sonic as a cool extra skin or something.

http://sonic.sega.jp...icTheHedgehog4/

Well, it looks like Sonic Team is working on this game. Sweet (since I like Sonic Team).

EDIT: Gah, I feel like an idiot. I didn't notice Sonic Team's logo was at the end of the trailer. >_>

Edited by gamerguy21

Hold on, I just realized something, at the beginning of the trailer, the game's rated E for everyone with comic mischief as a hint to the content, but what got me was the fact that it's got a rating. That makes me wonder, how close is the game to being finished? If it was still in the early stages, the rating would currently be RP (Rating Pending)

Maybe they started work on this game directly after Sonic Unleashed's completion...or maybe even earlier then that...

Hold on, I just realized something, at the beginning of the trailer, the game's rated E for everyone with comic mischief as a hint to the content, but what got me was the fact that it's got a rating. That makes me wonder, how close is the game to being finished? If it was still in the early stages, the rating would currently be RP (Rating Pending)

Maybe they started work on this game directly after Sonic Unleashed's completion...or maybe even earlier then that...

Thats even better. If thats the case, they now have more time to fix up all glitches and such...Hahaha I wonder if they are really going to stay true to the classics and secretly add stage select and Debug mode in the game. As for the episodes, if they release them monthly or within a 3 month cycle, I wont have a problem but if they plan on taking a year or 2 to complete the next episode then thats a problem. The size of each episode should be equivalent to sonic 3's saga with the 6 level games, any less and the price should be of equivalent value.

Edited by streetballa

Oh, 4chan's chock full of 'em. Hell, there are a few who dismissed it because the site refers to Robotnik as Eggman. Shock and horror!

It's 4chan, they do this for a living. Either A) never considered buying the game in the first place, B) already placed pre-orders.

I can understand where some people would prefer one design to another, but it's hardly something worth bringing up to this degree.

It's safe to avoid the 4chan boards.Oh man... But I think the issue here on this forum is someone like me or Phos say something. Then the rest of the time is us trying to defend ourselves from some pretty ludicrous accusations.

So that's what the "Bringing Up" comes from. I don't want to be misunderstood.

Edited by Dejablue

http://sonic.sega.jp/SonicTheHedgehog4/

It features a little expanded version of the jingle we heard during hedgehog day (also, maybe I'm starting to like the song but it seems to sound better D: )

if any of you knows japanese and want to explore... go ahead! :P

EDIT: Yeah, I found this @Retro :P

That's a pretty kickin' title theme. It's starting to grow on me.

(Still doesn't replace Sonic 1-2's...)

Well it IS coming out this Summer so... and considering it's an episodic game, it's most likely not as big as, say, Unleashed or the Rushes.