• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dreadknux

• bmn

• PSI Wind

• Remy

Top Posters In This Topic

Not quite sure how you're trying to achieve it, but it works for me in Safari (Mac) and it's been tested in Firefox besides. What browser are you using out of interest?

Im using both IE & Firefox and it still doesn't work. It only works when I press it on a new post thats just being writen by me.

EDIT: Nevermind, I just have to right-click the editor button for a full edit. Lock please.

Edited by PSI Wind FTW!

Hm. Can I ask what version of IE? Nobody should really be using anything below 7 in this day and age as an FYI, but I doubt it's a browser specific issue.

Could you try clearing your cache/cookies and seeing what that does for you?

Ya know it works when I wanna use it to reply for a thread. I tested that out. Though I'm trying to edit a thread I made recently (I have to change the title of it) and it's not working for me with that thread.

It isn't working for me either, which is annoying because I need it to be able to update the topic title on the soundtrack vote contest. X_x

I'm on Firefox 3.0.14 with google toolbar and adblock installed. Nothing else.

When I click it nothing happens.

EDIT: Also managed to fix by right clicking "Edit" and opening in a new tab, but if this happens for multiple people there must be SOMETHING wrong. =S

Edited by JezMM

I'm at my work PC right now, running the latest Firefox - and I couldn't access the FULL EDITOR by clicking the button just a few min ago.

(I have not yet tried on my home PC)

STEPS:

Viewing a Post

Clicks Edit

Left Clicks Use Full Editor

Nothing Happens.

Edited by Huepow00

Can someone with this problem test it out using the Firebug extension for Firefox?

• Install and restart Firefox.
  • Open Firebug (F12).
  • Click the arrow on the Console tab and select Enable.
  • Reload a topic page and recreate the problem.
  • Copy and paste any errors that appear.

Seems that none of the staff are able to recreate this, so a proper error log should help out. Hopefully.

http://community.inv...-editor-broken/

Fixed. Clear your cache to load the new Javascript.

Explanation, there's a "reason for edit" field in the edit forms that staff have but members don't. The existing JS to send the current form contents to the full editor assumes that this field exists, and fails out if it doesn't, which is why the button worked for staff but not for members. New JS does the gentlemanly thing and actually checks.