Awoo.

Movies of the decade

batson

The decade is over, so let's list and discuss our favorite movies of these past 10 years!

Here is my top 7 list (instead of top 10, because I can't think of 3 other movies that truly deserve to stand with these).

7 It Chapter One
The rare horror movie that succeeds wholeheartedly with both the horror element as well as all the other elements that make for a great movie, including likable characters and a story that engages.

6 The Babadook
In my opinion not just the best horror movie of the decade, but of the entire 21st century so far. It portrays not just fear but also other dark emotions like grief and anxiety in a way very few movies have managed before it. It's genuinly depressing and unseasy to watch, and that's what makes it stand out.

5 The Muppets
An absolutely wonderfull musical comedy. The script is incredibly clever and charming, and it has the best musical score of the decade. There have been other good Muppet movies before it, but this one is the franchise's towering masterpiece.

4 Skyfall
The best Bond movie of all time. It takes a clear page from Christopher Nolan's Batman movies to great effect to create a both thrilling and emotionally resonating storyline. And speaking of Christopher Nolan's Batman movies...

3 The Dark Knight Rises
The movie is almost up to par with 2008's The Dark Knight, and that alone is an amazing achievement.

2 Inside Out
The concept of the movie is great in itself, but few could ever have executed it as well as Pixar. Overall the 2010's decade hasn't been quite as kind to the studio as the previous decade was, but Inside Out is one film that represents the studio at it's very best.

1 Django Unchained
Quentin Tarantino is a master, a true artist in every sense of the word, and Django is in my mind his best movie since Pulp Fiction. It is a film that showcases the best of Tarantino, how he manages to imbue every single scene with a sense of tension and drama, always mixed with a slight touch of comedy, to a unique effect. In Django, there is litterally no such thing as a dull moment, which is something that usually even a masterpiece inevitably has a few of, and that is why I think it is the best film of the decade.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• batson

• Big Panda

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• The topic was locked