Awoo.

Sonic the Hedgehog 4

Aquaslash

15 days? Until what exactly? 15 days until we get some new info on this game? If so, how do you know this?

he's pulling your leg.

unless he is viral sega marketing, which I doubt.

Yeah. I guess he's trying to make us curious about new info on Project Needlemouse that doesn't exist and waste 15 days of our lives waiting for it.

So, guys, has anyone tried to hack SEGA for new tidbits on this game yet?

Why would someone need to hack SEGA. They leave shit like this for all to see all the time. :lol:

I wonder if there will be anything about it at the Spike Awards. I know it was stated somewhere that there was going to be a bunch of reveals (the only one talked about so far has been Reach) and there was a list of companies on board with more still to come. So maybe we might get something then? Highly unlikely but still probable!

I'm not going to watch the awards I don't think but just pick out whatever moments from them off of the internet, but I'm sure if there -was- some Needlemouse stuff there it would be posted here so I'm not worried about missing anything xD.

Edited by DesertPunk

Anyone wonder what the "Act Intro Cards" will look like? You know, these things?

Examples

What style do you think they'll go for, and what would you like to see?

Edited by Indigo Dude

Anyone wonder what the "Act Intro Cards" will look like? You know, these things?

Examples

What style do you think they'll go for, and what would you like to see?

Since Heroes' (and to a lesser extent, Rush's) act cards were most like Sonic 2's, I guess that's the default "retro" style. If Needlemouse blatantly copies any of the older styles, it'll probably be that one.

I preferred the less obtrusive ones from S3&K and CD, personally. They had plenty of personality without taking up the entire screen.

Rush easily had the best title cards, and funnily enough Rush A had the worst. Anything that plays around with the Sonic 2/3/CD styles would satisfy me. Just so long as we don't get 06/UnleashedHD "tutorial screens" would be fine though.

Since Heroes' (and to a lesser extent, Rush's) act cards were most like Sonic 2's, I guess that's the default "retro" style. If Needlemouse blatantly copies any of the older styles, it'll probably be that one.

I preferred the less obtrusive ones from S3&K and CD, personally. They had plenty of personality without taking up the entire screen.

I think that, too. Its like the special stage, its the one most people see as "Retro Sonic". I kinda of like the Heroes one more then the Sonic 2 one. But in the end, it doesn't matter all too much. But I'd still like a cool looking one..

I loved Rush Adventure's title cards. Adventure 2's was my favourite though. It was simple and had a nice sound :)

Anyway awaiting more info on needlemouse even though I am far behind on the console market lol. At least they're not overhyping it like with 06 and Unleashed.

lol, I actually have that font ^^. It's called "Andes". I used it in my old sig:

UssoppSig0.png

For some reason I thought it was from Sonic 2, though...

I knew the name, but I'm just saying that even though the fonts in Sonic 1, 2, 3&K, and 3D Blast were all different, they were still "art deco", and it would be awesome if they went back to that style for this game.

It doesn't even have to be the same font. They could use something like this:

heavy_5466.jpg

Or this:

HAFO-ATLA-SP.gif

It would really help bring that classic Sonic feel I think.

God yes, shit was classy as fuck

I never think of "fuck" as classy.

The stylish fonts would be great. They blended so well with the trippy themes of the old games.

• Thumbs Up 1

heavy_5466.jpg

I hate to go off topic, but what is the name of that font?

I'd certainy like to see fonts like that return in Project Needlemouse. They would really help to add to the classic Sonic feel, especially if they also bring Zones and Acts back too.

I never think of "fuck" as classy.

The stylish fonts would be great. They blended so well with the trippy themes of the old games.

You've never seen me make love then

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 2

Seeing the DBZ font reminded me of Sonic's relation to the series, and the fact that it was not uncommon for the genesis games to parody other popular series. Wouldn't it be interesting to see that happen again?

Edited by Chaos Walker

I just hope the game has any sort of formal act title card at all. The bullshit loading screens we've been getting for the past few years are just retarded and take away from the experience, IMO.

And BTW, I'll strangle a kitten be most upset if they give us the same loading screens from 06/Unleashed, where they show the basic controls of the character.

And I second the notion of fancy fonts for the text.

HOLAS:

What about the Heroes/Adventure 2 screens, they were loading and title screens at the same time :P

Talking about that, do you think there are going to be loading screens at all? There is a load of things to consider about this like the size of the levels, the quantity of objects, the graphics and all that stuff I don't know about, or, maybe it's to early to talk about this...

NSMBW has made me rethink the whole "It should be ENTIRELY 2D thing". 2D backgrounds and the like I want, but sprites I'm no longer so fussed about.

• Bad Quality Post 1

Well, as long as it's 2-D and fast, (Which it it, judging from the trailer) I know I will enjoy it. Also, NO VOICES!!!

They're probably going to use voices anyway for a few "yes" and grunts and "HAHAHA" from Eggman, but if you mean cutscene voice overs I'm kinda hoping not as well. Cutscenes will probably be in the game, but I hope they use a silent text based solution. Going a silent movie route with everyone running around and waving their arms like morons looks so stupid and corny these days.