Awoo.

Sonic the Hedgehog 4

Aquaslash

I would certainly hope Wii owners don't get shafted as bad as they did with Sonic Unleashed.

Wii Unleashed isn't all that bad on its own, but when you compare the two it just plain seems awful in so many ways.

I would certainly hope Wii owners don't get shafted as bad as they did with Sonic Unleashed.

Wii Unleashed isn't all that bad on its own, but when you compare the two it just plain seems awful in so many ways.

Wii Unleashed made me nostalgic. Not for any Sonic game of course, it reminded me of a Playstation 1 game, with it's empty environments and bizarre design tendencies, such as the hub worlds.

Wii Unleashed made me nostalgic. Not for any Sonic game of course, it reminded me of a Playstation 1 game, with it's empty environments and bizarre design tendencies, such as the hub worlds.

It's not sega's fault the wii isn't on par with the PS3 or 360. =( Yell at Nintendo. For making a system that's outdated.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

Playing Unleashed Wii always makes me feel like they wanted to do more with it. Not just in comparison to the HD version, but there's those extra missions in entirely new areas, and some of them seem to have unused parts as if they used to be full fledged levels...

I didn't see any Secret Rings owners complaining about not getting Sonic 2006.

Nowadays? Of course not. Closer to the release date? You'd be surprised. It was actually a somewhat common complaint until... oh say, a bit under a year after the game was actually released, I dunno, my memory's a bit fuzzy on the subject. Completely different story to Unleashed and such though, which is actually a fairly big strain on the HD systems for good reason (so much so that even the Hedgehog engine designed specifically to cut down on fast-moving lag still didn't cover it up at times) - given some actual time, I can't imagine Sonic '06 being all that hard to make a Wii port out of.

Now how Needlemouse would work is pretty uncertain at this point and the plausibility of a port would depend on how it turns out graphically on the high-end consoles out there. Assuming it's sprite based, well, it'd be easy as piss. Sure, there'd likely be a graphical downgrade involved and I certaintly won't deny that, but ultimately it still allows for a wider audience nonetheless, and I'm sure owners of the console, frankly, won't give a shit if the graphics can't compare to the HD consoles, especially if they don't feel like shelling out money in excess of three hundred dollars just to buy a different console for the opportunity to play a game. There's no doubting that someone who doesn't have every gaming platform out there is going to miss out on some gems out there (umm, yeah, that goes without saying, Sherlock), but in the case of something like this there really isn't any reason not to make a game like this available to the Wii. It gives the game overall a much wider reception as far as both the buyer as a gamer and the developer as a money-making company is concerned. Now convince me why this is such a bad thing.

• Thumbs Up 1

Nowadays? Of course not. Closer to the release date? You'd be surprised. It was actually a somewhat common complaint until... oh say, a bit under a year after the game was actually released, I dunno, my memory's a bit fuzzy on the subject. Completely different story to Unleashed and such though, which is actually a fairly big strain on the HD systems for good reason (so much so that even the Hedgehog engine designed specifically to cut down on fast-moving lag still didn't cover it up at times) - given some actual time, I can't imagine Sonic '06 being all that hard to make a Wii port out of.

Now how Needlemouse would work is pretty uncertain at this point and the plausibility of a port would depend on how it turns out graphically on the high-end consoles out there. Assuming it's sprite based, well, it'd be easy as piss. Sure, there'd likely be a graphical downgrade involved and I certaintly won't deny that, but ultimately it still allows for a wider audience nonetheless, and I'm sure owners of the console, frankly, won't give a shit if the graphics can't compare to the HD consoles, especially if they don't feel like shelling out money in excess of three hundred dollars just to buy a different console for the opportunity to play a game. There's no doubting that someone who doesn't have every gaming platform out there is going to miss out on some gems out there (umm, yeah, that goes without saying, Sherlock), but in the case of something like this there really isn't any reason not to make a game like this available to the Wii. It gives the game overall a much wider reception as far as both the buyer as a gamer and the developer as a money-making company is concerned. Now convince me why this is such a bad thing.

Hopefully it isn't a bad idea... but it's sega and given their track record.... I'm not hoping for anything. Tho if the selling point is HD then the wii is clearly out of the picture. but we don't know anything. And won't know anything until sega spills their coffee. I think it'll be funny if this whole thing turns out to be a burst really.

You know, I would kind of expect people to be a bit accepting 3 years into the systems life that the Wii isn't going to be getting big name (non-Nintendo) titles any more. Not to say that it shouldn't be ported to the Wii, but assuming the game itself would be sprite-based HD, it almost makes me question whether they should even bother.

Edited by Tornado

If for whatever reason Needlemouse in HD was a no-no for the Wii, I think it'd be completely awesome if the Wii got a 16-bit version of the game, =O. You know, something that looked like Sonic 3 or something, =3.

-Blur

• Thumbs Up 1

You know, I would kind of expect people to be a bit accepting 3 years into the systems life that the Wii isn't going to be getting big name (non-Nintendo) titles any more. Not to say that it shouldn't be ported to the Wii, but assuming the game itself would be sprite-based HD, it almost makes me question whether they should even bother.

The sense of entitlement from Wii owners is amazing.

If for whatever reason Needlemouse in HD was a no-no for the Wii, I think it'd be completely awesome if the Wii got a 16-bit version of the game, =O. You know, something that looked like Sonic 3 or something, =3.

-Blur

Exactly. I don't care if its in HD, I just want to play a new 2D Sonic game.

• Thumbs Up 1

You know what?

I'm just honestly surprised there's another console debate going on... and for once, the HD systems side is winning xP We should have Remz in ALL of these arguements; usually the Wii people gang up about "UNIQUE GAMES", "GRAPHIX HOARZ" etc, and pwn the HD systems side.

...xD yeah, really, I have nothing more to add to this, I just wanted to say that. Good going, Remz. ... Also, way to break so many SSMB Rules, Remz. XD <3 I'm going to have to strike you <3;

Edited by Kosuna
  • Thumbs Up 1

Somebody has a crush. <3

Also you Wii owners will be getting Sonic Rush Wii. Have fun.

So let me get this straight. Hypothetically speaking:

HD only owners get Sonic retro style PN.

Wii only owners get Sonic Rush style PN.

Muti-platform owners (ME!) get both.

Dinosaurs eat man, women inherits the Earth.

Sounds like a win to me!

• Thumbs Up 1

I would love an up-scaled Sonic Rush ala NSMBWii, personally. Combine that with Project Needlemouse and it's a great year for Sonic fans, in my opinion. Glad I own both a 360 and Wii. :P

Only if the playable characters are Sonic, Tails, Red Omochao and Green Omochao. For colour differentiation, y'know.

I would much rather we had the SSBB versions of Sonic instead these ridiculous extras.

Only if the playable characters are Sonic, Tails, Red Omochao and Green Omochao. For colour differentiation, y'know.

I see what you did there, but I have to be a party-pooper and say that Knuckles easily fits the 'easily identifiable red character'.. thing.

..I forgot where I was going with this. D:

I know you guys are joking around, but in all honesty that type of game would never work with Sonic unless the speed aspect was gimped. You can sort of do it in Sonic 2/3 with someone as Tails, but you move so fast it's too easy to ditch the other character.

I know you guys are joking around, but in all honesty that type of game would never work with Sonic unless the speed aspect was gimped. You can sort of do it in Sonic 2/3 with someone as Tails, but you move so fast it's too easy to ditch the other character.

True, but you could always remedy that with some kind of Incredibly complex 4-way Knuckles Chaotix rubber banding.... no idea how that would work or if it could be fun but you could do it. I for one say Sonic shouldn't be looking to emulate a Mario title anyway.

I just need Sega to give me "critical" gold with Needlemouse so I can run and shove it in the NSMB Wii peoples faces.

The road to Sonic being mainstream with the media started with Unleashed. I need to keep that going.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

Also you Wii owners will be getting Sonic Rush Wii. Have fun.

Which will likely be Needlemouse anyway IMO, because Sega probably thinks that's what Classic Sonic actually is.

There's at least one reason why I lack confidence in this project regardless of platform.

Edited by The Sniper
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Bad Quality Post 1

Which will likely be Needlemouse anyway IMO, because Sega probably thinks that's what Classic Sonic actually is.

There's at least one reason why I lack confidence in this project regardless of platform.

Yes I agree, that teaser trailer eliminated ALL HOPE I EVER HAD IN THIS PROJECT, with ALL IT SHOWED US OF THE GAME. this game is going to be terrible