Awoo.

About the future of Sonic Games (Post Movie)

DryLagoon

6 hours ago, Plasme said:

There might be a Sonic movie game or two, the games will probably be terrible, and then we'll get another confused Modern Sonic/Classic Sonic mess from Sonic Team like Sonic Forces

I think they'd stick to a mobile game. If there was going to be a console game based off the movie it'd be coming out close to it.

• 2 weeks later...

Honestly, i have conflicted thoughts regarding the movie.

I'm not hyped for it, nor i think it will be a great movie (mainly because so many game franchises have tried to make movies based off them in the past but all of them ended up falling flat on their faces), but i still believe that it can create a good influence for the sonic franchise as a whole and maybe reintroduce many people back in the sonic franchise, it really all depends on how well SEGA will be able to take advantage of the momentum that the movie will create for Sonic, and although Sonic adventure 1 is not exactly my cup of tea i believe that it would be a good place to initiate the reboot of the franchise, granted that SEGA will be able to do justice to the original obviously.

On the topic of sonic games based off the movie, no, i don't think the movie will ever receive anything else, not a mainline game nor a mobile either, the reason why i think so is because since 2021 is fast approaching and with that the 30th anniversary of Sonic will arrive i simply don't think that SEGA has got time to waste for making medias based off the movie.

I do think if the movie is successful it will have effects on the game. It wont just be movie sonic games though. I think sega will finally do the thing its been kinda of want to do and effectively just regularly reboot sonic. I think this opportunity will be used to reintroduce characters, gameplay styles and and the aesthetic of 3d sonic to possible lasped fans

• Thumbs Up 2