Awoo.

Sonic the Hedgehog 4

Aquaslash

yeah even bad Sonic games sell good. He's just got that going for him.

Not ones like Sonic 06. ShTH had a marketing trick to get it to sell well: GUNZ!

"IT'S FLAT OHMAHGOOOOOOOOOD"

"FUCK U."

*Inverted Flame War starts*

Yeah, it'll be noticed alright. :P

Eh, don't worry. A rilly big Fiyah Extinquisher should take care of flame wars. :P

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic

Not ones like Sonic 06. ShTH had a marketing trick to get it to sell well: GUNZ!
Sonic '06 made the platinum hits thing or whatever on Xbox didn't it? that's pretty mucha a sign that a game sold fuckloads.

Kids dig the hedgehog.

[quote name='Br

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic

Given Sega's track record of plan execution, this could make or break Sonic.

People have been saying that since Sonic Heroes.. what gives?

yeah even bad Sonic games sell good.

Sonic Black Knight didn't.

All I have to say is, 2010? Too Early.

Edited by Jix Hedgehog

OK, WHAT is everyone arguing over?

You're all acting like this is politics or something.

"I raise to you sir the rate of performance of our candidate has been a bit thin lately, I dare say his image has been worn thin, he wants to go back to the roots of his campaign to find and reinstall his core base, a return to form for self discovery. Oh but how will this relate to his current positions on things? Well I do say that this may not reflect how he performs now, maybe he will go back to find a new way to reach audiences everywhere. This has been a requested move for our candidate to take for a long while, but now that it's being acted is this really the right course of action?"

Boring stuff people. I hope they do the ONE key thing I think Sonic games have been lacking. Creative, fun, unique, and awesome level design. Make Sonic do things only Sonic can do. Make it fun. Make it fast but a good platformer in it's own right. I am looking forward to it, but not as the rebirth of Sonic or another crash, but exactly as they're advertising it as: A brand new 2d Sonic adventure. I'm sure I'll love it, wait to see more.

Does anyone get more of a Dr. Seuss feel from those forms than anything else?

I'd say it looks more Tim Burton-ish to me.

And from what I see, I'm guessing the game is going to a 2.5D game ala Sonic Rivals minus the Rivals. Looks like we'll have to wait and see.

hope they do the ONE key thing I think Sonic games have been lacking. Creative, fun, unique, and awesome level design.

Objection! They did that with Sonic Rush Adventure.

And from what I see, I'm guessing the game is going to a 2.5D game ala Sonic Rivals minus the Rivals.

You saw all that from a little trailer yet you didn't see the word 2D?

Edited by Jix Hedgehog

OK, WHAT is everyone arguing over?

You're all acting like this is politics or something.

"I raise to you sir the rate of performance of our candidate has been a bit thin lately, I dare say his image has been worn thin, he wants to go back to the roots of his campaign to find and reinstall his core base, a return to form for self discovery. Oh but how will this relate to his current positions on things? Well I do say that this may not reflect how he performs now, maybe he will go back to find a new way to reach audiences everywhere. This has been a requested move for our candidate to take for a long while, but now that it's being acted is this really the right course of action?"

Boring stuff people. I hope they do the ONE key thing I think Sonic games have been lacking. Creative, fun, unique, and awesome level design. Make Sonic do things only Sonic can do. Make it fun. Make it fast but a good platformer in it's own right. I am looking forward to it, but not as the rebirth of Sonic or another crash, but exactly as they're advertising it as: A brand new 2d Sonic adventure. I'm sure I'll love it, wait to see more.

joker-clap.gif

Honestly, I could care less if this were a game to "recapture that classic magic" as itwere. The only thing I care about is that the game better be fun.

hope they do the ONE key thing I think Sonic games have been lacking. Creative, fun, unique, and awesome level design.

Objection! They did that with Sonic Rush Adventure.

And from what I see, I'm guessing the game is going to a 2.5D game ala Sonic Rivals minus the Rivals.

You saw all that from a little trailer yet you didn't see the word 2D?

No, I saw it on the teaser SITE, not the trailer. I can tell from the lighting and shading from the platforms.

Wow yeah. Burton and Seuss, but I'd have said Burton first just cause of the way that one platform curls away.

That'll take some getting used to, but as long as the backgrounds are lush, I'm sure it'll look great.

Checkered hills really gives us an idea of where this is headed. Who knows how long the game will even be. 30 levels is my guess.

Sonic games have had a downward trend in sales since Sonic Heroes.

In other news, Oh Hai there teaser site.

The loop is PERFECT. And those platforms are rather intriguing...

----

Given Sega's track record of plan execution, this could make or break Sonic.

People have been saying that since Sonic Heroes.. what gives?

Given his rep right now, and the year this is... I'd say that line makes sence for once.

yeah even bad Sonic games sell good.

Sonic Black Knight didn't.

Give it some time. It JUST came out this year.

All I have to say is, 2010? Too Early.

Hint: if it's released on a year with a multiple of five, it WILL rock the fanbase in a generally positive way.

Bolded comments here

aaaaaaaaaaah nuuuuuuuuuuu he resurfaces!

Hah i made a comment with the same curious question a few pages back. Well this is some evidence in favor of Wentos I guess.

Edited by Dejablue

There are holes in what he said all over the place. None of the designers from Sonic 1 or 3 were involved in Unleashed, Unleashed was definitely not the "real" 06, and I would think that someone who works for Sega would know that. I also don't see any mention of a retro styled game.

Come to think of it this whole thing is giving me major sense of deja vu too. I'm not sure if it was Wentos, but I remember reading something about a 2D Sonic games titled "Project Needlemouse" somewhere...

And I'm not just saying that, it was a few months back... Goddamit, where did I hear about this, it's going to eat me u-

HOLY CRAP WAIT!!! It was some interview, I think. The one that mentioned... OK, I need to do a background check, please god hope I can find it...

I am probably the only person that thinks this is going to be a bad idea.

Is that assuming they succeed in making a Genesis style game or not? I'm curious.

Judging by the teaser site, this is going to be an XBLA game. Those models don't look pretty enough for a retail game.

EDIT: Anyone notice the models laid out suspiciously similar to the layout of Green Hill Act 1? Could this be a remake?

As for Wentos, anyone could have guessed SEGA were going to focus more on 2D after the reception to Sonic Unleashed.

Edited by Matriculated