Awoo.

Appeal of Espio the Chamelon

MetalSkulkBane

39 minutes ago, Kuzu said:

That's a pretty good part of Vector's design; at a surface level, he seems like your standard loud and boisterous character. But he's not only charitable, he's pretty vigilant and perceptive of things befitting a detective.

He's a good case of not judging a book by its cover.

I guess that speaks to the appeal of  a lot of the more popular sonic characters, there's always sometihng else? Well besides sonic.

Tails oh he is cute and can fly, but also is a ingenious and in more elaborate stories has the entire i'm gonna be my own hero like sonic kinda thing.

Knuckles, he punches and is strong, but also he's the last of an ancient race punchy folks that guard a magical super gem that live on an mayan temple island floating in the sky. And because of that he lacks social skills and is kinda of guilible

Blaze oh who's this mysterious firefly lady, oh she's princess from another world who protects its people and the sol emeralds who doesn't really like working with people and who is guarded.

Oh shadow's oh he's cool he goes as fast sonic, but also he can warp time and space and is an alien science experiment that saw his friends die and a bunch of ptsd and emotional stuff.

I can go on, but yeah. There's something else. To be quite honest, I think that what separates sonic from a lot of other platformed characters. When its done well, its character, gameplay and its story what you see isn't exactly what you get. There's a layer of depth that's genuinely interesting. Hopefully, someone at sega remembers that at some point.

2 hours ago, MetalSkulkBane said:

Somewhere in the middle I guess? I haven't seem official Sonic polls in a few years.

Voting with several choices is stinking lie anyway due to "third party voting".

Imagine poll Mario Vs Sonic. Let's say Mario wins 55 to 45.

Now I make Mario Vs Sonic Vs Luigi . Suddenly Mario fandom splits in half and Sonic wins, because people who voted Luigi harmed their own cause.

Good think we only use that voting system for silly fandom questions and not how to rule the world OH WAIT.

Well this got political fast.

On 1/21/2020 at 5:26 PM, DabigRG said:

Well this got political fast.

The whole "democratic" world is ruled by very flawed system.

There are several better ways, some very easy.

Even if you don't care for politics, it affects every other type of voting with more than 2 choices. So yeah, it's my personal pet peeve and I try spreading the awareness every time I get a chance.

• Thumbs Up 1

Espio did used to have the idea of ninja stuff being an exaggeration leading to him being over-the-top on his side, but that was definitely toned down very quickly in favour of treating his ninjutsu 100% seriously. It briefly resurfaced in Mario and Sonic London in a different way, but they haven't used him much since to really gauge how much of that stuck either. 

Really, he is best when he's being a foil to others which allows his more comical side to come out, but again due to lack of use he can't really get that out as much you'd need. 

• Thumbs Up 1