Awoo.

Sonic the Hedgehog 4

Aquaslash

They'll release some new info as soon as Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing is near release date.

It's what they've been doing to every game now...

They did it with Chronicles, Black Knight, Winter Olympics. Yup!

They'll release some new info as soon as Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing is near release date.

It's what they've been doing to every game now...

Man, and I heard someone say that they think that we will get new information before the end of this year. Either way, as eager as I am for awaiting new information on Project Needlemouse, well...

Waiting until it's near release for SASR before they release new information on Project Needlemouse is okay, I suppose. I mean, it's better than waiting much longer than that.

BTW, Tizo, I must ask, what makes you think we will get new information by then?

I really don't think this is all that unusual. I'm pretty sure Nintendo hasn't released anything about SMG2 and the new Metroid game since their announcement, which is even further back than Needlemouse's...and yeah, they did get a trailer whereas Needlemouse has nothing, but even then it shows that complete silence for several months has never been out of the question.

• Thumbs Up 1

Man, and I heard someone say that they think that we will get new information before the end of this year. Either way, as eager as I am for awaiting new information on Project Needlemouse, well...

Waiting until it's near release for SASR before they release new information on Project Needlemouse is okay, I suppose. I mean, it's better than waiting much longer than that.

BTW, Tizo, I must ask, what makes you think we will get new information by then?

Well, basically because SEGA has been doing this ever since Sonic Chronicles, just like Blue Blood up there mentioned.

Again, this is just one of my theories like the one I said about Project Needlmouse being a downloadable title, so don't take this as true, just take it as a pinch of salt in your french fries =)

Edited by Tizo Teh Hedgie

I mean he's been going downhill. Like they messed up Sonic 06 by releasing it while in beta (True story) and they messed up Unleashed with the Werehog

Well we all know 06 was a total and utter fail, but I personally found Unleashed to be the best Sonic games I played in years. Not saying that it's the next SA2 or SA (no where near), but I thought it was pretty darn good. A good 7.5

Werehog was a BAD idea for a gimmick, I remember when I saw it, thinking, "WTF? No way. This will suck SO hard." But, I found it fun "werehogging"! However, it's a matter of opinion.

Okay, I know this has been friggin' said before, but now that we are at 100 pages in talking about Project Needlemouse, I think I should be the first (other than Solid Soap, maybe) on this page to ask: When the freaking heck is Sega gonna give us some new information or trailers on this game?

Is Sega just trying to make us wait for information for so long to torture us as punishment for being a bunch of whiny, complaining, socially disorganized group of fans (and the senseless, ridiculous (though that does not apply to everyone) criticism we gave Sega and they had to deal with?)

Face it everyone. You're torturing yourselves and everyone else who has the patience to wait quietly instead of filling this topic with 100 pages of off-topic discussion.

• Thumbs Up 2

After 100 pages, I wonder if there is anything else left to discuss about this game anymore until new info comes.

After 100 pages, I wonder if there is anything else left to discuss about this game anymore until new info comes.

Hmmmmmmm.....

I know we were talking about SOMETHING about bosses, or mini bosses in particular, but while we are at it, why not discuss what kind of bosses we'd like to see? What kind of machines Eggman (or Robotnik) would build to use against Sonic, and how they would function, as in how the machine Eggman uses attacks Sonic and its possible attacks? What would be the possible methods and attack pattern that boss would have?

What kinds of machines would you think that Eggman (or Robotnik) should use as a boss Sonic has to fight? Use your imagination! Come up with an idea for any possible boss so we can be able to discuss this topic on "kinds of bosses" more. What do you guys think of this idea?

I'd love for mid-bosses a la Sonic 3 and Knuckles to return.

I'm going to laugh so hard at all of you if someone from SEGA comes along to say that Project Needlemouse doesn't exist and was just a social experiment on the nerdiness and neuroticism of the Sonic fanbase XD Bwahaha.

• Thumbs Up 1

I've waited a long time for the 100th page to post my toughts on PN.

What I want of P.N.?

Its quite simple, I want it to be like the Genesis, Master system and Mega drive era:

• To be fun
  • To have lots of replay value
  • Eggman in all of the bosses
  • Physic/pinball mechanic in the game
  • Creative, challenging and original special stages to gather the chaos emerald
  • Having the chance to play as super sonic in the levels after we collect all of the chaos emeralds
  • If we can play as other character, they must be optional and not forced
  • To have mini-bosses in the levels like in S3&K
  • Insta-shield or not but if their here, i'll be happy
  • Different character = different paths but the begining and the end of each levels are the same
  • Mini-game when hitting a ring post like in S3&K
  • Play with the character post by jumping on it (when you finish a stage)
  • 10 rings box only, not the (?) box
  • Choose between Tails following Sonic or not in the game
  • No monster of the week please?
  • Can we work our asses to go on the loops please?
  • Spin dash and no Sonic boost from SR/SRA thanks but like in SCD okay
  • A-N-I-M-A-L robots only, thanks

So thats mainly what I want from P.N.

People have been talking alot about the special stages and really now.... we might get something old and we might get something new. Who knows what we'll get!! Now i'm not saying that what you want will or won't be there but don't get your hopes to high that what your asking for will be absolutely there.

I'm asking alot obviously but hey, I still got faith that some of my request will be there while keeping in mind that new stuff might be implented in the game. As long as I'm having fun and that the game will give me the urge to replay it again and again like some of the old and lastest game have done, I won't be bothered if there are things that I listed aren't there.

But... to have 3D model character while everything else is in 2D? Hmmm good question, I still don't know how I'll react to it... SRA did a pretty good job at making some 3D elements and 3d characters while keeping everything else 2D so if they do almost the same thing for P.N. I won't mind much. But considering that this game is really for the retro fans, having some 3D elements is on the low of being shown but we aren't 100% sure of that.

Now for the level designs and gameplay, something similar or close of S1 S2 S3&K might be awesome but something new (saying that a lil too much) and refreshing will do good for us too no? Having multiple paths; some that are long some that are short, some that are hard (like deadly robots and plentyful of spikes) or even some that are easy (nothing but speed pads and ring/sheld box) would be cool.

Story wise? not caring at all, I want to play and not watch a movie or cut-scenes in 2D (unlike Sonic OVA). All I want to know of the game, is that Eggman is causing shit again by robotizing animals, being a threath to the world and Sonic must stop his evil doings, final. The rest, for me, is unecesary, I don't know for you guys, you might enjoy having a cool and entertaining story and I got nothing against it. But if the story is stopping me of playing from time to time to force me to watch it, even if I can skip it, I won't be amused at all.

For the rest, make it fun, enjoyable and addictive but mostly non-frustrating. That is all.

Way Past Cool~

Edited by Unholy Sonic

I'm going to laugh so hard at all of you if someone from SEGA comes along to say that Project Needlemouse doesn't exist and was just a social experiment on the nerdiness and neuroticism of the Sonic fanbase XD Bwahaha.

It could be a conspiracy to create a Sonic game so bad that it will cause Cthulu to rise from the sea and usher in the end of days.XD

Here are my hopes for the game:

-It will occur after Unleashed, having at the very least one reference to that past game (Professor Pickle, Gaia, Chip's bracelet) so as to have a bit of continuity

-All Sonic stages, with the ability to play as other characters (like in Chaotix)

-2D HD sprites, hand drawn

-The return of a classic character (Mighty or Fang)

-Eggman as the final boss

Here is my true geek wish, that I'm certain won't come true:

The game will actually be Sonic 4, taking place a few years after Sonic & Knuckles and right before Adventure. An original plot features Fang the Sniper in a supporting role. The game ends with Sonic running to Station Square for some R&R (little does he know, Chaos awaits).

Edited by Doctor Eggman

So nobody has thought about trying to hack Sega? I know there are capable hackers out there. These people aren't exactly tight with information as we have all seen.

Even better: The game turns out to be a mistranslation that is actually just another port of Sonic Adventure.

How do we know it's even a Sonic game? For all we know, it's Shenmue 3.XD

• A-N-I-M-A-L robots only, thanks
Unidus, Bomb, and Eggrobo say "well screw you too, pal!"

• Different character = different paths but the begining and the end of each levels are the same

This makes me think, tho', what a Sonic game would be like with multiple exits (and entrances?). It'd need a lot more levels than usual to make it work, I'd think, but it'd certainly add some new life to exploring...

Okay, I'm gonna ask right now for NO more macros or spammy comments regarding the number of pages or speculation about future contentless posts. You guys are a self-fulfilling prophecy.

If you really can't find anything else to talk about, let the topic die until one of you DOES have something to add. Stop bumping it with even more meaningless posts D:

• Thumbs Up 1

I think I'm pre-disposed to liking Needlemouse no matter what it's like when it comes out. Just the fact that Sega seems willing to balance nostalgia with doing something new gives me high hopes, especially since I thought Unleashed was a step in the right direction.

This makes me think, tho', what a Sonic game would be like with multiple exits (and entrances?). It'd need a lot more levels than usual to make it work, I'd think, but it'd certainly add some new life to exploring...

Spring Yard Act 2

http://info.sonicretro.org/images/5/5f/Syz2.PNG

Okay, so that's the WORST example possible, because it's a ramp a the very end of the zone and everything is the same. But still :P

Having multiple exits and extrance would be a cool feature.

Launch Base Act 1 Start: Sonic/Tails and Knuckles start in the same place, from the same exit in Ice Cap/

Launch Base Act 1 End: Sonic/Tails and Knuckles are in totally different places.

Launch Base Act 2 Start: S/T start in a different area to K for obvious reasons.

Launch Base Act 2 Middle: K briefly crosses the path as S/T. However, for the more of the time not only is he in a different place but it also has a different theme (sewers instead of a the sea at the base of some mountains)

Launch Base Act 2 End: K is quickly shifted back on to a separate route, fights different bosses and as such finishes in a different place to S/T.

Mushroom Hill Act 1 Start: S/T and K have different starts to the entire zone this around.

Mushroom Hill Act 1 Middle: Well, it's actually quite early on. The paths join up and stay the same for the remainder of the act. The fight the same boss.

Mushroom Hill Act 2 Start: Same boss in the same place leads them to start the next act in the same place. However the paths spilt pretty soon.

Mushroom Hill Act 2 Middle: The spilt paths merge and weave in and out through the entire act.

Mushroom Hill Act 2 End: Until the very end, where they come together, see the same boss and start Flying Battery the same way.

That was pointlessly long. Hmm. But to have all that, but with player control rather than scripted by the game would be awesome. And even better if they lead to different Zones altogether. Oh yeah, I'm calling that this game will have Zones and Badniks. Rivals had Badniks and Rivals 2 had Badniks and Zones. Yeah! =D

Edited by Jake
Turned the astronomically large image into a link. Yikes.

Do you mean Super Mario World style, or something else?

I don't think anyone has mentioned this yet, but I'd like to see a homage to Sky Chase Zone from Sonic 2, with Sonic riding on top of the Tornado.

I know this is supposed to be a joke, but if this ever happened, then I'd drop dead in DELIGHT. I want Sonic to succeed, but NOT through the cheap tactics of a "Mega Man 9."

If the project is real, then I hope PN would be DIFFERENT from the Classics or the Dimps games. Some nice ability to catch speed while playing as Sonic while including various platforming and pits to make the ability more difficult. I don't mind pinball physics, but I rather NOT have it in the game. If there is pinball-related physics, then make it innovative, fresh, and different rather than being the same as the Classics. I think multiple paths are fine, but there also needs to be linearity so the player has some sense of direction.

For other characters or other gameplay alternatives, I think I may be one of the few who hopes the alternate gameplay is mandatory. I like to play something else midway the game to break up the flow and not have to play the same type of gameplay throughout. Mandatory changes in gameplay, to me, breaks up the monotony of the game and provides variety; it won't make me want to drop the controller and let it collect dust.

The idea of a Special Stage is interesting. I don't have any ideas, but mine would be ones similar to Sonic CD, but a little bigger and harder and not full of UFOs.

In terms of the Supers, give us the option to play as the super characters if we collect the Emeralds. Either that or make the Super exclusive to the final boss. One thing I REALLY hate about Sonic 2 and S3&K were the Super/Hyper transformations. A lot of the time, once you collected the rings, you were forced to transform. This is especially the case with Knuckles, where occasionally the only way to advance is to climb, and climbing/gliding triggers the transformation. The transformation takes away the challenge and fun for me; the "reward" is more a punishment. And as Super Tails, several times, I've gotten stuck in a stage because one of the flickies hit an actuator if I got too close by accident and therefore block my path. As a result, I never enjoyed playing the Supers/Hypers.

Whatever it is, I hope the game is brand new and not like a crappy rehash of the Classics. And pray to God Sega won't retcon the series as we know it.

Edited by Dark Qiviut
  • Bad Quality Post 2

I don't think anyone has mentioned this yet, but I'd like to see a homage to Sky Chase Zone from Sonic 2, with Sonic riding on top of the Tornado.

Only if done in the same way. Sky Chase from Adventure was pretty naff, and Tornado Defence in Unleashed was SUPER HAPPY QUICK TIME EVENT. A level where you periodically hop on and off of the Tornado would be cool. There's an armada of ships in the sky and you take down each one (like in Heroes) but to get between them you have to hitch a ride. That would rock.

Only if done in the same way. Sky Chase from Adventure was pretty naff, and Tornado Defence in Unleashed was SUPER HAPPY QUICK TIME EVENT. A level where you periodically hop on and off of the Tornado would be cool. There's an armada of ships in the sky and you take down each one (like in Heroes) but to get between them you have to hitch a ride. That would rock.

Yeah, leaping and attacking like on the Mega Drive would definitely be preferable to SHOOT EVERYTHING DOWN or PRESS X TO NOT DIE.