Awoo.

Sonic the Hedgehog 4

Aquaslash

My new desktop, so I can marvel at the logo instantly every time I turn on my laptop.

To make this post more meaningful, I've looked at the trailer countless times now and I cannot even beginning to fathom how the guys over at Retro managed to spot that sneaky gameplay clip hidden in Sonic's jump. It defies all logic! I'd like to actually see that in motion, I guess I'll have to download it and slow it down.

Edited by ENVY16

My new desktop, so I can marvel at the logo instantly every time I turn on my laptop.

That's a sexual desktop. You pulled off the crop perfectly, got a version to share bro? XP

-Iceman

Could you give me the link so I can rejoice my eyes every time I turn on the pc? :D

Also, I don't want to comment about this story thingy, I'm just going to say I am dissapoint :-l

Fixed :D

You need to fix his hands...

Edited by imarafan

I do indeed have a version to share :D

Here's the full version.

1920x1200 resolution, I'm using it on a Macbook Pro.

Nice. I made it my iPod wallpaper:

63242809.jpg

The quality version of the logo can be found on the Sonic Stadium news post here:

http://sonicstadium.org/news/sonic-4-japanese-site-goes-live-features-longer-version-of-jingle

GENIUS. Must do the same!

Edited by ENVY16

No, the doctored "classic" Sonic looks derpy. His hands are too big, the mouth looks wonky with the altered head and... no. Just no.

• Thumbs Up 1

No, the doctored "classic" Sonic looks derpy. His hands are too big, the mouth looks wonky with the altered head and... no. Just no.

The derpy look, the large hands, the wonky mouth all came from the official logo so your actually critisizing the official on.

I have a theory regarding Sonic in many games. The theory goes like this:

If a Sonic game goes anywhere near 2D, then the Sonic game turns mostly successful.

If a Sonic game goes anywhere near 2.5D, then the Sonic game turns 50/50 successful.

If a Sonic game goes anywhere near 3D, then the Sonic game turns the least successful.

oqhf7n.jpg

Herp-a-derp.

Seriously, you'd need to fix his hands and shorten his body - and sort out the muzzle and the mouth and lengthen the spines ever so slightly - before it looks like a classic-classic Sonic.

Good effort, though. I quite like the official one, myself.

The derpy look, the large hands, the wonky mouth all came from the official logo so your actually critisizing the official on.

No, when you altered the head, you threw the hands out of proportion with the original model. THe mouth suited the original, but not after the photoshop job. If you are set on changing the image, start at square one. Don't attempt a Frankenstein of old and new parts.

• Thumbs Up 1

No, when you altered the head, you threw the hands out of proportion with the original model. THe mouth suited the original, but not after the photoshop job. If you are set on changing the image, start at square one. Don't attempt a Frankenstein of old and new parts.

I never made it, i just liked it more thats all. For a photshopped picture it has been done pretty nice and critisizing because it's not perfect edited is not fair.

Personally when they said back to roots I imagined something like that, and the guy portraited it pretty well IMO

Edited by Jaouad

Well regardless, to be able to alter 3D models to look at least half as good as he did it with the timeframe he had, I'd still say I'm impressed that it came out looking like Sonic.

If I were to try something anywhere near that, I'd probably be banned from these forums for deformation of character.

-Iceman

I think it's fair to criticize photoshop work. How do you expect the creator to get better if they only hear positives?

I think it's fair to criticize photoshop work. How do you expect the creator to get better if they only hear positives?

Yea its fair i agree. But when the topic is about sonic 4 instead of about some non-proffesional photshop creator's abilities it's not nescesary.

The guy made his point clear for me. Which is: it would look awesome if they did something similair to that

Edited by Jaouad

The guy made his point clear for me. Which is: it would look awesome if they did something similair to that

Tastes, I particulary love both models, classic Sonic looks cute, modern Sonic looks cool...

You know what would be cool? If we would get a Classic Sonic skin as bonus or DLC, that would be neat and would shut most of the complains that are incoming... *WINKS WINKS @ COMMUNITY MANAGER*

And fix the running animation

Edited by imarafan

As you said, it's a topic about Sonic 4, not people's photoshop editing.

So I can't comment on the placement of blue text on a blue background in your sig? :(

edit: I kid, I kid.

1 hour until the INTRO section officially opens!

Hard News covers Sonic 4: http://screwattack.com/videos/Hard-News-020410

Edited by Doctor Eggman

The Intro section already appears for me :blink:

Interesting! When I use the sneaky way into it, each page is missing the first letter ("tory thus far", "onic & Tails")

These photoshop jobs are cool, the one I'd REALLY like to see though is that wacky Sonic expression from the leaked Unleashed screen shots. The one which everyone calls Sonic's sex face, I'd love to see that in the wingtip Sonic 4 logo :lol:

To those thinking it looks like Sonic Rush - nearly every recent 2D game has had a similar style to that, the style in 2D was never really affected by stylistic stuff as much as it was in 3D.

I like how the first stage reminds me of both Emerald Hill and Leaf Storm, it is a nice bridge to the series and to me, feels like a pretty natural evolution.

I'm really hoping for an HD snow level.

I really do to! i would also love to see a underground level as well ^_^ Colorfull diamonds and bio luminescent animals would be the bomb XD