Awoo.

2020 is The Sonic Stadium's 20th Anniversary! A Year of Festivities!

Dreadknux

20 years? Man, that must insane for anyone that's been here since SA2's release. I'm nearing my six year anniversary myself this year and it really doesn't feel like it. It's hard to believe the board's been a part of my daily life for that long, honestly.

I'm interested to what's going to be upcoming for the board and the site in general this year. In terms of a "wishlist". personally I'd love it to see a few of the older themes get updated in the style of the new Sonical theme. That said, I can't wait to see the team will come up with. I love seeing historical stuff, so those retrospectives sound really good. In terms of stuff for the anniversary, I'm not the greatest artist out there, so fan art's out of the picture, but at the very least,I'm hoping to bring back the Musical Spectacular event for a fifth year running, so that'd line up nicely with the anniversary.

Anyways, happy anniversary to the teams that keep both the main site and the main board up and running! Here's hoping for some more great years!

• Thumbs Up 4

Ain't that wild? Hard to believe that this Sonic community has been around for 20 years...!

Oh, believe me, I'll be all in for some celebrations here. I even had an idea for an event that I was planning to save for next year, but this year is as good as any.

We'll celebrate this year in Sonic style!

• Thumbs Up 2

I remembered this site during its golden era back in 2005 and what a time that was, even though I was a lurker. Yeah I didn't know better and thought Shadow was the greatest thing ever back then but I'm still around, now smarter and mellowed out so it breaks even. I'm actually glad its still around to this day and wow the community really has grown since then now that I think about it. Still congrats on making one of the biggest Sonic communities around Dread! Its been quite the ride.

• Thumbs Up 4

all things considering, I still see TSS as the beginning of my online journey.  Even if I was very noobish on the forums when I first joined back in 2007~2008

• Thumbs Up 1

No mention of Sonic Clans?

I’m disappoint...

Big congratulations! It's honestly quite an accomplishment that this site and forum are still thriving all these years later. Particularly considering that, unfortunately, so many other sites have not been so lucky. Hopefully this site continues thriving for many years to come.

Congratulations! I can't believe that it's already been 15 years since I first registered on here before the server wipe. (I came in September 2005). Where have all the years gone and why have they flown away so fast? I've seen so many members coming and going, so many funny moments,  so many retired veterans who I miss and because of whose absence I began decreasing my own activity.

IMO, the best times on this board were back in 2007 and 2008. Back then I had a different username and I was one of the top 20 most active and most popular members on here. Furthermore, I loved how the layout and the interface of the site looked back then. I loved how there was a proper friend-list attached to every member profile, making it very easy and convenient for people to bond and interact and get to know each other better. Those were the days.

I really wish for that old friend-list feature to come back and replace the current "manage followed content" system. It would also be nice if some oldies from before 2009 returned here to give me incentives and motivation for being more active. But we can't force people to do what they don't want to do. *sigh*

• 3 weeks later...

Hard to believe this place is gonna be 20 years old, but then I remember I was still a child when I joined here ages ago. I can't remember the specific date but I wanna say I was like 15-16 (now I'm gonna be turning 30 this year ugh haha). All I know is it was a few years before the old site got blown up and we all had to rejoin in 2009. I mostly lurk these days just to see whats going on here and there out of nostalgia because this was one of my first online communities :)

• Thumbs Up 4

• 2 months later...

I've been here since the mid-2000's. Kinda crazy this place is still going strong. This place has been my internet home for many years. I still remember there was a game list page on the main site. The GameCube port of Sonic Adventure 2 being described as a "souped up" version of the game. I remember the rumor articles about Sonic Riders releasing on 360 and PS3, etc.

2012 was probably my favorite year here. The community was just coming off the success of Sonic Colors and Sonic Generations and we had Transformed coming up. The community was on a high and it was a really enjoyable time to be here

• Thumbs Up 1

• 5 months later...

My congratulations on this being the 20th year of Sonic Stadium

l I've been a reader of the site since it launched and is the only place I use for info on Sonic games and fan related games/merchandise relating to Sonic that I would have otherwise missed.

My entire collection of Sonic figures and the rest of the gang is all thanks to the articles advising about the many toy rages to be released over the years, long may it continue and I look forward to the celebrations continuing and the build up to Sonic's 30th anniversary next year!

• Thumbs Up 2