Awoo.

Can't get onto #sonicstadium

PaddyFancy

I'm connected to Surreal Chat, and I have a nick registered, but everytime I want to join #sonicstadium, it keeps saying the following...

[15:37:59] -irc.surrealchat.co.uk- *** Can not join #sonicstadium: Creating Channels Is Not Permitted On This Server. Please Contact The Admin Staff If You Want To Make A Channel.

What am I doing wrong?

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• PaddyFancy

• Chris

• The Stiv™

• Spanner

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks to me like you may be connecting to a server that's unlinked from the others in the network (think: netsplit), which knows #sonicstadium is a channel but is unsure how to deal with it.

Although I've not been in the channel since it swapped networks.

I only just managed to connect after a few months, I realised mIRC was trying to connect with its default port, which wasn't working. Changed the port to connect to 6667 and it worked fine. I don't think this is relevant to your problem but if anyone else is having my problem, this worked.

Is it that you're connecting to irc.surrealchat.co.uk and not irc.surrealchat.net?

Edited by The Stiv