Awoo.

Sonic the Hedgehog 4

Aquaslash

Well that's true, I didn't consider that. But that also means that the ESRB's already seen a pretty big chunk of the game to give it a rating, luckeh basterds. XD

So...who want's to bet the game's release date's gonna be June 23rd? =p

Edited by Ferno
  • Thumbs Up 1

So...who want's to bet the game's release date's gonna be June 23rd? =p

That's what I oringinally thought, but then the site said it would be released in July.

It's safe to avoid the 4chan boards.Oh man... But I think the issue here on this forum is someone like me or Phos say something. Then the rest of the time is us trying to defend ourselves from some pretty ludicrous accusations.

So that's what the "Bringing Up" comes from. I don't want to be misunderstood.

Sorry if there was a misunderstanding, I wasn't refering to either of you in particular.

Like I said, if you prefer the classic design, by all means, want it. I just don't think its worth the a lot of the flak I've seen.

Hold on, I just realized something, at the beginning of the trailer, the game's rated E for everyone with comic mischief as a hint to the content, but what got me was the fact that it's got a rating. That makes me wonder, how close is the game to being finished? If it was still in the early stages, the rating would currently be RP (Rating Pending)

Maybe they started work on this game directly after Sonic Unleashed's completion...or maybe even earlier then that...

Well, I checked the site and it's RP (despite the trailer saying saying something completely different)...

Also, Shadz posted the PEGI trailer (its PEGI 3 BTW).

So, who knows...

(Still doesn't replace Sonic 1-2's...)

I'm still thinking this sounds like "sonic 1 title" + "sonic 2 level select".

EDIT: Will we (and by we I mean you, because I can't) be able to play needlemouse Sonic 4 in Summer of Sonic 2010?

We should spam ask Dread and AAUK about this... (when the time comes, IT'S NO USSSE to ask now).

Edited by imarafan

To be fair, the trailer was put together really shitily. SEGA should never use that company to make trailers ever again. Seriously, jerky sprites, poorly tweened pieces of art moving around the screen, only like 2 seconds of actual gameplay. Not a very good way of making a first impression.

I am still excited about the game, but I think the trailer turned a lot of people off. It made the game look like a cheaply made flash game. What company made the trailer again?

Supposedly we are getting some kind of reveal tomorrow. (According to one of the countdown clocks on the official site.) Hopefully, we will get introduced to the game a little better then.

Also, I love that music on the Japanese site.

• Thumbs Up 1

So there's a level select built in, for when you get that far in the game? I read that somewhere. That makes it kind of like Advance 2 or SA2 or Rush. Maybe there's going to be an overworld map, would anyone be against that? The old zones flowed from one to another, but the Rush story-map sequences weren't bad IMO.

• Thumbs Up 1

Overworld map or level select... bah!

It doesn't matter, wich is in the game

I will never give up the fight!

As long the voice inside tells me "YOU GOT A SAVE FEATURE IN THE GAME"

It doesn't matter who is wrong and who is right~

Edited by Unholy Sønic

Actually, I have to say, I'd love for cut-scenes to connect the zones, or at least small Sonic 3 style scenes. I'd be happy with voice acting, but I guess in not doing so it pleases the retro fans and keeps the download size low for iPhone and Wii.

Perhaps they could have an option to choose between "full" cut-scenes and "retro" cut-scenes like that... or even "no" cut-scenes for the uberpurists.

Seems like a crazy idea but hey... they finally let us turn off in-level voice overs on Black Knight. This is the next logical step in pandering to all fans.

Except an option to choose Robotnik or Eggman. If they ever do that I'll cry.

EDIT: Oh, save features!? Hmm... they should definately have a "classic" mode that forces you to play through the whole thing with only what you brung, like in Sonic 1 and 2. Only continues if you earned em.

Edited by JezMM

So there's a level select built in, for when you get that far in the game? I read that somewhere. That makes it kind of like Advance 2 or SA2 or Rush. Maybe there's going to be an overworld map, would anyone be against that? The old zones flowed from one to another, but the Rush story-map sequences weren't bad IMO.

Aww man, that'd be great! I'd love for that to return, but possibly in a Sonic 3-esque fashion, possibly to enhance the classic vibe.

Also, that's an awesome observation about the rating, so I hope they use this time to iron out the glitches and get the episodic package ready. I really hope this game is as polished as all the other classic/reboot titles that have been populating the console marketplace as of late. The animations DID look kinda stiff........ :unsure:

Edited by EXshad

EDIT: Oh, save features!? Hmm... they should definately have a "classic" mode that forces you to play through the whole thing with only what you brung, like in Sonic 1 and 2. Only continues if you earned em.

So... you rather start the game to 0 after you shut down your iphone or (insert consol) instead of having a save feature wich contains multiple save slots like in Sonic 3?

Your opinion, nothing against it but IMO, I want save feature and decide to restart the whole thing again on another slot. Also the decision to delete a saved slot like in Sonic 3 too.

I'd love to see more cutscenes by Sega VE animation studio, similar to the opening scene in Unleashed. Of course to keep people happy they could probably limit dialouge to just grunts and small phrases (like NoTW) or even just sound effects.

I just want another excuse to see Sega VE's awesome cutscenes again to be honest...

And to believe this was the lively-est topic to date (since last year) with 80+ people moving around, it sure did die dramatically. (yeah it does say 39)

On topic: good idea I thought i was the only one who noticed the rating thing. E for everyone with a little comic mischief. Hmmm so i guess this means we may be seeing this title at the beginning of the summer? Late may early june? And personally (dont bash me to hard) I hate the new music thats floating around on the jap site. It seems soooo terrible compared to the 90's sonic music and a HUGE downgrade from the current stuff we have now. (Come on we all know unleashed and sonic06/07 had the best music via sonic game). Now that angel island zone remix that was used in SSBB would fit nearly perfect in this game. (SEGA .... DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT)

Oh oh!

The game could have 2 options:

Auto-save game:

You can choose 5 save slots

No save game:

You play directly so it will never save

Like that both camps are happy, no?

I'd love to see more cutscenes by Sega VE animation studio, similar to the opening scene in Unleashed. Of course to keep people happy they could probably limit dialouge to just grunts and small phrases (like NoTW) or even just sound effects.

I just want another excuse to see Sega VE's awesome cutscenes again to be honest...

That could make for a cool intro and ending scene. I mean, think of "Night of the Werehog", that only had grunts and the like, and I thought it was quite enjoyable. And I'd love to see classic-style CGI... but only in limited doses. Personally, I think cutscenes in-game should be done in the same way as they did it in Sonic 3 and Knuckles.

So, I finally caught up with all this infodump from the past day or so, and here is my current opinion:

FUCK. YOU. SEGA.

That being said, I hope that they can salvage something out of this mess to pique my interest.

Oh oh!

The game could have 2 options:

Auto-save game:

You can choose 5 save slots

No save game:

You play directly so it will never save

Like that both camps are happy, no?

Lol, you misunderstood me, that was exactly what I was suggesting in my post.

Edited by JezMM

My bad, I read too fast but it could be nice to have both our ideas in the game right?

I hope I'm not late, but a Gaffer extracted the logo from the Japanese site just in case anyone wanted to use it:

SonictheHedgehog4.png

Edited by Nepenthe

I hope I'm not late, but a Gaffer extracted the logo from the Japanese site just in case anyone wanted to use it:

SonictheHedgehog4.png

What's up with his smile?

It's all... wiggly?

(In b4 complaining about trivialities)

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

It's all... wiggly?

What's up with the Sonic fanbase?

They all.... complain no matter what they recieve??

(It's been said in other phrases many times already)

• Thumbs Up 3

when you first go to sonicthehedgehog4.com and it is loading pay attention to the "game info" area, the "Intro" image will appear.

also "classic style" idle sonic loading animation thing...

My crappy computer is so slow I even have the time to click those options but meh I still can't access them, tho it would be cool~ First at Sonic 4

Edited by Unholy Sønic

It's all... wiggly?

Just a trick of the light on the weird pillow-emboss-effect they gave his mouth, there. It's actually a pretty straight curve if you ignore the shadows.

Kind of lament the continued disappearance of 2D art in gaming in general for little, tiny things like that. But I'm hardly complaining about it in cases like this. 2.5D is the way of the future.

15warn.leo.jpg

THE WAY OF THE FUTURE.

Edited by bro-botnik

Am I the only one who noticed how the Sonic 2 Beta running sprite is used in the trailer but in the gameplay it's not the beta game?