Awoo.

Basic commands for sonic mania

Soleary

Hi there,

My daughter got sonic mania for her ps4 for Christmas.  We have never played before and dont know the basic commands.  Can anyone help? Our sonic has hit a wall and cant jump high enough to get up over it, there's no way back or down.  How does he fly? Or a super jump?

Elle 

https://www.sonicthehedgehog.com/mania/manual/en/index.html?pid=0

You can check out the online manual here. It explains the controls as well as each character's unique abilities.

Sonic can't fly unlike Knuckles or Tails; he can do a spin-dash by standing still on the ground and pressing Down + X, or a move called the "drop dash" (which shoots him forward quickly when he jumps and hits the ground), by jumping in the air and pressing X a second time and holding it down. Since your daughter is a beginner I recommend that she play as Tails first; he can fly by jumping in the air and pressing X repeatedly for a few seconds until he gets tired. It lets him fly over obstacles and small platforming segments with ease.

Every character can do the spin dash by the way, and chances are the part where she's stuck has a wall that can be broken using that move. You can also make your character roll on the ground while running and pressing down.

• Thumbs Up 2

12 hours ago, Soleary said:

Hi there,

My daughter got sonic mania for her ps4 for Christmas.  We have never played before and dont know the basic commands.  Can anyone help? Our sonic has hit a wall and cant jump high enough to get up over it, there's no way back or down.  How does he fly? Or a super jump?

Elle 

I think I know what the OP is talking about because I had a similar problem.

By any chance. Are you playing Sonic Mania Plus and you're on Angel Island where you get Ray and Mighty?

If so... this is what you do.

If you have Ray (The Yellow looking dude) jump into the air and press left then right repeatedly.

Ray will start to do his flight move. It takes a few moments to get the rhythm right but he should be able to clear the wall.

For Mighty (The red guy who looks like Sonic), I don't remember this too well. But I think if you jump in the air then press the jump button again mighty crashes down to the ground?

There's a part near the wall which I think he can break through which allows you to clear it(?).

• Thumbs Up 1

On 12/28/2019 at 8:05 AM, Badnik Mechanic said:

I think I know what the OP is talking about because I had a similar problem.

By any chance. Are you playing Sonic Mania Plus and you're on Angel Island where you get Ray and Mighty?

If so... this is what you do.

If you have Ray (The Yellow looking dude) jump into the air and press left then right repeatedly.

Ray will start to do his flight move. It takes a few moments to get the rhythm right but he should be able to clear the wall.

For Mighty (The red guy who looks like Sonic), I don't remember this too well. But I think if you jump in the air then press the jump button again mighty crashes down to the ground?

There's a part near the wall which I think he can break through which allows you to clear it(?).

Yeah I had the same problem , it stumped me for a bit too.