Awoo.

Let's Talk About Our Hypnagogic Hallucinations (The Stage Between Sleep and Awake)

Wittymations

You know what's really whacky? The complex ball of ground beef stuffed in the skull - the brain.

This pink (or grey, whichever) bitch is probably the most overworked organ. It's like the underpaid, salaried manager that cares about their job but fuck everyone needs them for something.

So, when the brain finally gets to rest (still having to deal with the heart and lungs' bullshit but they're important) the brain may throw a massive fit laced in profanity, irritation, and chemicals.

As the brain tries to angrily settle down from a hard life, it promotes witchcraft and conjures up hallucinations.

Note: None of this is scientifically accurate, please do not reference me in your anatomy term paper, you'll fail.

But the stage between awake and sleep does actually lead to hallucinations. I'm sure many of us have experienced them.

Feeling of floating, visions of things that aren't there, sounds that aren't there. It's crazy.

I'm a night time security guard which means I'm bored most of my shift, so let's share stories about our brains being whacko.

So, I get the feelings of floating, sometimes it feels like I'm being slowly pushed off the bed. My sister told me she feels like someone watches her, but I never experienced that.

I commonly hear voices, but often the voices are senseless. Can range from a few people to feeling like thousands talking at once - I noticed it feels like a "reception" thing. Like, an example, one time if my head was on the pillow, I heard felt like a party was in a dorm room or something. Put my ear on a nearby dresser, whole city street of people talking.

Sometimes, I can hear my name being called, but nothing sensible after that. I can only refer to such as a "ghost" - it's not but I call it that.

SPOOFY TIME, I heard the "ghost" call me. I wanted to see if I could actually have a mental conversation with my own lack of consciousness. I replied, in my thoughts, "Hello, Mr. Ghost." Silence, silence, silence, it replied in a high pitched voice, "AHAHAHA!" I woke up.

I rarely see anything, but when I do it's almost always spiders. Large white spiders. This is the waking up stage where I'm only mostly conscious. I'm able to get up, and I may try to kill the spider. It's only after I attempted to kill them that I realize nothing is there.

Anyway, those are mine. Anyone got something to share?

• 11 months later...
  • Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Wittymations

• KnuxDLX

Top Posters In This Topic

This morning I was dreaming that I fell very, very far down into a cave that was full of rocks and sand. Then I climbed up a metal ladder to reach a grand manor-like house where I went inside and opened up a window to see a lush ocean coastline covered with trees and vines. 

And then I woke up...

When I fell into the cave it sort of felt like I could control my descent. I guess it was like floating.