Awoo.

Sonic the Hedgehog 4

Aquaslash

I hope I'm not late, but a Gaffer extracted the logo from the Japanese site just in case anyone wanted to use it:

SonictheHedgehog4.png

Thanks! That's much better than the one I'm using at the moment.

So something is supposed to show up in 10 hours???

Hahaha Probably just some game info that we already know and nothing new. *sigh*

Regarding the running animation: Know what I noticed? there was no way we could have seen the full running animation anyway if you think about it. When the actual gameplay begins, Sonic spins up a hill, slowly mounts onto a corkscrew, then goes up another hill. What I'm trying to say is that those three things decreased Sonic's speed to a mild jog. If they had continued with the trailer, I'm assuming we would have seen them go up the loop and as he went down, sonic would have switched to a running animation. Due to the gravity, he would have increased speed. Of course this is all just a theory, as for the running animation when sonic was jumping on the badniks and such, in the beginning of the trailer when they showed sonic 1, he had only his jogging sprite on-screen.(plus the sonic 2 section had sonic 2 beta running sprite on-screen while on the sonic 3 section, they didn't have his sprite stabile on the ground which shows that this trailer was poorly made in the first place.)

Edited by streetballa
  • Thumbs Up 1

The Sonic model was the Sonic Unleashed Wii model, just with different textures. Which is why I praised the game for being consistent with post-Unleashed Sonic. I think, with a little bit of brushing up, it could look fine!

As for the baddie models.... I see your point. :blink: Aww well, as I said before, I can wait!

All the badniks seen in the trailers are already 3D, and really, making a models like those used for Badniks doesn't take very long.

Jeez, people.

Also, funny how NSMBW was mentioned, because I think that game's level visuals are, well, more visually pleasing than what we've seen here, to be frank. The sort of tacky, overly-glossy prerendered CGI visuals in a 2D game should have died out with Donkey Kong Country. Just seems lazy to me. I hope such laziness doesn't extend to the gameplay, I'll accept having to deal with the crappy visuals if the gameplay is fantastic.

If you look closely, you can see some of the tiles on the corkscrew vanish before they're supposed to.

This fanbase never ceases to amuse and depress me. Simultaneously. We finally get what we've been asking for for like a decade now and what do we have to say for it? "GREEN EYES!?! FFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!"

Seriously, it's looking a gift horse in the mouth and then shooting it because it's missing a tooth.

If so much of this sites userbase hadn't been focused on circlejerking about how much of an idiot I apparently am, you would have had an easier time noticing where I also talked a lot about the game itself. I'd like to give Sega the benefit of the doubt on this, and that the levels won't be some kind of Rush/Rivals hybrids, I really would, but I did that once already and I don't plan on being fooled twice... and even after I had so radically altered what my expectations were!

I also wouldn't be surprised if there were more posts of bitching about bitching about eyes. That seems to happen a lot around here.

I also wouldn't be surprised if there were more posts of bitching about bitching about eyes. That seems to happen a lot around here.

This.

Yo, try to add more to your post than just quoting others and saying "this". Thanks -Jake

Edited by Jake

Story thus far:

It began as Sonic’s animal friends begin disappearing from South Island. Soon Sonic discovers that evil scientist Dr. Eggman has been kidnapping them and turning them into robots to collect the legendary treasure – The Chaos Emeralds. Sonic decides it’s up to him to save them and embarks on a quest to free his animal friends. Sonic battles Eggman through many different zones. Sonic eventually pursues Eggman to Final Zone where the first in many epic battles between them begins. In the end Sonic is victorious and Eggman’s Mecha fly’s away badly damaged. Sonic returns to Green Hill Zone and re-unites with his friends.

Their reunion is short lived however, as Eggman resurfaces and begins kidnapping Sonic friends again, in an effort to create more workers to finish his ultimate Weapon – The Death Egg! Teaming up with the newly met, Miles ‘Tails’ Prower, Sonic embarks on a new mission through West Side Island in an effort to free his friends and ensure Eggman does not obtain the 7 Chaos emeralds to fuel the Death Egg.

Once the West Side Island is freed, Sonic and Tails eventually board the Tornado and assault the Death Egg itself. After destroying Mecha Sonic, Eggman flees and enters his new Eggman Robot attacking Sonic! After a heated battle Sonic destroys the Eggman Robot and the Death Egg begins to explode.

Sonic and Tails fly down and come across mysterious island called Angel Island. This island is floating by the power of the precious stone called Master Emerald, but now this mysterious island are dropping down to the ocean surface because the Death Egg had been falling on this island. Sonic and Tails are attacked by a Red Echidna named Knuckles the guardian of the island.

Knuckles steals the Chaos emeralds from Sonic, being tricked by Eggman that he is an enemy come to take the Master Emerald.While Sonic and Tails are entangled by Knuckles, Eggman repairs the Death Egg and preps it for launch.

Sonic manages to jump on Death Egg just as it’s flying off. After confronting Eggman on the Death Egg, Sonic defeats Eggman once more and the Death Egg plummets back to Angel Island.

Back on the ground Dr. Eggman begins the repairing Death Egg again. Feeling Knuckles has served his purpose, he sends EggRobo to eliminate this potential threat. EggRobo finds Knuckles relaxing in Mushroom Zone and drops a bomb on him but Knuckles manages to survive. Enraged, the Wild Echidna sets off to defeat EggRobo. Meanwhile Sonic and Tails explore the island to find traces of the Death Egg and find out Eggman’s fate. After and Epic showdown between Sonic and Knuckles, Eggman uses the opportunity to finally steal the Master Emerald and re-launches the Death Egg. With the power of the emeralds, Sonic goes after Eggman, who has taken the Master Emerald into space.

Sonic and Tails secure the Master Emerald and return it to Knuckles on Angel Island. With it’s power restored, the Angel Island lifts off into the sky as Sonic and Tails fly off into the sunset.

But this humiliating defeat only serves to further Eggman’s rage, and he has determined once and for all to rid himself of Sonic. Eggman revisits – and improves – the very best of his creations to defeat our spiked hero.

And so a new Adventure begins…

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm still hoping to see Knuckles. How ever unlikely. Knuckles probably wouldn't want to meet up with Sonic again so soon after their parting. And I wonder where Tails would have wandered off to...

Edited by Dejablue

I'm still hoping to see Knuckles. How ever unlikely. Knuckles probably wouldn't want to meet up with Sonic again so soon after their parting. And I wonder where Tails would have wandered off to...

I'd honestly be very surprised if Tails didn't show up in a later episode. Once they've proven that the mechanics work, they'll probably add more inventive features from there... and what better to include with Episode 2 than something that lets you experience Episode 1's stages in a new way?

Not sure if this was known or not, but I just found out about it checking the page just now because my computer is shit.

intro.png

The page took me ages to load, and I noticed it said intro when I tried loading the page so I took a screencap (though I resized it in paint because I doubt anyone wants to see a full size pic since it'd be massive lawl). I guess thats what we'll be finding out, whether that is a text only intro or something more I dunno! We'll find out soon enough I guess *shrug*. And no, I didn't shop this in case anyone thinks I did.

Edited by DesertPunk

Back on the ground Dr. Eggman begins the repairing Death Egg again. Feeling Knuckles has served his purpose, he sends EggRobo to eliminate this potential threat. EggRobo finds Knuckles relaxing in Mushroom Zone and drops a bomb on him but Knuckles manages to survive. Enraged, the Wild Echidna sets off to defeat EggRobo. Meanwhile Sonic and Tails explore the island to find traces of the Death Egg and find out Eggman’s fate. After and Epic showdown between Sonic and Knuckles, Eggman uses the opportunity to finally steal the Master Emerald and re-launches the Death Egg. With the power of the emeralds, Sonic goes after Eggman, who has taken the Master Emerald into space.
Wait Wut!? Knuckles' story happensDURING Sonic's ? MIND = EGConsidermymindblown.jpg

I call the revisited invention to be Metal Sonic...it'd be crazy if it were metal Knuckles 0_o

• Thumbs Up 1

Wait Wut!? Knuckles' story happensDURING Sonic's ?

This just made me angrier than any of the information about the actual game. It took this to disappoint me; how weird.

If they can't even get a 16-year-old story right, I'm...

...I'm gonna need a minute.

• Thumbs Up 1

Or it could be Mecha Sonic, but really I think it refers to the Badnicks, Traps, and Bosses. (Maybe even The Death Egg)

This just made me angrier than any of the information about the actual game. It took this to disappoint me; how weird.

It means it takes place generally around the same time, it could happen a little sooner or later, and thanks to the events it happens a little later, but only a little.

Wait Wut!? Knuckles' story happensDURING Sonic's ? MIND = EGConsidermymindblown.jpg

Definitely an inaccuracy. Angel Island is up in the air at the (real) start of Knuckles' game as you can tell by the background. So it has to take place after Sonic's game.

Also don't know why the fail to mention Mecha Sonic's second apperance if they thought it was important enough to mention him the first time.

They never actually ever specified whether it happens during, before or after Sonic's story if I'm not mistaken so its nothing to fret over.

Okay they made a huge mistake! How can Eggman have the Master Emerald at the same Time as Mecha? And this is considering where they say Knuckles' story starts.

But... why would Knuckles keep messing with Sonic in the S&K levels if he's not working with Eggman anymore? Why would the two of them have a climactic battle if they're both after Eggman? Why does an EggRobo emerge ominously from the pile of scrap after Sonic's full story in S3&K? How can the Master Emerald be in two places at once? Knuckles' story is pretty clearly meant to happen afterwards.

Just because Knuckles' bit was never officially stated to come after doesn't make the two stories being concurrent any less impossible. Or... well, improbable, anyway. NERDRAGE.

Edited by Octarine

New games aren't the same anymore. Some people need to stop going out their way (or not) to find out as much as possible about a game before it's release and find exploits made by Sega to further find out more. Part of a new game is the thrill of waiting for it's release.

Anywho.... I don't know why people think Nack is going to be in this game... its highly unlikely.

My only major complaint about this announcement is the fact the games are episodic. :/ I hope episodes one and two can at least "lock-on" together.