Awoo.

Sonic the Hedgehog 4

Aquaslash

Anyway, i just hope the game's music suits the levels pretty well.

If anyone has Sonic the Hedgehog added on their facebook and kept track of all the posts, there was a question asking every facebook user who added him what their favorite level was. I hope this is related to it.

think it's funny how NeoGAF seems to be complaining a bunch about this when this is basically exactly what they wanted.
Not really, SSMB is way more negative with the Sonic Cycle blah blah blah SEGA sucks WHY DON'T THEY MAKE A 3D SONIC circular pointless shit.

it's incredible, no matter what gets released half of the fanbase hates it. without fail

So this is likely to be Sonic 4? I never thought I'd see the day.

Although we all should know better than to think this will be the end of 3D Sonic, but there will be a lot of folks out there who may think that. Oh well...I'm just interested in the game for now.

Intresting interview too. Gamespot slipped in the usual question on characters and Ken answered that they ALL have they're place, even those such as Tikal. And it's surprising that he mentioned Bark the Polar bear...and not Nack. :(

But aside from 2 dimensions, this series isn't going to "clense" itself of the characters as others outside the fanbase may think.

But let's see how this turns out. Say hello to nostalgia, guys. But don't let it get too high off the stuff, or I'll gas you right back to earth. :lol:

This fanbase is as predictable as...I don't know what. Brace yourselves people, because once this game is release (or maybe part way through) hell will follow suit.

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic

If this guy has input in the game, its kind of a safe bet that Tails and Knux will be around.

Right? What kind of Sega rep says stuff like that and then name drops Tikal and Bark the Polar Bear?

This guy sounds more like a fan than a Sega rep. I hope these kinds of people are working on the game.

Even if it includes characters like Shadow, as long as the game has classic format I'll be satisfied.

I wouldn't call it hate, it's more along the lines of caution. Just because all the outlets in your house have ground fault interpretors doesn't mean making toast in the bathtub is a good idea.
Touche'

And it's surprising that he mentioned Bark the Polar bear...and not Nack
Bark is way cooler then Nack.

Sorry for bursting the old school fans' bubble, but... This seems like a complete waste of time for me. This will not gain SEGA many new fans, it feels like filler.

Sorry for bursting the old school fans' bubble, but... This seems like a complete waste of time for me. This will not gain SEGA many new fans, it feels like filler.

Why?

This seems like a complete waste of time for me. This will not gain SEGA many new fans, it feels like filler.

Neigh. I think it means we'll see gamers that haven't approached a Sonic game in years take notice here.

Wow. Just wow.

:blink:

This is some of the most exciting news I've heard... well, all year! A new Sonic game in itself is an exciting prospect, but a 2D one codenamed "Project Needlemouse"? HELL YES! :D

My only worry now is whether it'll be on a console I own... any hope in hell of this being on Wii? :huh:

meer weeks ago didn't some rep say that retrofags were no longer part of Sonic's demographic? :/

Heh, I kinda laughed a little at that guy. But now I kinda feel bad for him seeing as how the entire company just issued an emphatic Screw U.

Well, goodnight to you guys. When I return I am sure that this topic will be like 25 pages :lol:

Edited by Sega DogTagz

Because most possible game buyers aren't interested in a 2D game. HD 3D is the norm now. This feels catered only to old school fans.

That's the whole point. It's being made for the old-school fans, not the newer fans. If new fans want to jump in and play the game, they're more than welcome to. But this is nostalgia territory here.

Plus, usually anything with Sonic's name on the cover is likely to sell a lot. And let's not forget who really gobbles up his games. ;)

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic

Anyway, i just hope the game's music suits the levels pretty well.

If anyone has Sonic the Hedgehog added on their facebook and kept track of all the posts, there was a question asking every facebook user who added him what their favorite level was. I hope this is related to it.

Hill Top Zone.

Hm... interesting.

Well, we'll have to wait and see, won't we?

MY big concern is the system it's on. Seeing as I don't have any newgen consoles, I wanna make sure I get the right one!

Unless it has a PC or DS version at some point...

Because most possible game buyers aren't interested in a 2D game. HD 3D is the norm now. This feels catered only to old school fans.

Really? I seem to remember Super Street Fighter II turbo HD remix and Marvel VS Capcom 2 (ps3/360 ver.) being a huge huge seller for capcom.

I just hope this is NOT the 20th anniversary game. I will be utterly disappointed if it is so.

It's coming on in 2010. That's only four years after the acursed 15th anniversary game. So no, it's not.

You've done a lot of market research, then?

The sales of games like 'Splosion Man and Mega Man 9 tend to disagree with you, though.

How can it be the 20th anniversary game if it won't be released in the right year? What CSS said. Anyways--

As an Aside, I saw that back when it was new, when I just randomly went to Gamespot. You know what I thought? "Looks like the same crap they've been pulling since Adventure 2". And I was right on the money.

I'd reckon 06 is closer to SA1 than anything else, but nevertheless, a recycled game doesn't necessarily have to be a bad one. That's hardly why the game failed, although since I know you're don't like SA2 anyways, I suppose I'm not saying much. xP

Edited by Nepenthe

This game's gonna sell regardless. It's not like old schoolers were the only ones who'll notice this game.

This game's gonna sell regardless. It's not like old schoolers were the only ones who'll notice this game.

"IT'S FLAT OHMAHGOOOOOOOOOD"

"FUCK U."

*Inverted Flame War starts*

Yeah, it'll be noticed alright. :P